Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

The color of your square online has meaning?

What do the colors on the square represent beside the user name when playing online?

Got a message about changing someone's color, but I was confused to find out that it had something to do with the player's activity or something. I thought the square was just some random thing.

What does it mean, exactly?

It really doesn't matter. Everyone online makes such a big deal about a tiny little square with a color on it. Doesn't really matter to me.

Says this yellpw up here:p lol no but really a win-lose record means so much more than the square system. Especially how crazy the square can change

It's just supposed to determine the players skill level for easier matchmaking, problem is, pink squares will often dodge other pink squares because they're scared of getting ranked down

They should let you opt out of playing a rankup battle and let you play an ACTUAL playermatch with people of your own color.

Plus what's the point of these squares if you also have Dan/Level?

I wish more people are like you Swordsman lol. People dodge me all the time because of my light blue square... I'm not THAT scrubby

They should let you opt out of playing a rankup battle and let you play an ACTUAL playermatch with people of your own color.

Plus what's the point of these squares if you also have Dan/Level?

It's obviously a way to give an idea of player level for the rather large amount of people that don't bother with ranked.

Whether it works or not is an entirely different question, but it's at least a decent baseline, just like connection indicators. Sometimes you don't get what you expected, other times you do.

Honestly, I wish ASW would just patch it out. It's pretty pointless.

Orange to Blue and now Green, now I have pink players and other colors dodging me like I'm inexperienced. For the love of god remove this color system and just keep the Dan. I don't agree on percentage because I know enough players that will make multiple profiles just to keep a 90% win ratio or quit a fight before it goes down, haven't some of you guys seen this since CT?

Orange to Blue and now Green, now I have pink players and other colors dodging me like I'm inexperienced. For the love of god remove this color system and just keep the Dan. I don't agree on percentage because I know enough players that will make multiple profiles just to keep a 90% win ratio or quit a fight before it goes down, haven't some of you guys seen this since CT?

And when you play someone roughly the same color who's genuinely not that good, he might think you're trolling on purpose with square colors to get easy wins off new players. The intention was good, but the idea of colored squares is just badly executed.

I'm colourblind. It's discrimination. Like Bullet's heat level. =[

it would work fine if people didn't dodge because of it.

best solution: you can't see your own color.

I just dislike how it turns every fight against someone of your own colour into a Ranked Match of sorts.

I just wanna practise with Amane.

Or if you could just turn off your ability to rank up or down and a white square replaced what color you were. If I was always the undetermined square I wouldn't even mind getting wrecked by 0 bars

I don't give a damn about Dan or Squares. I did in the beginning, but skill isn't decided by a color or numbers. I'll figure out how good you are when we play matches. Squares lie just as much as the connection strengths do in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't give a damn about Dan or Squares. I did in the beginning, but skill isn't decided by a color or numbers. I'll figure out how good you are when we play matches. Squares lie just as much as the connection strengths do in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well somebody woke up on the wrong side of bed.

If ArcSys is so intent on keeping this flawed color system it should be affected against all players you challenge instead of the same color orientation. A pink will forever remain pink no matter how often they lose to a blue so nothing is really at stake so if this was changed like after 3 fights the blue should be promoted to a yellow while the pink is demoted to a green. A slightly more accurate judging system because there was one moment I did care about color potential and would hunt down those of the same color for my former glory, glad I'm out of that mindset while I still encounter random players who will accept most matches and play you again as long as connection and performance were on point.

ps- Don't quit after one lost if there's a gap in skill. JP/KR (mainly JP) is notorious for this. You won't improve if you consistently run from bad match-ups or just clearly someone slightly better than you.

Yeah, I started late April and I'm a green square. I won 18 straight matches the other day against players that are possibly getting accustomed to characters or with modest experience (white) and was happy to see that they kept going at it for a while. I also lost 17 straight matches to someone clearly better than me and I was happy that they kept letting me go at it (I was winning rounds). I really enjoyed in CS days playing Wozscreamer (Uri Woz), Vice Taicho (taught me Litchi in CT), and others who are much better. I am happy to see how much many have improved over the years from modest to pretty competitive over the years-- even if I feel a bit behind relatively. 

I've always wondered what type of ranking system would people like to see. I haven't heard anyone mention a ranking system that they really like. Some prefer a rapidly sliding system while others prefer more minute, grinding changes. I do think ranks provide a general sense of skill. I haven't found pink players that are absolutely atrocious in the game. I think the main problems are that 1) Ranks generally undermine the skills of players when they first start and 2) they represent players more so in their early ability more than present ability. I know generally from CT, I was probably about 10% online my first 100-150 days (I was atrocious with Ragna) but after moving to Litchi, I was probably 50+ far afterward. I used to get annoyed when players saw that slow growing% and decide, not worth my time

I personally have the philosophy that if the connection is good, I'm down to play anyone be it me getting stomped, or stomping on them. I think playing is most fun when the opponent is slightly better anyway. 

I think the greatest aspect of the fighting community is a communal sense of educating one another, trading ideas, and everyone helping each other grow/improve. It's not something you see everyday, but it's quite similar to my early professional career as a composer. It's a fraternity of knowledge and everyone is happy to share something, critique, give advice-- something definitely to embrace. I wish many people on the outside saw that. 

I'm not that amazing. The reason why I dodge is because I am...In a way mentally weak. I do well one minute and the next minute I screw up. So I try to avoid frustrations whenever possible.

I recently turned pink but I don't think I deserve it! And I got it from a private room playing against an orange dude for 2 hours and winning most of the time, I was orange when I started playing against him in that room. I thought the color only looked at ranked matches?

I'm not that amazing. The reason why I dodge is because I am...In a way mentally weak. I do well one minute and the next minute I screw up. So I try to avoid frustrations whenever possible.

But shouldn't you keep playing even when you screw up so you reduce the chance of screwing up in the future?

I recently turned pink but I don't think I deserve it! And I got it from a private room playing against an orange dude for 2 hours and winning most of the time, I was orange when I started playing against him in that room. I thought the color only looked at ranked matches?

But shouldn't you keep playing even when you screw up so you reduce the chance of screwing up in the future?

I should. But I always feel like an idiot when I lose a match like that.

I'm learning to embrace that nobody's perfect and things happen.

I dont like it because It spoils the ability to be deceptively good at the game with a "undetermined" rank. I liked being mysterious.

I dont like it because It spoils the ability to be deceptively good at the game with a "undetermined" rank. I liked being mysterious.

Just reset the account :3