Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narroo

Oh, this coloration needs a bit of work.

Note:  I don't know if the site is still being tinkered with or not, so this topic could be incredibly pointless.  But after seeing what happened to Shoryuken.com, I'm going to post my thoughts anyways.

The current color theme seems to have too much contrast in some places, and not enough in others, making reading the site difficult and visually harsh.

May I suggest easing up on the whites and going with some more creme colors?  Also, make sure that the colors for different things are different.

For instance, the tab bar at the top:

"Articles Forums Members etc"

It's all the same color, except for the current tab which is white.  Would it be possible to change the color of all the tabs?  Something of a earthy reddish creme, perhaps?  The font looks off as well; it appears to be white with blue outlines.  Everything looks indistict to me.

Below that, you have a grey block with titles, followed by a light blue block.  The colors kinda blend together because they're light and the fail to compliment each other, giving the screen an indistinct impression where things flow together.  It makes it harder to seperate things at a glance and forces you to focus on the screen to find stuff. 

In general, can we tweek the colors to attract the eye naturally to the important features of the site, as well as to make it a bit less harsh?  The old forums were fairly good at this.

What do you guys think? 

Moved somewhere relevant. Which theme are you referring to? There's the blue one (old default) and the red one (Sol style, still very much in-progress).

Now that we at least have this palette, all I need to feel at home are the subforum icons.

as far as the sol colors go, i hope you realize i am literally using teh same colors as the default skin on the old forums... only where i use the colors are different due to the fact that this is a new board with a new layout.

as far as the sol colors go, i hope you realize i am literally using teh same colors as the default skin on the old forums... only where i use the colors are different due to the fact that this is a new board with a new layout.

That might be it.  The comments still stand though (a new layout can require a bit of alteration.)  That said, if your the one responsible for the old layout/color, I will say it was pretty good.

Also, I'm refering to Sol style.

Once the Sol theme is finished and adequately polished, it'll be easy enough to make new color combinations based on it.

Once the Sol theme is finished and adequately polished, it'll be easy enough to make new color combinations based on it.

So it is still being worked on?  Okay, that's all I need to hear.

At first I was like "wow this looks like shit" because I don't like things that are different, but now I'm like "okay I can deal with this" :]

But it still doesn't look as good as before, I think.  For instance, there's barely any difference between the (quick) "Post a Reply" area and the actual message field.  I think it needs a bit of tweaking.  That said, I think it should come out well if Circuitous is on it.  I trust Circuitous.

I mean, if Circuitous detail oriented  behavior :kitty: on modding is anything to go by, everything should come out just fine.

honestly, i've been staring at the new sol theme for a long time now and i think it's fine.

also, guess what? a lot of people hated the old sol theme when it was first made. i really think it's just a matter of familiarity.

also, your complaint about the tab bar at the top? the old there had the same thing!

post-1-0-91416600-1395511959_thumb.png

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

:psyduck:

ok, all old themes should be up and running. as for making new themes... i'm burnt out now, so no.

Is it at least possible to bring back the forum icons?

This is probably only me but on the Tager style and a couple of others the Dustloop logo is just "logo" and the recent posts i get, "Error: Could not load template 'recentPosts' from group 'boards' "

This is probably only me but on the Tager style and a couple of others the Dustloop logo is just "logo" and the recent posts i get, "Error: Could not load template 'recentPosts' from group 'boards' "

Same thing over here.

the logo seems to constantly get removed. i swear i've re-set the logo like 20 times over the past week or 2. maybe it has something to do with me modifying the skin? hopefully i don't have to go back in there any time soon.

The logo was there for like the first few days of the themes being put up so it's probably the former?

I dunno how forum coding works so idk lol.

Just noticed that the subforum icons are back, though it seems that they're only visible on the IP.Board, Sol, Ky and Hazama themes.