Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Feel free to ask any questions regarding Bridget, here. :eng101: If you are asking a question, please bold your text. :eng101: If you are answering a question, please quote the question. This will make it a lot more user friendly for new players to the scene. Thanks.

snippet

Any Burst Safe / bait Ground string for Bridget?

i just cannot find any, but recentlly i tried c.s(1hit),2s,2k,c.s(1hit),f.s,2d <- i'm practicing this string haven't pull this off on real match and didn't really know if it's really worthed or not for burst bait? the follow up KSMH is impossible but the 5 set will nicelly stop on their head after the Knock down

snippet

they had one

2K 2P 2P 2P 2D

Don't laugh. This combo will knock down at a decent distance for oki and serves as a long, grueling burst bait. You need to land this just once to get a chance at something much more damaging. The 2D can be hit by bursts, but not on reaction to the hit.

quote taken from "slash bridget basics" from 722. page 1 under the b&b part

try looking around, most basic strings are posted around.

and burst safe combos are things that don't use Dust in the middle of the combo.

here's my basic combo i use to hurt people, and they usually will get used to knowing that it hurts and leads into B&B combos; if bridget is carrying enough tension for an RC or FRC of course.

P>K>c.S(1)>f.S>2D(FRC)>KSMH

good for baiting a burst out because they KNOW that it may lead into a B&B combo and if you want to frc the 2D you can

but it's not necessary, the ksmh will only combo into something if it hits BEFORE they hit the ground, in which you should hold 6 when your skidding at them with KSMH, otherwise it's just a knockdown and you can't follow up with much, K out of the KSMH on a failed float may or may not be a good idea to reposition your self depending on the situation and FRCing the KSMH to cover bad spacing might be required if your position really is that bad.

follow this with either of these if you sucessfully float the KSMH

P to knockdown and free yoyo set, and good for starting okizeme

K to get behind opponent, away from opponent, but not good for okizeme.

K>j.RC>j.P>j.P>j.S>j.2S>starship (B&B)

RC>6S>JC>j.S>j.2S>j.S>j.2S>starship (B&B)

they might try to burst out of the K>j.RC or the RC parts if they were patient, so you may want to just knock them down with the P version and you'll be in a good postion for okizeme.

another way is to have your yoyo set behind the opponent do and do p>p>2D or 2p>2p>2D, FRC the 2D, and pull your yoyo back, then 6S which will knock them up into the air for a good B&B, but you can actually just sit there and not go for the B&B, because with them in the air in that position they might "jump the gun" and burst in reaction to your 6S, very high above and away from you, and while they fall you can THEN do the B&B combo.

which may go like

(yoyo set behind opponent)

2p>2p>2D>FRC>HS>6S>burst baited>9>j.S>j.2S>j.S>j.2S>starship

or p>p>2D>FRC>HS>6S>burst baited>9>j.S>j.2S>j.S>j.2S>starship

a yoyo combo may easily be the best way to bait them into a burst, because if they see the combo ending, but then they see the yoyo come out and hit them they may think that your gonna continue the combo with the yoyo's hit, and just burst, but if you can expect them to burst then you can just end the combo with the yoyo hitting them or 6S from the yoyo hit. just staying away from them with a yoyo hit AFTER a combo will bait the burst.

(mind games help baiting alot btw so try to get in their heads: give the idea that you can EAT them alive with combos, give them FEAR of your combos and they will start freaking out when they are in one,which results in a bad burst use)

well thats about all i have to say about that (lol forrest gump quote)

just try experimenting with a basic combo and a burst safe combo will come naturally.

also try checking out the combo vids, or stick around in the slash bridget basics thread.

you don't have to make a whole new thread for a question you know? just ask in the basics area for characters if your confused or need help. if it sounds like i'm scolding you or something i'm really not, it's just how my tone sounds when i try to explain stuff, iv'e been told of this lol.

snippet

1st strings 2k,2p,2p,2p,2d:

very good string with the FDC on every attack but the last one, the weakness is lame damage, my oponent would barelly want to burst out this string, but they will if i follow up with Oki and that will almost likely hit me +_+(only good to use when i need very little hit to kill -_-")

2nd strings P>K>c.S(1)>f.S>2D(FRC)>KSMH : very painful if all the strings connect BUT because my oponent knows it hurt they burst me out at f.s ... +_+ 1 question can i fdc the c.s? the f.s can't be fdc'ed and i'll eat the burst -_-"

the reason i make the new thread for this is, reading all that Bridget basic may explode my brains out for the number of pages it has +_+, that's why i make new thread for specific question...

and again because i play v 6 other player frequentlly, we got quite solid match up / mind games that come real pain in the neck... simple pokes will not make them burst... so far the best time to burst out my Bridget is on Oki pressure and that painfull B&B

why on Oki? -> i need to keep them between Bri and the yoyo that's why i oftenly need to melee them out if not, they'll try to escape and here we go again with Zoning play -_-"

i really need strong ground strings but burst safe (like Jam... after using her a while i realize how important Burst baiting)if it's any... if there's not i'll bear with it and play lot more carefully

2K~2P~2P~etc. works, I use it. But mostly just the FIRST combo. If their not going to burst the first combo then they'll burst later, at a more obvious time as well =P.

The second combo I usually do

5K~c.S(1)~c.S(2)~KSMH~P.

Everything but the KSMH is burst safe, it's just trickier to j.c then flash guard the c.S(#'s).

* Burst bait. Just don't do it so much that you nerf what small damage she gets anyways.

Second point.

If they have a Burst during your UB's.

* Use 5P~6S~B&B instead of 2S~6S~B&B

Carry on.

another question... can i connect B&B from Starship FRC on slash? i think i've pulled starship frc, 6p... on XX and it didn't work on #reload so that i've never use it again -_-" and most of the time use tked ver getting the frc timming of starship is being a pain in the ass latelly +_+

your opponent can recover before the 6S connects in the starship frc 6s.

Wrong :eng101:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can i connect B&B from Starship FRC on slash?

There are 4 damage maximizing followups to Starship FRC that have beat.

1) Enemy has Burst and w/ yo yo set

Starship~FRC~j.P(~j.P*)~j.S~214+K~j.2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S~214+K~j.S

* Second j.P is Char specific.

2) Enemy has Burst and w/out yo yo set.

Starship~FRC~j.P~j.2S~jc~j.S~j.2S~(HSS_ || Starship)

3) Enemy w/out Burst and w/ yo yo set

Starship~FRC~6S~j.S~j.2S~214+K~j.2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S~214+K~J.S~(HSS_)

4) Enemy w/out Burst and w/out yo yo set

Starship~FRC~6S~j.S~j.2S~jc~j.S~j.2S~(HSS_ || Starship)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad to see this thread getting attention. Keep em coming. =]

i'll try that, and another noob question... how do i put JI on KSMH_k?

Technically there's 3 ways

1) The "Kara" approach

Take any jump cancelable standing normal. I prefer c.S(1), jump cancel it, then before your Bridget jumps gatlin cancel into another normal. Just like kara the types of cancels have priority. You activate the jump cancel for the crouching frame of jumping (before leaving the ground) Which will tell the game engine that: YES you have left the ground and therefore can perform an AD or double jump. Even once you beat into a special move (KSMH) that doesn't tell the engine: YES you left the ground. Then the gatlin cancel has more priority then jump cancel because your still "crouching" on the ground and your in the middle of a combo w/ beat ( I guess) So it'll activate the gatlin cancel even though it already started the jump cancel.

input:

c.S(1)~jc{ with 7 , 8 , or 9}~ 6P~c.S(1)~KSMH~K~RC~ ( double jump | air dash | etc.)

2) Tiger knee approach ( My drink of choice)

When you are jumping there's still like 2-3 frames of crouching before you leave the ground. In these frames if you perform any special that places you aerial you will have triggered the bool value inside the engine that says: YES you can double jump or air dash. Because you stared to jump. Same way as before really except your gatlining to a special(KSMH) instead of a normal(6P). For this method you don't even kneed to gatlin into and normals before. In theory you can punish ( I don't know why you would it's less damage) with 2369+K~K from a standing position.

input:

c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~2369+ K (Tiger knee'd KSMH)~K~RC~( double jump | air dash| etc.)

3) If you beat into a KSMH from a while landing combo that doesn't use your double jump or air dash within that initial jump.

input: running jump, fall, deep j.S~c.S(1)~KSMH~K~RC~( double jump | air dash | etc.)

this is similar to I-no auto JI HCL right?

If your referring to the auto JI from her dash then yes.

Try the tiger knee, seriously I find it the easiest. Same combo just instead of doing 236+K you do 2369+K, no biggie. Good luck.

lol after a week trying to re-verify my email adress i can finally post something. . .

i have a request now, yay. i need more starship combos.

right now i just go starship(3)>FRC>9>j.2S>j.S>starship

but it leaves tons of room for the opponent to tech out, so otherwise i would go (w/ yoyo set)

starship(4)>RC>HS>9>j.S>j.2S>j.S>j.2S>[starship] optional

or if i have 75% tension i go

starship(3)>FRC>tragedy>dash toward>9>j.S>j.2S>j.S>j.2S>starship

none of these are very good, save maybe the second one, but they only work on a lucky hit, if i can get really close to the opponent or if i CH using the starship invinciblity frames.

i basically have not very much to go with out of a starship and need anything to turn the tables on a starship CH.

i worked out the timing on the "starship>FRC>tragedy" very well after seeing it done in a CV.

and me being a really stupid bridget player when i'm going against my friends i like to spam tragedy, alot. this has gotten me killed a few times but seeing them writhe when that yoyo comes exploding in their face on a starship CH is usually worth it.

gah i come out sounding like such a noob when i post crap, i'm gonna crash for tonight.

hot pockets don't do justice to a hungry person, you want food to be tasted after being cooked to perfection, not have a tongue burnt to hell after following directions written on the packaging. in the end i never got to taste the hell pocket.

-my friend after a mircowave disaster at his house. lol

i have a request now, yay. i need more starship combos.

There are 4 damage maximizing followups to Starship FRC that have beat.

1) Enemy has Burst and w/ yo yo set

Starship~FRC~j.P(~j.P*)~j.S~214+K~j.2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S~214+K~j.S

* Second j.P is Char specific.

2) Enemy has Burst and w/out yo yo set.

Starship~FRC~j.P~j.2S~jc~j.S~j.2S~(HSS_ || Starship)

3) Enemy w/out Burst and w/ yo yo set

Starship~FRC~6S~j.S~j.2S~214+K~j.2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S~214+K~J.S~(HSS_)

4) Enemy w/out Burst and w/out yo yo set

Starship~FRC~6S~j.S~j.2S~jc~j.S~j.2S~(HSS_ || Starship)

I am quoting myself with absolutely no sarcasm intended. I'm glad to see people trying to maximize damage :thumbu:

i worked out the timing on the "starship>FRC>tragedy" very well after seeing it done in a CV.

and me being a really stupid bridget player when i'm going against my friends i like to spam tragedy, alot. this has gotten me killed a few times but seeing them writhe when that yoyo comes exploding in their face on a starship CH is usually worth it.

Posted Image

really? hmm I always miss it during training mode when I have recovery on. I guess I might be doing something wrong.

You're probably holding the 6 from Starship's last directional input so I recommend letting it go neutral and cancel by pressing pks > 6.s (inputted as fast as you possibly can)

Rolling Idou FDC has how many vulnerable frames? less than 5 pwwwease? *hopes*

Can you duck slayers J.hs? (forcefield hand bullshiet/hit box 1000 times bigger than what it seems) Not a deep J.hs because thats just plain obvious....

Best move to use against slayers 6.hs "standing"?

Sorry I have serious slayer issues (playing #r and if any of you had this match up you'd know what it feels like)

Any 6hs in the air means dizzy/VERY close to dizzy state for you :vbang:

Any 6hs CH on the ground means 40%-50%~~ average damage

Invulnerable mappa punch has lame written all over it.

Any round i've ever won against a good slayer is because I didn't get hit at all.

You're probably holding the 6 from Starship's last directional input so I recommend letting it go neutral and cancel by pressing pks > 6.s (inputted as fast as you possibly can)

Did you mean 3? But yeah I wait to hit 6 until I know I'm going for the FRC too.

Rolling Idou FDC has how many vulnerable frames? less than 5 pwwwease? *hopes*

I don't know exact numbers but it has to have less startup than Bridget's jump, or else dash splitting wouldn't help any for the IAD loop combos. I think it can be FDCed from frame one, and if not I feel kind of stupid as I'll do reversal roll to get out of situations where I know the other guy wants to go low and isn't likely to get a frame-perfect meaty.

Can you duck slayers J.hs? (forcefield hand bullshiet/hit box 1000 times bigger than what it seems) Not a deep J.hs because thats just plain obvious....

I wish. Backdash (careful that you're doing this so that you avoid the j.H altogether; if you're too close and/or do this too early, you'll just get hit out of the air and potentially give him a free combo), starship or just block. 90% of it is staying out of a position where he can set up j.H on you, but I'm sure you already know that.

Best move to use against slayers 6.hs "standing"?

No comment here but I don't think it actually beats many of Bridget's pokes? You may be reflexing too slowly or trying to move when he's already got frame advantage. I haven't played a Slayer who pokes with 6H lately so I don't really have any good advice, sorry :/

playing #r

Ouch.

After a throw what should I be doing because usually I go 6 set > back dash > f.s meaty > roll + recall + airdash (done really fast) > land > throw/ j.p > j.2s > land > c.s/ land > 2k

Or the risky one which my friend learned and is able to punish me easily for

J.2hs > recall/razor meaty > land > 6k/2k > knockdown/BnB/throw.

Can I improve on that? Can you give me other oki set ups off throws?

After a throw what should I be doing because usually I go 6 set > back dash > f.s meaty > roll + recall + airdash (done really fast) > land > throw/ j.p > j.2s > land > c.s/ land > 2k

Throw oki is kind of bad. If I have a yo-yo set I'll 3K and try some rolling crap and if I don't I'll use j.D as a crossup. Sometimes I just stand there and blatantly Starship because Bridget's throw leaves him in throw range. I usually take throws as a chance to reset and get away. BTW, you'll get eaten for free if you try Oki f.S against anyone with a shoryu. If I'm fighting one of those characters I'll otg 2K them so they can't shoryu me. (Thanks //Jais ;) )

I'm really scared to react when i see slayers 6hs because if I stuff the reversal I've just handed him the round.

But 2d can counter 6hs until some of the very last frames at the very end :yaaay: (but u trade counter hits)

Poke Slayer w/ 3P, jesus you'll eat a CH 2HS if you poke w/ anything else.

You can also j.P his foot during 6HS on reaction.

I seem to be winning more matches if I use MAMKM off a 2d knockdown rather than going into the BnB... man do I hate OD's but I guess if I win more I might as well do it.

It's all relative to whom you play with. If your crew let's you run them down w/ Aegis than it's safe to say it's just the level of play in your crew.

And I seriously hate using ksmh as a knockdown because regardless of what the frame data says 2d > KSMH and 2d is dead easy to combo into and leaves the opponent in a far better position to be oki'd (well for the ones I use hehe).

That's all your preference, I personally feel set-ups and damage are stronger, more reliable and less jumpable off of KSMH. Especially the HSS_4 mix-ups. "Meaty" 5K is easier to tag after a backset from KSMH. You have to run at them to gain the ground lost so it makes Shoryu baiting easier. Instead of standing there picking your ass. I'll agree w/ you that 2D might be easier. I just feel KSMH is tighter and therefore more threatening.

Your crew can jump the hell out of your throw set-ups. Learn to 1F jump and jump their weak set-ups then piss them off. It'll help your whole crew get better.

Conceptual Throw Oki ( I hate that word, I played Tekken before I was shown GG and in the Tekken Universe it basically means OTG)

Buri's throw is ASS in Slash. You have only a couple options if there's no yo yo out.

-Escape-

backdash

IABD

GTFO

-Pressure-

Meaty's I prefer a properly spaced 5K. jp so a 2P

-Throw Bait-

Cross-up j.D

2P whiff Starship

HSS_4 jump,

HSS_4 starship

-Set-ups-

There's basically no yo-yo set-ups after his throw. By the time you set one all you can do is Starship (a throw bait) or backdash. There's just not enough frames for meaty unthrowable normals.

-OTG-

2K [only works on a CH throw] aka (Cranked guard meter)

BTW, you'll get eaten for free if you try Oki f.S against anyone with a shoryu. If I'm fighting one of those characters I'll otg 2K them so they can't shoryu me. (Thanks //Jais ;) )

Running 2K~HSS_# after a KSMH FTW

-Good luck =D

I'm actually really going to miss Bridget's throw in Accent-Core, I don't think it's that bad in Slash. Although I guess there's no disputing the superiority of risk-free okizeme in AC :P After a throw I generally: Hold 4 throughout the entire throw's duration. No reason not to backwalk as soon as possible. When halfway outside of throw range, 5P FDC. Now from just outside of throw range, either 2K or walk forward throw. Bridget has more throw range than average I think, but at any rate let's say they reversal throw you; probably not too dangerous since you now have 5P glitch. I know it doesn't sound good, but it works -- it's just it's kind of easy for you to make a minor mistake when timing or distancing the 2K and you'll get hit by any of the nonsense that people tend to mash on after Bridget's throw. Also, if your timing is accurate, the opponent doesn't get a free throw for 4set so you can do stuff like 4set Starship and you're fine (well, assuming you had meter to FRC). I know "and then you have 5P glitch so even if you guess wrong you might be OK" is stupid for obvious reasons and everything but eh I mean it's Bridget's throw so take what you can get.

3p before the butt is fully extended wont get eaten alive by slayer right? I mean I dont wanna be giving him any more matches for free.

Man I had a go at slash and woah f.s and hs 6 got owned bad. Thats enough there to make me wanna quit.

And err your crew can block strings using mamkm of 2k 2k 2k 6k O.o or do they use DA? or throw you?

Poke Slayer w/ 3P, jesus you'll eat a CH 2HS if you poke w/ anything else.

You can also j.P his foot during 6HS on reaction.

err i use 2d v Slayer 2hs, well timed 2d will whiff and punish Slayer 2hs

And err your crew can block strings using mamkm of 2k 2k 2k 6k O.o or do they use DA? or throw you?

It's no big deal really, 2K doesn't gatlin into itself. and 6K is slow like fuck. Given any group of constant casual players: Friends can guard damn near everything in a pressure string especially if it's only A(6K)[sLOW], B(5D)[sLOW] or C(low)AUTOPILOT.

Plus I live w/ half my crew.

Andrew, I don't use that glitch at all =P

Sign in to follow this