Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

The color of your square online has meaning?

I wanted to be light blue because it's a pretty color to look at, and it's BlazBLUE ( '3')

o3o silly.

Anytime you have a ranking system in online gaming it will be a problem. People will get obsessed with it and often try to manipulate it. I prefer offline or player matches where its more about skill than prestige...

I recently turned pink but I don't think I deserve it! And I got it from a private room playing against an orange dude for 2 hours and winning most of the time, I was orange when I started playing against him in that room. I thought the color only looked at ranked matches?

Next time we netplay you can farm me for pink again =p

But yes every match affects your color (as long as its against someone of the same color)

And I think its around +/- 10 to rank up or down? Tbh I find it better to just not worry about it and have fun

so i was a dark blue forever and now i turn on my console and im a light green. this is not the best invention in the world

dont knock the squares. yo could learn something from any and everyone.

The square system is pretty useless. I played Pink squares that were not very skilled then sent rage mail. I tend to flip-flop between Yellow and Orange square. I don't understand how I'll go on a 15 game win streak against people higher square than I but don't rank up. Lol

How does the square system rank up/down anyways? Seems random unless I'm missing something.

It ranks up or down only when you fight people of your own color.

If you're yellow, it doesn't matter if you win 100 times against a pink or lose 100 times against a blue. It'll only count your matches with other yellows.

The square system is pretty useless. I played Pink squares that were not very skilled then sent rage mail. I tend to flip-flop between Yellow and Orange square. I don't understand how I'll go on a 15 game win streak against people higher square than I but don't rank up. Lol

How does the square system rank up/down anyways? Seems random unless I'm missing something.

Well, you have to fight someone of the same square to rank up. If you lose against them a lot, you rank down. If you win a lot, you rank up.

It's a stupid system, I agree.

Finally have my light blue. I have to say, the fact that it's easier to get Pink than it is to get light blue speaks for the color system itself.

The question is though, did you reset to white and then work down to light blue, or did you go from pink to light blue? It should be expected that going from pink to light blue would take roughly twice as long as going from white to pink.

I could have reseted? Well, darn. That would've been a lot easier than sandbagging matches.

I think if you delete your local data, it resets(?). I'm not sure as I haven't attempted it, but I know people have done it.

I think if you delete your local data, it resets(?). I'm not sure as I haven't attempted it, but I know people have done it.

*cough cough* hellgraver21 *cough cough*

Well, you have to fight someone of the same square to rank up. If you lose against them a lot, you rank down. If you win a lot, you rank up.

It's a stupid system, I agree.

So when you hit pink square, You can lose as much as you want as long as it's not pink?

Wow. That's... Really sad. Lol

So when you hit pink square, You can lose as much as you want as long as it's not pink?

Wow. That's... Really sad. Lol

Yep.

Hence why a lot of pinks dodge other pinks and a many others have sandbagged to light blue to get away from it and play without worrying about color.

...but what if the light blues start dodging each other as to not go up in rank?....Fuck it, the system is shyt.

This is why we'll have two divisions: Dark Blue and Light Blue

This way, when a light blue becomes a dark blue, another dark blue will be there to derank them. It's the perfect plan!

I feel like this question might be related to this thread.

If I meet a player whose username is in a red font, what does it mean ?