Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaikaShizune

Hazama newb CP combo question

I've recently picked up ChronoPhantasma (only like half a year late to the bandwagon) and, seeing as I mained Hazama in Continuum Shift, I figured I would try my hand at him in CP. I'm fairly green so I go into training mode with the eagerness to practice, practice, practice combos. I take a look at all things dustloop - forums, wiki etc - and I see this basic combo string and other combo strings like it everywhere;

5B > 3C > 214D~B xx dash 5A > 5C > j.C x 4 > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C x5 > j.214B

I only get as far as the 214D~B. Yes, I'm using Serpent's Redemption to give myself forward momentum immediately before I execute Rising Fang. But then afterwards, I find that it's at least six years of recovery until I can either 5A, dash forward or - hell - do just about anything else. And my opponent always wakes up before I can land a hit on them.

I've tried mashing the buttons to get as instant a response as possible but it's just never fast enough. So my real question is; did Hazama get an update that screws over that combo string, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

I appreciate any help and/or roasting. So long as it's helpful roasting.

The combo was suboptimal as hell even in 1.0 and doesn't work now in 1.1.

The 3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A part still works though, and if you lurk a bit you'll find plenty of posts addressing your problem with appropriate answers below.

You need to do ~66B faster, when done correctly you'll barely notice any delay when the B followup comes out.

Also you don't need to dash 5A if you 3C at point blank, therefore you can try using point blank 3C as a starter instead, so you won't have to worry about getting the dash until you learn how to do the ~66B part

Thanks a bunch for the info. It really is the dashing 5A that's the hardest part. Jeez. But you're right, I can land it with a point blank 3C. I'm working ~66B just fine. Eh, occasionally. Thank you, Putin.

Although now the 5C after the j.C x4 won't land in time. Is that the part you meant won't work?

Also, are you sure such topics exist? I checked the archive which is just CSE/CS2/CS stuff, and the only topic I see in this section I've posted in is mine aside from the stickies. I've set my forum viewer to have no cutoff date on the topics, too. Am I hallucinating insanely or just looking in the wrong area?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6188-cp-hazama-combo-theory-discussion-thread/

already the 4th post asks pretty much the same question as you yourself did :)

look also further in the thread for when the 1.1 combos start because the combos in the beginning of the thread are for 1.0. Your question probably should have been a post in that thread instead of it's own topic.

Yeah the j.C * 4 > 5C part won't work anymore in 1.1

Actually, I think it IS confusing for new players that the combos listed when you open the combo threads start with 1.0 combos that are not valid anymore, when you read beginnings of threads it applies to 1.0 instead of 1.1 etc... a cleanup or archive is maybe not a bad idea.

Yeap the combo thread OP is ridiculously outdated, check its last few pages for 1.1 combos. I have listed many different ones for various situations and starters in various posts which should cover your needs for the time being