Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaBlues

Chie SMP Attempt

So I've been trying to use the SMP glitch Naoto has to create an infinite loop. So far, it goes:

1: 214C (FC), 236236A

2. 2AB, 236236A

3. 5A

4. 2B

5. j.A

6/7. dj.BB

8. dj.C

9. j.236D

10. OMB

11. 5B

And then the rest should be an easy 236B 236B 5C loop till death.

Unfortunately, after the third Skull Cracker, the combo drops. Why can't Chie use SMP like Naoto does?

It's because Naoto's Mudoon removes 600 p2 and most of Naoto's specials also have p2 of 100 and after the 10th hit with Naoto you only use one move. While Chie has to rely on OMB which only removes 200 p2 and dragon kick which has 400 p2  and instead of just one special Chie has to use rampage p2 100 + skullcracker p2 100 + 5c p2 100 adding 300 p2 each rep. Doing it just twice adds 600 p2

Yeah, SMP glitch just gives a loop generally, not an infinite. As said, Naoto gets so many reps because mudoon gives you bonus proration, so she has an easy time. Chie can still do up to 4 reps though.

AA 214C (fc), 5b 5c 2d j.bb dj.c, omb D God's Hand as they just begin falling, 2a, loop 5C, 236b, 236b. I think that one gives 3 reps, 4 if you use 236a on the 4th loop. Sry the inputs aren't seperated better, I'm on my phone atm.

Thanks for that video, but I really only see myself using the 8k 100 SP/Burst combo. 5C CH is so much easier to execute, so I'd take the guaranteed damage over potentially whiffing the 214 (FC) 236236A 5C and wasting 50 SP for not that much of a larger boost.

And if I had 150 SP and a Burst available, somehow, there's an easy near instant-kill combo:

5C (CH) 2DD, 236236A (x3) 236B, 236B, 236D, OMB, 236D.

I believe the point of the video was that it showed the combo I posted, and therefore the damage. Also to answer a previous question, I'm lazy and don't use real notation all the time, so AA in this case means Anti Air. So it'd be air hit 214C (FC), like you'd get punishing Narukami's DP. There's a harder version that does like, 9.9k or something and doesn't need air hit, but it's... really really hard and not really match practical like the 9k version.

As for 5C (CH) 2DD, punishing with 5B is better if you can. It also turns that combo you posted into an actual kill on most characters lol.

Oh, whoops! I meant 5B, not 5C. But, yeah. I think it kills anyone who isn't Kanji, and considering you need 150 SP in the first place, you'd practically kill anyone with it.