Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIne

FRC question (yes, i know)

besides the fact that it's a wonderful punish you can also use it as a combo filler in some situations you would normally use cl 6frc6 the vcl version also takes part in some midscreen impossible dust stuff.

its weird you gotta do it fast enough that it catches the jump cancel frames in the move that you are cancelling it off of. practice doing the 360 method on 5hs. its the easiest.

what button do you have as a macro? are you using the d-pad or analog? personally I have L1 as the macro and I do the 360 with the analog stick but the 6FRC6 part on the d-pad.

what button do you have as a macro?

are you using the d-pad or analog?

personally I have L1 as the macro and I do the 360 with the analog stick but the 6FRC6 part on the d-pad.

I use L1 for frc macro and the D-pad to do the TK

Well, this morning i did it Twice...YES!!! i can finally do it...:vbang: :vbang: :yaaay:

(this was standalone TK btw, i am not yet ready to apply it to combos)

I know how it works now and the key is the frc6 part...once i master doing that fast enough and getting it into muscule memory then i am good to go..just more practice...before the problem was I was not putting in the frc6 fast enough so i got no AD...NOW i get it...:keke:

I discovered another way I could practice it was doing VCL AD instead HCl...VCL Tk AD is considerably easier and from doing it over and over I saw how fast I had to press the frc to get the dash in the HCL version

oh yeah another question... when you are trying to do 5k Hcl Ad... can you just Tk the HcL there instead of inputing it as a 360? like for example instead of doing 63214 k 786k 6frc6 can you just do 5k 63217(89)6k 6frc6 or will the HCL come out too slow in the second method?

oh yeah another question...

when you are trying to do 5k Hcl Ad... can you just Tk the HcL there instead of inputing it as a 360? like for example instead of doing 63214 k 786k 6frc6 can you just do

5k 63217(89)6k 6frc6 or will the HCL come out too slow in the second method?

From HCL FRC Airdash thread,

Eh you don't *have* to njc j.S dj j.S like you do j.S jc j.H; you actually have a fair amount of leniency there; plus since you're off the dash delaying it slightly seems to give you better forward movement than you would get if you had njced.

Caveman had listed down all the possible ways to execute 5K JI HCL a couple of years ago:

5K 632147~8~9K (easiest in the sense that there's no weird timing or concept to use, just do fast and accurately) 63214K 7~8~96K (Caveman's preferred one, IIRC; buffer the half-circle in 5K and then just add 2 more inputs to complete the HCL motion) 5[K] 632147~8~96]K[ or 63214[K] 7~8~96]K[ (negative edged; makes it extremely easy once you can get used to button release timing) 5K 360K (an ok method; I don't like it since it's less accurate but if it works for you it works)

Personally, I'm using the very first one since in some midscreen double CL FRC combos you'd need to walk forward before doing a 5K relaunch, so buffering the half-circle would instead place you further away than you need to be. The third method probably is the most efficient way, since it solves both inherent problems to the first (being really taxing on your hands to coordinate a hcb-f TK motion and not jump and doing 6FRC6 half a second later) and second method (inadvertently mess up spacing).

Also, since in AC P dive has added bounceback recovery you have to do Throw FRC9 236P to make sure you get enough height to airdash back in. If you did the instant TK P dive off the FRC you'll probably be too low to do anything practical.

Eh, of course you could do 236[9]P as in you hold the 9 and time the P dive so it's higher. Again, whatever works.

you can TK it but really it is best to learn to do 360's. I used to do things by TKing with 7 but I learned over time that 360's are so much easier. And really with 5H you have a huge window. Infact you can TK high enough that a HCL cancelled into an S-Dive will connect.

you can TK it but really it is best to learn to do 360's.

I used to do things by TKing with 7 but I learned over time that 360's are so much easier.

And really with 5H you have a huge window. Infact you can TK high enough that a HCL cancelled into an S-Dive will connect.

but remember, you use the analog to 360 so of course its easier to do that and doing it with the d-pad i have to take short cuts, not that i can't 360 with the d-pad but to me it feels like it takes longer to do than just 6321486 and i can't even try the analog to pad for the 6frc6...it feels too weird..

well once you get to the point you want to use JI stuff you're going to have to do 360's so it's best to learn right the first time then to take short cuts that'll put you in a position you still have to learn stuff. I use analog because it's easier for me but when I want to dash from 5K, 2D, 2H, It's always a 360 on the d-pad. If doing a simple 360 is too complicated of an input just wait until you learn how to really play I-No, a simple 360 is literally nothing compared to all the play you have to put on presice(sp?) inputs. I mean half of her mixup is done on a single 360 motion. You'll often use inputs like 2KS87632H(D14)789K. Just keep doing 360's and after a while you'll be like "okay that's nothing". Another thing that may help you out during combos is that you can buffer a 360 fairly early during combos, you don't have to wait for the previous move's animation. Infact, odds are if you wait for the animation you'll probably drop the combo and get a delayed chemical love. anyway, congratulations on being able to do a stand alone a few times. you're one step closer.

i never said 360's were hard...i just said they seem to take longer...cause they are, cause you are putting in more input no matter how fast you can do it...6321486 will always be faster than 63214789. at the very least, you will be able to do them at the approxiamately same speed And thanks:)

do whatever way works for you

heh. you are a real advocate for that philosophy eh? :cool:

if you can't do the 360 method then do what works fastest for you. the reason why the 360 method exists because its fast , easy to remember (it flows; everything else is eh), and not really hard to fuck up.

I am doing it more and more the standalone method 10 times in total...still cant get it to come out off dash j.s j.k 2k 6p 5h HCl

a few suggestions...

don't try doing it off of dash j.s j.k 2k 6p 5h HCL, just try doing it off 6P 5H until you get it down.

also: dash j.s j.k 2k 6p 5h jh 236s (5P) c.s js jk 236k gets you about 170 damage for no tension while dash j.s j.k 2k 6p 5h HCL frc ad js vcl c.s j.s j.k 236k gets you about 180. so it's only about 10 more damage for 25% tension. j.k and 2.k really kill your damage.

j.h 2s 5h HCL frc ad j.s vcl c.s j.s j.h 236k gets you about 220 damage. j.h, 2S really has the same effect as j.s j.k 2k but doesn't prorate the damage.

this is just me, but I tend to go for knockdowns or resets on 2k/j.k combos.

in example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKV8_GrHcXY

another good combo I would suggest you learn is j.h c.s 6p 5h hcl frc ad j.s vcl c.s vcl c.s j.s j.h* hcl frc ad j.h 236p 236s

*or follow with k-dive

I can make vids of all these if it would help you out.

I meant dash J.K J.S in my previous post btw...but i see what you mean, it is the same thing if i use 2k off J.K., J.s, the damage goes down drastically...its better to do stbt cause it serves to mix up or punish when an opponent tries to block or counter after blocking 2k or dash j.k j.s...even off J.h its the same... well i would like to see how 5k JI 5S 6P 5H HCL frc AD J.S VCL looks...:kitty:

you know, i feel closer and closer to getting it....I pretty much understand how to do standalone Tk air dash :cool: it is no where as difficult as a i was making it for my self...I still need to polish it up as in everytime i frc i am able to dash..that just depends on mastery of 6frc6...