Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZéroGén

Zappa vs. Chipp

This fight is stupid annoying. Chipp's speed can be overwhelming, and it often becomes about interrupting his flow with a perfectly timed summon. Naked/Unsummon: -This match is comparable to ABA's in terms of momentum match. Whoever gets momentum first is at a huge advantage. -This quickly becomes about how well you are at reading your opponents patterns and tricks. Teleports, for instance, almost always are followed up with an attack, especially if they are done into the air (HS or D versions, for example). This is often a good time to use a summon, since blockstrings often end before they try this, and you'll be able to do a summon. Also, punishing the flame kick from the rekka's is possible off of normal blockstun from the rekka's as well. -However, if they are good at baiting you into doing it, you could also be in trouble. Chipp has actually decent damage in the right situations, and Zappa's defense rating isn't anything special. -With that said, Chipp's moves have some odd properties and can be both hard and easy to summon through. You have to become completely unpredictable when it comes to using countersummons or even simple counter attempts. Don't try to summon through 2D, the lower invincibility and quick speed makes it difficult to hit from mid to max range, but if your close you might be able to land it. His 6K vs Summon will end in tradehit, so be careful of that as well. -However, he can't escape Zappa's pressure too well, and Zappa's mixup is very good, so if you can put the match in your favor, then you can hurt him pretty easily. Ghosts: -If you whiffed a summon and happened to not get beat out or punished, or simply autosummoned the ghosts, your at a pretty big disadvantage already. Without the summon to completely shut out Chipp's attacks, and the slow movement of the ghosts, there's not much to be done against his pressure and pokes. Anticipated teleports can be punished by well timed ghost tosses, but often only if you FRC. f.S is good against some of his ground moves due to the speed, and should be able to beat out the startup of 6K. -However, if you happened to land a summon, then you've got a massive bonus. Oki is very easy against Chipp, as he only has a subpar uppercut and a long startup alpha blade to use as escape. Teleports take too long for him to get away, as well, so as long as your smart there isn't too much he can do. -Command throws after a knockdown, especially if you have the ghosts, are very tricky to deal with. Because of this, use 5P on wakeup is a good idea, however, Backdash is the absolutely only failproof reliable option, as it will also escape his forcebreak. Don't try doing it against any other option on wakeup, since he usually will recover fast enough or use Gamma blade to catch you regardless. Sword: -Difficult to utilize properly in this fight. Since he has low defense and your DP is very good as an anti-air, this is a good option defensively, since you've got another invincible move you can use to make yourself safe. -Offensively, you have to fish for counterhits more than hope for mixup attempts. This is because Chipps are often very good at defense, because they can't fall for mixup as easily as other players or they just won't last very long at all. -Still try for mixup, especially tick throws, but also watch out for counterattempts. Bait these and punish them for maximum damage. Dog: -GREAT summon in this match. Why? You'd think he'd be weak due to how fast Chipp is, but in actuality, Chipp is very weak after a blockstring. He can attempt to use specials to keep him safe, but the dog is good at hitting him out of recovery (particularly 5D, 6D, and 8D). -Once you get pressure, the lockdown begins. Chipp simply doesn't have the tools to deal with a good dog, but if your sloppy at all he'll be able to gamma/alpha/beta blade out of it and punish you for all it's worth. Raou: -If you were able to get Raou, congratulations, you actually didn't kill chipp before you got him! -But seriously, this just becomes the silliest fight ever once Raou comes out. Chipp can't do a damn thing here. Anything he does will get edguy'd, and if he blocks he gets crushed from chip damage. Even if he actually does get pressure, spamming edguy attempts will ALWAYS land free combos. And that's about the jist of it. Probably a 4-6 or 4.5-6.5 match in Chipps favor, due to how fast and annoying his pokes are. His mixup is pretty annoying and his damage can actually hurt you, but it's not as bad as most other characters. We zappa's are used to worse crap :psyduck:

Oiboi- that was so delicious,i fight a chipp often and there was no thread for tips and tricks on.Thx......Happy Hollowween Zapponians..~ZeroGen~

Random quick counterhit moves like 6P and 5K that he'll eventually run into. From there follow-up with literally whatever you want.

Oops, sorry chomite, meant 4.5-5.5 just a typo on my part. And yeah, Phrekwenci's got the idea, throw out random moves and you'll probably catch him with something.

Just for the record you should rarily ever throw the ghost while on the ground and never use Darkness anthem in a blockstring. Chipps Gamma Blade eats right through them and you will still get hit.

Just for the record you should rarily ever throw the ghost while on the ground

Imo don't use ghost throw at all, except for oki. When I played Chipp, I'd just air alpha/teleport as soon as I saw a ghost throw, and without Zappa frcing it punishes pretty easily =P

Jumping around like a jackass and doing j.Hs explosions should hit far more often :yaaay:

^ agreed. What I find frustrating is that when Zappa doesn't have summon, Chipp pretty much controls when you'll be able to summon. Unless Chipp wiffs a Gamma blade he can just about punish your dry summon from just about anywhere on the screen due to his speed and teleports. I you just need to poke well AND NEVER STOP MOVING!! I'm not sure but I think its possible to cancel into a summon off of a blocked fS and still be safe. Chipp will be able to attack you probably before you can attack him but I think you'll atleast be able to block.