Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Well, my first impression of Dengeki, visually, didn´t like the HUD and interface of the game in general compared with UNIBEL.

Let's hope the arcade updates w/ Akira & Pai are playable (+ changing the JP text into actual one of their full name)

I was hoping for updates includes:

* More new moves, which includes DP, HC, 2x direction motions. FOr those who wants charge motion ''BMG'' them

* Some moves' props like launcher, OTG, bounce during a solo combos w/out gauge cancelling or support

* Another Dengeki series: Bacanno, Horizon, Strike the Blood. Even the supporting & villain characters from the series that officially appeared in the game like Izaya & Cyan Pile for example

* Sega guests: Sonic & Tails, Sakura Shinguji & Ichiro Oogami, Kurt Irving & Riela Marceris, Zephyr & Leanne, Toma & Cyrille, Yu Narukami & Teddie/Kuma (Atlus, due to being bought by Sega)

* Tecmo Koei joining in due to their co-op w/ Sega having Virtua Fighter's Akira & Pai and the Bryants in the 5th + also Ecole/French Bread's UNiBEL adds Type-Moon's Emlty Blood's Sion (named as Eltnum) & Subtle Style's Akatsuki Blitzkampf first name title protagonist:

** Ryu Hayabusa & Momiji

** Ayane & Hayate

** Kasumi (assist)

** Sterkenburg Cranach (playable)

* NEW Boss should be Dural or some big characters (either original or from either Sega, or Dengeki). If both, perhaps Dural is the Sub-Boss. While guests appeared as Mid Boss

Still not sure if some other series outside Dengeki that has been adapt into Dengeki or even the game that published by Sega engine (like Tales & Guilty Gear series)

Let's hope the arcade updates w/ Akira & Pai are playable (+ changing the JP text into actual one of their full name)

I was hoping for updates includes:

* More new moves, which includes DP, HC, 2x direction motions

* Some moves' props like launcher, bounce during a solo combos w/out gauge cancelling or support

* Another Dengeki series: Bacanno, Horizon, Strike the Blood. Even the supporting & villain characters from the series that officially appeared in the game like Izaya & Cyan Pile for example

* Sega guests: Sonic & Tails, Sakura Shinguji & Ichiro Oogami, Kurt Irving & Riela Marceris, Zephyr & Leanne, Toma & Cyrille, Yu Narukami & Teddie/Kuma (Atlus, due to being bought by Sega)

* Tecmo Koei joining in due to their co-op w/ Sega having Virtua Fighter's Akira & Pai and the Bryants in the 5th + also Ecole/French Bread's UNiBEL adds Type-Moon's Emlty Blood's Sion (named as Eltnum) & Subtle Style's Akatsuki Blitzkampf first name title protagonist:

** Ryu Hayabusa & Momiji

** Ayane & Hayate

** Kasumi (assist)

** Sterkenburg Cranach (playable)

* NEW Boss should be Dural or some big characters (either original or from either Sega, or Dengeki). If both, perhaps Dural is the Sub-Boss. While guests appeared as Mid Boss

Still not sure if some other series outside Dengeki that has been adapt into Dengeki or even the game that published by Sega engine (like Tales & Guilty Gear series)

I highly doubt we will see any Tecmo Koei characters in the game just because they teamed up with Sega for the Virtua Fighter collaboration in DOA5/U. At best, however, I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic and Tails appear in the game (with the latter being an assist, of course), but I mostly want to see Yukina from Strike the Blood become playable in an future update to the game.

I also helped out with videos during the first loketest + the Asuna vs. Akira video demonstrating Akira as a boss despite the difficulty the game was set to.

Is there around any other Japanese wikis that this? That's the only one I managed to find...

Anyways, what I found about the Support Characters from there.

Wilhelmina
5S - Attacks right before her. Pretty fast start-up
6S - Waits a moment and then binds the opponent.

Boogiebob
5S - Attacks a space about the size of 2~3 character... Fast start-up.
6S - Aerial unblockable. After a short wait, the move starts. After the wait, the move can no more be interrupted by hitting Boogiebob.

Maou
After hitting twice with his moves, during the third move he'll appear as Demon Maou and do a different kind of move. Count resets between rounds.

5S        Normal: Moves forward and punches the opponent
            Demon: Takes his demon form wearing only underpants and appears in the air before the player. Swings his fist                             and shoots a beam from it.

6S:      Normal: Moves forward to punch the opponent
           Demon: Appears in the same place as in 5S move. Uses his sword to slice the opponent.

Holo
5S - Her arms change into wolf-mode and slash the opponent. Fast start-up and good reach. 

Koko
- Does a blown kiss after both of her moves.
5S - Move with a fast start-up. Throws a bouquet to the opponent and does a blown kiss after that.
6S - Walks from the edge of the screen. When she meets the opponent, she slams them with a bouquet. Does a kiss after the move.

6) Round Display:

• In a 2/3 Game, has two icons. A 3/5 game will have 3. Displays a “V” for normal victory or a “T” for time over victory

You can see in this video that someone won with a Special Attack and a "S" is displayed.

http://youtu.be/k2HIwUtaXt8?t=4m48s

here's what I figured out with Misaka week1

neutral:

ground: 2AB, 5C, j.{C}

antiair: AB
    dengeki: A+C fully invincible, tons of damage, can use for grab combo

combo theory:
on the ground: stuff>AB>214AB>C>6A>Assist, etcetc
in the air: stuff>j.C>214AB>C>6A>Assist, etcetc
2 meter: whatever>railgun

if you just remember that your foundation will be fine; everything else is easy to figure out if you've played frenchbread fighters before

she doesn't have anything really godlike, just decent damage and railgun can confirm from like everything, The Shana Army™ has better matchups, easier to use

You can see in this video that someone won with a Special Attack and a "S" is displayed.

And P for Perfect. It's just as like UNI.

Here's Day 1 VS Day 7 of the Character Usage and Victory Diagram. Loli basketball for the top tier ^__^

Also, the ranking site profile editing apparently reveals that there's supposed to be some sort of secret "D-DRIVE Finish" but no one has yet to discover these moves.

And P for Perfect. It's just as like UNI.

Here's Day 1 VS Day 7 of the Character Usage and Victory Diagram. Loli basketball for the top tier ^__^

Also, the ranking site profile editing apparently reveals that there's supposed to be some sort of secret "D-DRIVE Finish" but no one has yet to discover these moves.

Wow, Kirito in the bottom, and me thinking that he its gonna be in top 3 Char. usage because all the fandom and the dual sword moves, Dengeki gonna be another waifu fighter indeed.

Wow, Kirito in the bottom, and me thinking that he its gonna be in top 3 Char. usage because all the fandom and the dual sword moves, Dengeki gonna be another waifu fighter indeed.

Notice that he is also in the top 3 most used characters. Another way to read this list is just a lot of bad players are using Kirito. Shana is considered by many to be one of if not the best character in the game and she is right down there in the victory rankings with kirito. Same thing happened with Yuzu where she is considered midtier on the ingame matchup chart yet S tier in reality.

Not sure where you got that from, especially when the post right before you explained why these ratings can't be used to judge characters' strength.

Well for one she's super underplayed I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 KYH in all the videos uploaded and she almost always get bodied by Shana/Tomoka/Asuna

Saw this list earlier on kvo2014 twitter page which needs to be translated. 

電撃FC キャラランク

S 黒雪姫、キリノ、シャナ

A キリト、バスケ、アスナ

B 静雄、美琴 こんな感じやな。バランス良いな

Saw this list earlier on kvo2014 twitter page which needs to be translated. 

電撃FC キャラランク

S 黒雪姫、キリノ、シャナ

A キリト、バスケ、アスナ

B 静雄、美琴 こんな感じやな。バランス良いな

S - Kuroyukihime, Kirino, Shana

A - Kirito, Minato Tomoka , Asuna

B - Shizuo, Misaka Mikoto 

I hope they can explain that tier list in more detail because I find it hard to believe Tomoka isn't S 

Tomoka not in S is pretty surprising to me.  Also interested to see what Kuroyukihime matches are like now.  Seems like people had trouble figuring her out early on.

KYH feels like one of those characters who require good resource management. The game already has a lot of decisions to make (you have bursts, assists, Dengeki marks and the super gauge to spend in many different ways), and then you add her modes on top of it. Back at the loketests, where no one even knew about the modes, she seemed mediocre, but as soon as the game was out and people tried Mode Red, she quickly revealed her potential for greatness. And that's not to mention that she got a few buffs along the way.

I'm not surprised about KYH, but what's so great about Kirino? I don't think I've ever seen someone use her to her full potential on stream.

edit: nvmd found it

Also yeah, I was surprised not to see Tomoka not in 3. Just the character concept in general seems like it would be very strong in this game.