Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Wtf was the first hit of 6k removed in slash?

yea it was removed, good thing is it's still an overhead.

another thing they did is that 6K's one hit does 40, where in #R it did 2 hits for 20 each (you would get less than 40 if you hit with both because of guardguage, but that was barely noticable). which is good, i think. . .

wait a second. . . .

yea, it's definately a good thing.

ooh MAMKM stuff. i rarely use ODs, they just seem so easy to see coming, only frame data would help me use them more "this is your que to give me OD frame data"

i want more stuff on tragedy next, lol. "just kidding, you don't have to"

don't mind the quotation marks just floating there. *whistle*

"sorry, i'm just playing with text now lol"

Nephi are you saying the first hit getting removed was good?

After seeing ruu SJI 5p I call hax... how is that possible?

Nephi are you saying the first hit getting removed was good? And yes like you sometimes I mistake Millia's D for 2hs and the same with Venom's Hs and D. But Millia's mostly do 6k right? Because its looks like it has low invulnerability and u might not be able to throw it (not too sure... I don't play against Millia's period).

Millia's 6K is throw-vulnerable, but don't try if the Millia player is any good because you aren't in range.

6K being a one-hit move at least makes comboing into Roger Rush afterward easier, although I don't think you're very likely to actually hit anyone with that.

#r 6k > j.k (J.k screams ANTI AIR ME PLEASE).

The situation blitz is describing is completely safe from anti-airs because the opponent is in blockstun. I agree that it's probably the hardest MAMKM mixup to block, although low airdash/land low is not particularly easy either and has the advantage of both options setting up in-close pressure if Bridget guessed wrong. I think it's a matter of preference.

About jumping, Bridget's j.K actually is by far his best jump-in and it's not bad at all to look for it as a whiff punisher -- i.e, you jumped at the same time they did whatever move, and now by the time they recover they don't have the time to anti-air it. Consistently comboing after it is sort of tricky, but it makes you a whole hell of a lot scarier if you're good at it.

how is that possible?

hax.

questions:

1)best way to beat millia's hair-sword-slide thing?

I can butt attack her out of it, or jump away from it but it's actually a little harder to do anything when it's FRCd, into one of millia's air combos.

2)whats the best way to combo from a butt attack?

2)whats the best way to beat millia's hair-sword-slide thing?

Nephi: From what range is she using this? If 2d/3p doesn't win then your better of jumping and throwing out that move? To let you know why I spam MAMKM is because it presents a dangerous mix up that is extremely hard to see and leads to the BnB that we all want to land + the invulnerable time and the fact that its not a super hadouken.

You'd really hate Ken players on 3s.

Enlighten me as to where tension should be spent other than whiffed star ships since it is the only thing that I ever use outside of rcing for the BnB.

And for Butt CH I personally use dashing 2k to follow it up. You could do a 7/4 set into a dashing combo I assume?

CV I once saw for used a setup for roger jet that included 2d knockdown frc.

Does this give you more frame advantage than KSMH p or is this just fancy game play?

dunno... i've never try it on Slash XD, like 722 said the yoyo setup is pretty hard to catch and Synchronize would be pain in the neck XD... and in ^C it might probably work again with FB ver (imho)

about Bri V Iron Saviour -> never met any good Millia player on my place but if i were against IS, i prefer evasive maneuver iad backward / 7 and hss_3, but on Rush Down i'll trust my life on Starship (that IS(frc),k... is a big pain in the neck) :3

from Butt on counter i think normal B&B would work :D

3p,66c.s(1),6p,c.s(1),2d(frc),5k,6s....

2)whats the best way to beat millia's hair-sword-slide thing?

About Millia's haircar, if you want to punish it directly she's in counterhit state while the move is active so you can punish it with 3P or all sorts of jumping moves depending on the situation. But if a Millia player is poking with that, you might as well just jump over it and airdash after her. Bam, she's cornered herself. Go to town.

CV I once saw for used a setup for roger jet that included 2d knockdown frc. Does this give you more frame advantage than KSMH p or is this just fancy game play?

Sorry, my mind just recovered from being completely blown and I can answer this now since no one else did. Yes, this gives you more frame advantage than KSMH P.

if you get a CH butt, there are actually quite a few damaging or useful options, especially on taller characters...

(note: {} denotes "situational" or "optional")

on tall characters:

3P(CH) -> yoyo set6, {2P-}S(f){-6S} -> yoyo return, iad.K-S-2S, land, S© -> 236K~P

on anyone:

3P(CH) -> yoyo set6, S(f) -> yoyo return (may have to buffer slightly depending on the distance), dash 2K/5K-S©(2) -> 236K~P

3P(CH) -> set 6, yoyo return, dash 2K-S©-6P-S© -> 236K~P

3P(CH) -> yoyo set3, {2P/S(f)-}2D, easy roger rush oki

3P(CH) -> yoyo set7, {2P/S(f)-}2D, easy roger get setup

with the yoyo already in the end of a set3 position; in the corner:

(well, any dash splitting loves this situation)

3P(CH) -> HSB, S(f)-6S -> iad(HSR).{S-}2S, land, S© -> 236K~P

3P(CH) -> HSB, S(f)-6S -> 236(HSR)K~P

on tall:

3P(CH) -> roll -> {K-}j.S-2S, land, {S©-}S(f)-6S -> yoyo return, iad.K-S-2S, land, S© -> 236K~P

3P(CH) -> roll -> early j.2S -> yoyo return, ad.K-P-2S, land, S© -> 236K~P

if they have some guard gauge built up:

3P(CH) -> roger rush, S(f)-6S -> iad.K-S-2S, land, 2D -> maintenance super -> aircombo

=O oh snap!

against airborne opponents:

3P(CH) -> set6, S(f){-6S} -> yoyo return, dash {6S ->}j.{K-}S-2S -> dj.S-2S

(though sometimes SJI options are best, depending on the situation)

just a ton of options, really... especially in slash.

3P destroying lots o moves o.O:

testament's 2H, venom 2S, may 3K (after blocking it), anji 2S, ky 236K, eddie 2S, etc...

abou MAMKM:

you aren't spamming it, you are using it to create a situation where you can break their guard and get damage and a good knockdown in the corner out of it. And trust me, it's VERY effective, especially since the little characters next to the life bar are only faces, our mixups while behind the shroud are almost completely invisible. It is SO effective, that sometimes you DO drop whatever you are doing and just gatling into the super when you notice you have the tension and the yoyo is right on them. It's also really good at racking up the damage if they have a bit of gaurd gauge built up (though maintenance super is better for this purpose on ease of use alone). There are ways to maximize damage off of a MAMKM super without losing knockdown...

Once it connects, iad.2S, land, iad.2S. This also helps push them to the corner. Depending on how much of the super is left, you can add S before any of those 2S's, or 6S before any iad's. If you see a fall off, like it's going to drop them and end up otging them, you can 236K~delayK to keep them in the air till you and the super hit the corner, or in some cases get the super to pick them up and go the other way by switching sides quickly with a 236K (no followup). 236K~K can also be used to add damage (the K followup is what, 50 damage?) during MAMKM as well, so you can things on an opponent caught in a low MAMKM with S(f)-2S-6S -> 236K(whiff)~K or just S(f)-6S -> iad.2S, land, 6S -> 236K~K

Remember that MAMKM will still knock down from a fair height, so if you use hits like this, it might afford you enough time to get a yoyo out after it's gone for an unblockable.

oh, and one more thing:

2D -> FRC, 5K-6S is just more efficient than the 2D -> 236K -> RC, 6S setup. When the aircombo did massive damage back in XX, you wanted to do the BnB and forego knockdown (since you could just take out a HUGE chunk of life with one aircombo, your tactics could be broadened to include less damaging or momentum driven results, like random TK starships and set -> pull's). In #R this was less so, and in slash, even less. In slash, it's a very careful economy. So if you can put them at a sliver of life, would you rather pay 25% or 50%? because either way, the difference in damage isn't big enough to matter like it used to. And it works on everyone(granted some character specifics), so it IS a good option.

So its viable mix up going f.s | 2s > 2k (whiff) then just blatantly stop instead of f.s > hs to avoid getting hit by the car?

722:

I've just begun to use j.k for the rare jump-ins that I perform and while it has its great advantages... this being great angle, jump cancel-able, quick startup (whats the recovery time ? I cant remember) and can be used early to then descend to jc | FD an AA/shoyru attempt Or throw out another J.k!

A problem is the range and after I land a blocked j.k what are some of the safer pressures from that for both with and without yo yo if you can spare the time.

So its viable mix up going f.s | 2s > 2k (whiff) then just blatantly stop instead of f.s > hs to avoid getting hit by the car?

:eng101: Wonderful Valid Q & A post.

722:

I've just begun to use j.k for the rare jump-ins that I perform and while it has its great advantages... this being great angle, jump cancel-able, quick startup (whats the recovery time ? I cant remember) and can be used early to then descend to jc | FD an AA/shoyru attempt Or throw out another J.k!

A problem is the range and after I land a blocked j.k what are some of the safer pressures from that for both with and without yo yo if you can spare the time.

Again I love these questions. <3

Alcyon one: Take the flaming back to the Sol thread. If we didn't care/know who 722 is then we would not be asking him questions on how to improve our Bridget game play. I'm sure what your saying is just a joke but I've seen so many sites go down this road.

:eng101: This I don't approve of. would you please keep this in a PM. The downside is: This should be somewhere where if a beginner is coming to read this thread they won't have to sift through Bridgetless Q&Aless srk.com drama.

Nephi: Who isn't a bad match up or is stacked greatly in Bridget's favour in your experience? FD vs Ino since it makes the match far easier for little tension spent. Yes, I dabble with Ino and know this from some matches in my experiences.

:eng101: This should go in the Match ups thread.

I'm not calling you out specifically feri, your post is just the most recent.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ FIRST POST AGAIN, Thanks. =D

Thanks for cleaning up.

Yeah, that's actually one of the best ways to deal with it. Another thing, though, canceling into the forward yo-yo set for any reason is kinda pushing it because it's a lot slower than the backwards yo-yo set; I'm not saying you should never cancel into the forward yo-yo set but it's not something you want to do very often and poking again after you do it is also very risky. Also, you might want to randomly cancel your blockstrings into KSMH-P every once in a while so that just the tip of the P followup hits when you think the other guy's going to do something... or you might not, since doing this too much is easily my worst habit. :P

722:

We're getting into opinion country here so hopefully some of the other experienced Bridget players can answer too (but I think Jais said once he never really jumps in with Bridget, which is perfectly acceptable strategy, and I don't know if blitz does either...) but here's how I look at it: since your jump-in string is two jabs (j.K, wait, j.P) you don't really have enough blockstun to work with and the only safe option is boring old reliable, 2K 2P or 2K 5S©. But this is actually one of the situations where people are kinda going to have predictable responses you can work with.

A lot of players are spazzes, see such a strange-looking low-blockstun jump-in as probably a mistake and are going to try to reversal throw when you land. So if you 2K and it hits them, they're going to think "oh I was wrong I guess I'd better do the safe thing and block" and you have options to work with here that aren't just gatling into 2P and look for sweep every time. I think 4set after a 2K that you know is going to hit someone out of whatever they were thinking and get them back into down/back is pretty good, but obviously it isn't safe; setting the yo-yo right in someone's face like that never is. So you've also got options like 2K then walk forward throw or 2K, let it recover, then 5P against characters who can't duck it... but this is where we get into mushy metaphysical territory and it's really hard to actually discuss this sort of strategy in concrete terms.

The effect the yo-yo has on all of this depends completely on the position of the yo-yo in the first place. If it's behind them (and if it is, jumping in without using the yo-yo to protect yourself and set up the shenaniganny "land at your feet and go low" mixup probably isn't the best idea anyway), you can do some sort of roll-in string -- maybe not after the j.P if the character has a really fast hardslash, but then I always assume people are mashing on throw when I play so maybe that's just me -- or do something like 5S©(1) HSB, 5K 6K|2D, HSR, combo or pressure accordingly. If it's behind you, the best thing is probably to do a long blockstring, push the other guy out and get the yo-yo back.

I don't feel like that was really all that useful an answer... so if you have questions about any of it, please feel free.

722: Thanks. I'll begin to work on some of that.

Must you space to land at 2k range to not get thrown? I thought they could just grab you in the landing frame(s)?

When do you roger hug, if ever?

Should you succeed in hugging, what should you be aiming for?

Jais: Sure! I'll make sure questions/opinions of that nature end up in the dedicated thread.

Must you space to land at 2k range to not get thrown? I thought they could just grab you in the landing frame(s)?

When do you roger hug, if ever?

Should you succeed in hugging, what should you be aiming for?

1. If you have a hitbox within throw range on the first frame they can throw while waking up, they definitely can do so. Being mindful of spacing is not just a correct vs. incorrect thing though, it's an overall refining of your playstyle. when doing a jump in though, you are not restricted to ONE friggin move. You can gatling p-k-p-k... and land into a move without the opponent ever leaving blockstun. You can also use it against them, like doing enough blockstun to be safe on landing, and then punishing them for mashing on throw or whatever incase they were. There is also the matter of pushback, which IB decreases, and FD increases. If you are (well)out of throw range when you land, the opponent is less likely to be spamming throw, so that is a great opportunity to get tick throw in, and likewise, a yoyo set. Sometimes i'd do some rolling type stuff with safe double jump lockdown, and land out of throw range, set4/7, 3P, and then go to town if they fell for it. Also a good point to bait stuff, as they feel an imperative to punish you when they see you got away with that yoyo set.

2. roger hug is something you CAN do as a follow up to a blockstring that would otherwise have a dead end. People try and get away from it, so it actually has the effect of HERDING the opponent in whichever way you want depending on where the yoyo is placed when you execute roger hug. It's also something that can mess with characters whose goal is keep away, like faust or axl (mind your spacing!).

3. after hugging, any whiffed move on their part makes them lose life or be put on defense (yoyo return, roger rush, MAMKM), so it makes people cautious when they are low on life (if they aren't... just show them why they should be). You can also use rolling in interesting ways and get in from angles with timings they might have trouble dealing with, character wise. If they make large mistakes (like going into a move with huge start up, or whiffing a move with huge recovery), you can roger rush for damage and knockdown in the corner... from any distance. Certain actions can trap them into blocking one roger/yoyo move or the other as well, which puts you at advantage. plus, it's hard for some characters to jump out of a cancel into rush/MAMKM from a normal like S(f) or 6S. Sometimes I'll nail them with a 6S(CH) into roger rush or super (for a combo or airthrow reset opportunity) after the hug catches them in air and they tech (which will be great in ac, since you can do the string -> HSB, 6S trick and cancel the HSR into roger rush for an aircombo or airthrow reset). It's a tool of annoyance and reach, and is really key in some matches where the opponent can keep you out and get in on you on his own terms (as it can stifle that sort of gameplan).

SJI the 6S, what method does everybody else use?

I use 6S~8[JI]~(2~9)[sJ]

But here recently I've been doing 6HS~6~9[JI]~8~7~4~1~2~3~6~9[sJ].

I get it, just not as consistent as 8~2~9, although it does feel so much better.

My new thing is 6S95 29.

Spaced out to indicate where the pause is.

if I'm doing 5K-6S, I'll do it 5K-896S 29

I'm kicking this glitches ass =P

The last thing I have to do is Activate it from a normal ( via gatlin). Which is fine...kina... I can buffer a yo yo and gatlin f.s~6S~(23 HSR)~HS. a 4 part combo that hits far slash , forward slash, callback and Roger hug ( w/out beat but glitch a go go) etc. I can even have a yo yo buffered and gatlin into the HSR~HSB (1 frame) the yo yo will then do it's inch forward and re-buffer from my gatlin, BUT it doesn't have any hit collision.

Has anybody figured out how to HSB, gatlin into the HS then re buffer and have the call back hit the opponent before it rebuffers?

Has anybody figured out how to HSB, gatlin into the HS then re buffer and have the call back hit the opponent before it rebuffers?

Jais, I was messing around with that tonight and could only get a release into re-buffer that hit on two occasions. Hellmonkey was saying it's a 1-3 frame window. I'm thinking it has to have to do with which frame you hit HS on... Maybe you have to release the yo-yo immediatly after you re-buffer it. I was getting a strange sound where Bridget would stutter saying "Come back" and it would sound like "Co-Come Back." That might be why in the video you pretty much only hear Bridget say "Co-Co-Co."

That's my theory...

I'll work on it more tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy.

Anyone else have any ideas?

After much practicing today.

I've got this.

I can now do HSB, f.S~(HSR,HSB), f.S~6S~IAD, HSR, j.K~j.P~j.S~j.K, land c.S(1)~ KSMH~P

Mac, your exactly right. From that I've deduced: It must be done on frame 3. :thumbu:

My only problem with this combo is I have a tendency to do the bug a frame to fast (frame 1 or 2) , where the "call back" doesn't hit the opponent it just inches forward.

Mac, your exactly right. From that I've deduced: It must be done on frame 3. :thumbu:

I'm glad my drunken practice and video study was of assistance to American Bridget.

:P

yeah, i was freaking out not being able to get the HSR -> HSB to hit the first day I got ac, and got pissed when kumiho said you (jais) said it was easy =P But after that, me and hellmonkey dissected it... and managed to figure out the exact things that need to happen. You need to HSR -> HSB 1 to 3? frames after the first frame of collision during another moves hitstun. That's all it is. Knowing that, you could do this on any normal, special, or super, as long as you time it right. Also, if you use the HSR -> HSB and buffer the roll, you can get a DP safe Oki into the Rebuffer lockdown.

How many reps of close S into recall are you guys getting? This is so hard.

5 so far for me...

it IS hard. You aren't imagining things.

Sign in to follow this