Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Horo's 5S is only really useful when you have a trump gauge active so you can call it while jumping in.  Her cooldown is rather short so you can get a good amount of pressure with trump gauge active.

Her 6S has a hit on entry to you might be able to learn a combo that offers an extension from it as well as being able to get as much healing and meter gain from the first use in a round.  After the first use the rewards are diminished greatly.

A weird thing about Horo 5S is that it always will hit them in the direction she's facing but it has a hitbox behind Horo so even if you summon her facing the wrong way, if it lands, the foe will be propelled towards the direction she's facing rather than the opposite direction which is what would make sense happening in the situation.

Oh I see. She seems kinda risky lol (been using her since the beginning).

I've also been experimenting with Koko (Miyuki) and Pai (random). Are those 2 good?

EDIT: Also tried Alicia, and she's surprisingly too good with anyone D:

I personally like Kouko, not the best oki compared to Kojou's 5S. I don't have the game yet, but I want to say she's sub-par. Maybe depends character synergy. Personally I feel she's great with zoning-type characters. Neutral 6S isn't as great unless you're backed to the corner and you have to protect her unless you use her as oki. In TC mode, you can do a double jump gimmick and have her come out from the other side, but nothing really special. Reflection guard just kills her 6S as you're pushed away as well.

I personally like her with KYH. Will probably use her. Oh and also I love that the opponent loses meter from the "blow kiss" she does afterwards. Not much meter is lost, but it's still pretty nifty. I don't know about Pai though :O

3.Just HOW bad is Shizuo? I heard he's bad, but like how bad? I'm planning on maining him, so I'm interested to know what im getting myself into.

I main Shizuo. He's not necessarily a bad character but he lacks many tools that other characters have. Alot of his main moves are slow to come out and getting in may be frustrating. Though with the right assist (I personally use Dokuro as my assist), He can be pretty scary. He Just requires alot more time to spend with compared to the rest of the cast in my opinion.

Hi I just got the game yesterday and I need some good supports for Yukina and Shizuo. I'm not very good with finding what works. At the moment I use Yukina with Kojou and accelerator and I use Kino with Shizuo. If these are good supports, anyone know any good combos?

Hi I just got the game yesterday and I need some good supports for Yukina and Shizuo. I'm not very good with finding what works. At the moment I use Yukina with Kojou and accelerator and I use Kino with Shizuo. If these are good supports, anyone know any good combos?

I'll post some Shizuo/Dokuro combos for you in abit! Have to get to class first.

Kino is meh for Shizuo in my opinion but if you can manage his timing, he can do quite abit with him. Dokuro and Kino are the most used assists for Shizuo if my memory serves me right.

I'll post some Shizuo/Dokuro combos for you in abit! Have to get to class first.

Kino is meh for Shizuo in my opinion but if you can manage his timing, he can do quite abit with him. Dokuro and Kino are the most used assists for Shizuo if my memory serves me right.

Thank you, I would appreciate it ^^

Thank you, I would appreciate it ^^

No problem~ All combos using Dokuro as a assist:

5B>2C>5AB>5S>BURST(It does the burst that gains meter since the assist is doing the attack and not Shizuo canceling moves. This combo is pretty much for right at the beginning of the match so you can get  3-4 meter match start)

2A>5B>j.A>j.C>236A/B (Depends on how you want to position the opponent) 

4AB>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

j.C>5B>2C>5AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)> 41236BC

2AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236A>j.5S>5C(full charge)>42136BC

Throw>5AC (Corner only)

2AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

j.C>5B>2C>5AB>BURST>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

2AB>5S>j.B>j.C>j.236A

Some of these I'm sure I can extend (or you may find ways as well). The really short ones were really stuff I was just messing around with but it can help carry to the corner.

Don't forget in the corner Shizou can do

5A > 5B > 5C > 5AB > 236AB > Power Blast for the 2 Bar gain power up Bonuses.

236AB has pretty good untech time so even midscreen 5AB into 236AB works.

Don't forget in the corner Shizou can do

5A > 5B > 5C > 5AB > 236AB > Power Blast for the 2 Bar gain power up Bonuses.

236AB has pretty good untech time so even midscreen 5AB into 236AB works.

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that. 

Thank you for adding it!

No problem! If you ever want to set up some matches so you can practice, add me! PSN ID: SoulGuitarist1

I'll add you right now, I'm Kido-des ^^

No problem~ All combos using Dokuro as a assist:

5B>2C>5AB>5S>BURST(It does the burst that gains meter since the assist is doing the attack and not Shizuo canceling moves. This combo is pretty much for right at the beginning of the match so you can get  3-4 meter match start)

2A>5B>j.A>j.C>236A/B (Depends on how you want to position the opponent) 

4AB>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

j.C>5B>2C>5AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)> 41236BC

2AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236A>j.5S>5C(full charge)>42136BC

Throw>5AC (Corner only)

2AB>BURST CANCEL>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

j.C>5B>2C>5AB>BURST>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.236B>j.5S>5C(full charge)>41236BC

2AB>5S>j.B>j.C>j.236A

Some of these I'm sure I can extend (or you may find ways as well). The really short ones were really stuff I was just messing around with but it can help carry to the corner.

I'm having trouble with the:  j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>

How am I supposed to get 3 Jump C's in the air?

I strongly recommend notating j.BC dj.C instead, where dj= double jump

Alright. I'll keep that on mind. Thank you.

I just seen jc used as jump cancel in some threads quite commonly (For Relius Clover in BB I saw it written that way a ton but some wrote it the way you did)

Few question

Izaya assisst allow jump cancel normals to work normally on otg. What can I do with this? 

I'm not sure what type of assists suite my needs.  Right now the I've been leaning toward Celty, Izaya mostly for their fast start up and cool down. I'm using Yukina and Asuna so not sure if they complement these assists. Any suggestion?

Few question

Izaya assisst allow jump cancel normals to work normally on otg. What can I do with this?

I'm not sure what type of assists suite my needs. Right now the I've been leaning toward Celty, Izaya mostly for their fast start up and cool down. I'm using Yukina and Asuna so not sure if they complement these assists. Any suggestion?

I saw a Asuna and Izaya working together well in a couple of match vids. Though I don't really know the character that well nor the assist. From what I could tell, Izaya/Asuna combo is only good when you can make spot on reads but like I said, I lack knowledge on those two. Wish I could help more. :( but I do indeed see Asuna/Izaya effective sometimes. Celty is pretty solid for majority of the cast.

Good games to Yuki_des! The netcode is pretty bad and since we are pretty far from each other, it was likely it would lag. Lol I still had fun though. Sorry I had to go. :/

Me too man thanks! I heard rumors about the netcode, but since I've only found a couple 2 bars and not a single 3 bar these past couple of days, I am now convinced XD

http://climax.sega.jp/info_1215.html

1.30 Arcade update patch notes:

Signs added to player cards

New icons and plates added

Opening movie changed

Ending movie music changed

Round start intro bugs fixed

Akira and Selvaria now playable

Dokuro-chan, Accelerator, Izaya, Pai, Alicia assists added

Shizuo's dash motion changed (no actual change to the move properties)

Rentarou's HCF BC now ejects cartridges (no actual change to the move properties)

Kirino's char selection voice changed

Changed airdash input method to the same as 1.20 arcade's

Adjusted Alicia's ability

So basically, a whole lot of text that says "updated to console version, btw we're nerfing Alicia."

Good games, Lvl5-JeepChan. Your Miyuki is crazy good. That unblockable Trump Card setup is so annoying, lol. You also had a lot of nice overhead reads on me. And the connection was good too, so it made for enjoyable games.