Anne

[P4AU] Shadow Labrys - General Discussion

I used to have a bit of difficulty with her hop cancel j.2B the first few days.  I just do 5AAA, but before the third part of the auto combo hits, I input and hold 5D and then hop cancel j.2B.  I don't know if this will help anyone, but that is what gave me the most success.  I definitely love this iteration of her.

Yes she's really cool to play. But very frustrating when you get stomped because you failed somewhere lol.

To get the entire combo off 5AAA, my inputs are : 5AA > (hold 2)A > (2)D > (third A hits) > (2)AC > (2)BD > release 2 > dash > j.B > j.A > j.214A+C. Asterius should follow you in the dash and hit with 214C

It's like playing the piano.

Yeah I do it the same as you guys are doing it but in the heat of battle its quite a challenge. Takes time to get used to.

Tbh the new feature that you tap D once to make your persona block is pretty useless and does more trouble than good. I still hold my D button for the block in neutral

The 214C in the 5AAA combo should always follow up if you pressed the D long enough. The timing of Zouf is perfect.

Do you guys have any mixups tips after you hit with a 5A?

Since you can jump cancel 5A on block, 5A > 5C > airdash cross up > 5C hits.

Works if your opponent respects you. If he mashes you will get hit.

Shouldn't we get a combo thread? We don't have one atm :(

Oh yeah, SB Titano properties : More time to input commands, recovers faster (probably around 5f faster) than normal. Hell flames (or whatever the name) take more time to come out.

Allows combo you wouldn't be able to do with 5C version.

Ex : CH B+D > SB Titano (2C, 214C), dash 2A+B > B+D > Super cancel 214214B > 2C hits > 214C hits > Hell Flames hits > release 214214B (5k damage)

If you use 214214C version, linking 2A+B will be harder, and then Hell Flames will come out too fast after 214C, opponent will be too high for 214214B to hit.

You could open one :P

The mod for this forum is never online.

I'd help you contributing stuff. I'm slowly getting a hang of Shabrys.

Just tried your combo Zouf. It's funny that the bull air grab(if I happen to add one out of muscle memores) at the end does 0 dmg xD

Since you can jump cancel 5A on block, 5A > 5C > airdash cross up > 5C hits.

Works if your opponent respects you. If he mashes you will get hit.

I've been doing that exact thing even in the last game.  It's great when it hits.

Yes she's really cool to play. But very frustrating when you get stomped because you failed somewhere lol.

To get the entire combo off 5AAA, my inputs are : 5AA > (hold 2)A > (2)D > (third A hits) > (2)AC > (2)BD > release 2 > dash > j.B > j.A > j.214A+C. Asterius should follow you in the dash and hit with 214C

It's like playing the piano.

Just decided to actually train with Shadow Labrys again and I'm surprised to find out one of her presumably most basic BnBs is this complicated? Geez, what happened to her... At least now we know she'll be even more rewarding to stick with.

Well, I got the hang of it faster than I thought, but things will get dicey once one has to always be aware of Asterius' position for it. Seems like that will be way more important in this game than in P4A, which is why I have to actually think of incorporating D in combos.

This BnB is quite impossible to do online.  The timing for short jump 2B is really tight, and won't work most of the time.

There are others though : 5A/2A > 5B > 2A+B > B+D > 8C > ?? but i'm not sure you can link 214C in this one, meaning you'll go back to neutral unless you use j.214A+B.

And since shabrys neutral SUX, you never wanna go back there

This BnB is quite impossible to do online.  The timing for short jump 2B is really tight, and won't work most of the time.

There are others though : 5A/2A > 5B > 2A+B > B+D > 8C > ?? but i'm not sure you can link 214C in this one, meaning you'll go back to neutral unless you use j.214A+B.

And since shabrys neutral SUX, you never wanna go back there

I have the same problem with the hop combo.

The only time I get it consistently is after a jB crossup of my oki.

Other than that I rarely get 5A neutral hits anyway so I just opt out for corner carry, mixups or something xD

I can usually get the combo down, specifically the hop cancel part in some lag, but it is Asterius moving too late when I need him during a setup.

Sad that the NA release didn't spark more interest in Shabby. She needs more love.

On a gameplay note, do you guys ever use Titano in neutral? I feel like it has its uses outside of combos as a pressure tool but I always get mixed results at best.

It's always been like this. Titano isn't so great in neutral because shabrys relies on her persona to deal damages. At best you'll get a throw or an overhead, but they will almost never combo with titano unless you are lucky.

Titano is more useful to scare your opponent away and calm down the game. And in P4U2, it's a great tool to increase your damage massively, as you can combo into it very easily now.

Hi, for those who are having trouble with her B&B, I thought I'd share my input.

First off, thanks to Yurushi, as I used a variant of his method to ultimately get it.

My exact inputs go something like this:

5AAA (before the third hit hits, tap 5D)-2AC-j.2B (if this hits, tap 5D, or I guess you can tap 5D regardless)-66-j.B-dj.A-j.214A-214C

Some notes:

-EDIT:  Oops, I didn't know until tonight that you don't have to input the 214C again, you can just piano the A~C thus avoiding the Titano problem altogether.  Actually, it's possible to do C~A, but it's easier to mess up this way.

-Like Zouf said, the window to hit j.2B after the hop is pretty small, although it isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I find it helps if you try to actually time it properly rather than mash it out.  I can see this being pretty difficult if you don't have a good connection with your opponent.  EDIT:  It's a lot easier if you hop cancel ASAP after the third hit of A.

-You don't need to input this combo as fast as you would think, I find it helps if you go a little slower and methodically tap it out.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone!  

Any basic tips for Shabrys neutral/approach? I'm getting too predictable with 2C and have a few mixups, but otherwise I'm lost, I know her neutral is weak but I wouldn't know where to start anyways. (I should specify, should I really be using Asterius in neutral much at all? Most of the matchvids I see have the shabrys manually blocking with Asterius for most of the match.) I'm also not finding any way to combo off midscreen anti-air with standing normals, like random CH 5B tags. I tried just run up j.A xx j.214A with no luck.

And while it should (maybe) be in the matchup forum, anyone know safe ways to punish Kanji B+D with Asterius? Any way to blow up the non-instant command grab?

236D may punish him.

DP will blow his delayed command grab. You can't be grabbed during it.

I hate this matchup. His command grab does way too much damage on shabrys, this is ridiculous.

Short hop is a way to avoid the grab but well, this is guessing.

My favorite way to get in is a short jump or low airdash into jB. It has a nice large hitbox that covers most of the space in front and below you. At low altitudes and from counter hits you can covert into most of your short, A starter BnBs.

How are you guys handling the Adachi MU? I'm finding it tricky, so I'm interested in hearing how others are approaching it.

I just have a quick question. Is it possible for Shadow Labrys to escape hitstun at all without using a burst? This happened to me as Yu when I tried to use 5C to extend a combo. She basically reversaled out of hitstun.

I just have a quick question. Is it possible for Shadow Labrys to escape hitstun at all without using a burst? This happened to me as Yu when I tried to use 5C to extend a combo. She basically reversaled out of hitstun.

No she can't

Are your sure your combo was tight?

No she can't

Are your sure your combo was tight?

Yea just basic extention upon hit confirm. 5A > 2Ax2 > 2B > 5B > 5C. Thanks.

If she could that would be kinda broken lol

No she can't. She can't use her persona during blockstun nor hitstun either.

No, we can activate persona moves on block. I catch a lot of people sleeping with 2C while blocking.

What's the usual stuff to do when your opponent is sandwiched between you and Asterius. Mostly I just crossup/fake crossup 5C/Laser/etc after pinning them down for a sec, but she probably has really better options, right?