Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soulerisn

Chie's Challenge #27 Help

Heyo, I just signed up here after being pointed to this site for help. If there is a proper thread for this to go into feel free to move it. I was going to put this in the character section for chie but I'm not sure if it fits or not.

*Paste from my topic on Mayonaka Midnight
Anyway, on to the problem..
So I've been kicking my way through all of chie's trials and I got to 27 today. As with all combos I break it up into smaller pieces and slowly combine them all into the full combo..

Now for those of you who don't remember her challenge 27 here is what it basically is.

stand B
2B
2AB (sweep)
Qcf X2 A (Power charge)
Stand B
Stand C
Qcf B (Rampage)
Stand B
Jump B
Additional B
Midair C
Qcf D Dragon Kick

OK so I do the combo as fast as I humanly can but no matter how hard I try, Stand B doesn't connect after rampage.. at all. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

One piece of advice I was given was to do rampage as fast as possible to get Yu higher up for the combo but If I do it any faster I think my fingers will break.

I tried looking at how Vesper did it in his videos but it didnt help much.

Just for future reference, you should post character-specific stuff like this in the appropriate character sub-forum.

Anyway sounds like your issue is the height. Rampage B will only hit 4 times if the opponent floats too high. Let him fall a little lower to the ground before doing 5B > 5C > Rampage. Or put some slight delay between those 3 hits. It also couldn't hurt to be as close as possible, so also try doing a short dash between Power Charge and 5B.

Last part that might trip you up is the j.C > Dragon Kick ender. When you jump cancel the second j.B with a FORWARD jump, there's a good chance the Dragon Kick will end up whiffing. Cancel the second j.B with a NEUTRAL jump into j.C to avoid this problem.

There's a "Demonstration" option on the pause menu during Challenge Mode that will show you exactly how it should look.

Darn I figured I should of posted there. Thanks for the heads up.

I know about the demonstration and I've been using it when trying to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong.

I'll give your advice a try and tell you how it turns out!

Edit: You were right on the money! If I delay one of the three moves after Power Charge (Either Stand B, Stand C, or Rampage) it connects perfectly. Thank you so much Mo, I'll be sure to take this into deep consideration next time I run into a problem similar to this.

Edit 2: Within minutes of posting my response I completed the trial!