Sign in to follow this  
Ice Prince

AC: Videos

i might didn't get my information correct but in slash where Sidewinder only has 70% force prorate, the damage that comes from combos with multiple Sidewinder (2d>Br(rc)>j.h/j.s/j.k>swcl>bb>iad j.s>swcl>j.h>swcl...) was a total crap ... but in /\C

Sidewinder (j.236H) - This is your staple move for all your big damage air combos. On normal hit, this move sucks. On Clean Hit, this move rocks. The damage for this move is 35 +25*N, where N is equal to the number of Clean Hits in the combo. This includes any Clean Hit caused by Grand Viper, Fafnir, or other Sidewinders.

that 25*N can negate 70% force prorate to certain extent and still do decent damage

My Chipp and Aba matches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RnKOVFhIf8&feature=channel_page and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UwuNoafRw&feature=channel_page

Two money matches, for some reason we went with a first to win 3 in a row against the ABA player, so that's the last 3 matches where I got smashed. I'll have the earlier rounds up later, when I wasn't playing as retarded haha. Like trying to throw Chipp's tension :vbang:

Too bad we didn't get the Aba kill combo on Dizzy recorded, he pulled off one iteration of the double orb hit on me in the corner with slightly cranked guard bar, and I died from 90% life ._.

LOl, I will give it a whirl soon. Having a dinner atm.

i'll put some comment on my favorite match up :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UwuNoafRw&feature=channel_page

Match 1

R1

0:09 -> i'll said this is a bad burst, against ABA being on top is good but with no burst she'll rape your ass hard on combos later

0:31 -> it's ABA ... GO FOR KNOCK DOWN~~~

0:35 -> ... i haven't see the vid when i comment on 0:09

R2

0:45 -> probably a whiffed input, but 2p would be a better pokes than f.s

1:00 -> you should opt back dash. ABA moroha mode j.h is a key to hell (;^_^)>

1:25 -> i'm not sure what u're trying to do, but when ABA space up u should throw crap on her not rushing her especially when she is on Moroha mode IMO

Match 2

R1

1:50 -> Good Counter Burst

1:58 -> missing chance for Bubble combos, take more attention to moroha Bar

R2

General note : u're playing too offensive and taking to much ch

R3

ABA wake up a little bit late moar fish?

Match 3

R1

3:43 -> u try to nail 2s ch on her, not a good idea when she is on moroha mode imo

4:06 -> summoning spear/fish instead of AD?

4:16 -> Bad spacing lol

R2

4:41 -> Good follow up combos

4:50 -> the Fish?

4:53 -> opt Fish & iad?

5:04 -> i believe u're trying to tick throw from it (;^_^)>

Good vid, there's still minor mistake like late input of 236h from 2h in combos just need to shape it up :D

and imo u play suicidal aggro Dizzy, probably because lack of experience against ABA? u got crushed with her AA several times on that vid, need a little bit of patience and fish :)

Haha this was actually a 30 min long money match, first to win 3 in a row, and I got a little desperate at the end I think. In fact the other 25 minutes has just been uploaded, but I don't expect anyone to sit through the entire thing haha.

Part1

Part2

Part3

And yes I do a play a suicidal Dizzy against Aba but not for lack of experience. I'm not the best at defense so I tend to take to the offensive as soon as I can, you can see it in how I always try to rush in after I've been blue bursted out of my combo, and then I tend to miss a lot of inputs or opportunities to pop a bubble. Even then, I'm normally playing at my best against this Aba, I play even more like a clown against our other players =/

Also to things to note, I hit the turbo start by accident on Part 2 haha, and I'm more or less immune to Aba's IK now ^^;

One hit at 1:31 in part 2 if you wanna see, and then my version of revenge at 2:20

EDIT: Right Part 2 now, was a different match before.

Corner combo with 25% tension (if you couldn't hit confirm):

After knockdown - 214h.p - 2k - (laser) - 2k - c.s - 5h - (bite) - 2h (frc) - (dash) - 5k - (bite) - f.s - 5h - 236h

For this combo, try to go for 14-15 hits so that you have enough time to summon another fish.

Thanks for the input woki, I'll be sure to start trying everything I can get to score score that knockdown because our ABA player is getting better, slowly getting the hang of fuzzy guard and corner crossups with bloodball, and he's slowly adjusting to his stick. His playing wasn't even at 100% when I play him, and we're either dead even or he has the slight advantage :psyduck: Looking back on how bad I was a year ago, when I just picked up AC, I'm surprised at how far I've come even if my defense still isn't there or I can't running 1f jump on command (not like Dizzy needs it other than for defense). Or even in comparison to when I learned how dizzyable Dizzy is, which was only Late September.

After knockdown - 214h.p - 2k - (laser) - 2k - c.s - 5h - (bite) - 2h (frc) - (dash) - 5k - (bite) - f.s - 5h - 236h

For this combo, try to go for 14-15 hits so that you have enough time to summon another fish.

This works.

You can also do 2K, c.S, 5H, 2H, ice spike (knockdown). TK K-bubble, land, homing pike, (pop bubble), dash 5K, release pike, IAD mixup.

CW09 R2 - GG - Ara Ara (ED) vs Lucia (DI)

I hope those sj.k's were failed TK bubbles. If they block your attack string, don't follow up ice spike. It's a bad habit to have and gives your opponent frame advantage. You're really lucky that the Eddie didn't block most of the ice spikes. If you're going to rush, at least have a fish summon, homing pike, or a safe projectile out.

1:16: CH homing pike, perfect bubble loop setup. dash j.H, k-bubble, release pike (pop), land, air combo

1:57: Too late for a bubble loop and opponent was high in the air. Eddie can just tech and escape if you don't do anything. Go for max damage? Air combo. If you don't, then pressure them back in the corner. j.D is a good option.

1:58: 5P, 5P, 2D? I hope that's a mistake. No way he could've landed in time. :(

CW09 R2 - GG - FMer (TE) vs Lucia (DI)

0:21: Nice burst bait.

If you're going to jump then do a falling j.H, get in the practice of doing a j.P first. It's a lot safer and gets rid of nets.

1:48: Not a good ice spike. :(

4:32: Wake up ice spike? :vbang:

Seems like you're having trouble with this matchup. The Testament didn't take advantage of most of the CHs and dropped a ton of combos. Find a safe place and time to summon a homing pike; it's a fast summon. Remember, Testament has many options to poke you out of fish summon he's not KD'd. In the worst case scenario--he could eveb get a BL loop off. Doing IAD.2S is usually unsafe unless you're doing corner oki. Testament could easily 6K that into BL loop.

CW09 R2 - GG - Lucia (DI) vs CK (PO)

You have to learn your corner oki's for this. Dizzy's corner pressure is really important for this matchup. Go for high/low/throw mixups.

Here's an oki to use for Pot when he has 50% tension (against Heavenly). Also works when he doesn't have tension. :)

-- knockdown: K~P fish, 6H (2 hits), IAD.2S, mixup

When doing your fish summons, try to mix up the commands for it. Pot can flick the laser which isn't a good thing. Also, don't be afraid to throw a homing pike out when you get the chance. Don't release it right away, but you can use it to support your attacks. Bubbles are good for stalling in the air so slide head doesn't rape you.

Be careful when IADing. He can anti-air you into heat which is scary for Dizzy. Heavenly can also stuff your IADs.

-----

Other than the fact that it's easy to do, if you're using 25% tension, it'd be better to FRC ice spike instead.

before I reply I just wanted to add something 2d --> ice spike are delay ice spike timing which you probably didn't notice due to the frame rate of the encoding. Meaning after a 2d hit, ice spike comes at you in 12 frames after example a 24 frame block stun, 2d is a lvl 5 attack hence there are longer cancel time similar to 2hs ice spike shenanigan. Basically he was eating ice spike pushing buttons, those are button attempts at dashing or poking for example which well dizzy is weak ^^ and people like to seize the moments. welcome to the forum? haven't seen you here before ^^

i think that mind games on 2d > ice spike works if u somehow can read your opponent option / regular match up ... i've using 2h > ice spike mind games a lot in my games thought it works, i still get some critique ... i'd realize it myself that delayed ice spike is huge gambling on some match up, which some times it's not worth to take ... but if we know they gonna eat it ... what ever lol

CW09 R2 - GG - Ara Ara (ED) vs Lucia (DI) hahah, yeah It were face palm moments with the fail tk but I had to keep trying till it work, its my stubborn side. 1:16: bubbles loops, yeah Suppose doing those would had been the best outcome. but yeah I need to work out a habbit for them in matches they just never come in mind. 1.57/1.58 My intial idea was to go for tech trap which is similar to how my friend slayer likes to tech trap people with 5p, although i thought my friend was going to air FD block which caught me by surprise when he didn't. CW09 R2 - GG - FMer (TE) vs Lucia (DI) As for testament yeah alot of probably mainly due the expiernce of against playing testament matches hahaha. hopefully arcsky will release an online mode for the GG fans. CW09 R2 - GG - Lucia (DI) vs CK (PO) hai hai, I certainly needs to bust my chops learning this again. probably my most unfavourite match up in GG due to pot being gay. but you're correct corner oki is a good way to deal with the match up.

i think that mind games on 2d > ice spike works if u somehow can read your opponent option / regular match up ... i've using 2h > ice spike mind games a lot in my games thought it works, i still get some critique ... i'd realize it myself that delayed ice spike is huge gambling on some match up, which some times it's not worth to take ... but if we know they gonna eat it ... what ever lol

good time to elaborate on this because the mind game behind gets rather interesting. 2d option follows are simply tk bubble jump and jcc fish summons and IAD backwards or forwards and ice spike 3/5 of those option are unsafe mainly due to opponents reading it as unsafe and dashing 6p in most cases will beat out everything you throw. if fish summons/air spike are 30+ frame action + reovery is quite punished on most by most of the cast. In the right mind people block until there is no blockstun and seize moments knowing there can freely score CH of summons attacks or IAD forwards. with 3/5 chance your oppoent will button to try and punish you it adds favourable odds their action is not to block.

The world would be safer place if poeple didn't try to punish Dizzy's 2hs or 2d ^^, which would be the best then I we could just summon freely and not worry about getting hit.

And Lastly I believe the notion that a rush down requires a summons is false. While its possibly the best outcome summons itself is an invitation to damage but also an advanateg which allows your opponent to attack. ^^, I just feel dizzy can be both agressive and defensive while being agressive doesn't requires summmons aids. her 2k is good and beats alot of pokes couper with her double AD. very few attacks beats 2k or 5k both outranges alots of pokes in the game its only when people expect them do they do a preemptive attcks.

You don't have to 2D for every blocked attack string. You can do a poke (2P) into throw. Poke, dash in, poke. Following up a blocked 2D into ice spike, as excelence pointed, is a huge gamble. It's safe for the opponent to FD jump it. If you don't FRC the ice spike and it's blocked, your opponent gains momentum. Dizzy specializes in safe pressure and this is one of the things that I don't consider safe pressure. If you condition your opponent to attack or rush after 2D, you could choose to followup ice spike. It's something I'd probably do 1/30 times.

There are a few other options you could do off a 2D:

- Homing pike

- Flame wheel (236 S/K)

Homing pike is the fastest summon you can do, stuffs most air dash ins, and great for rushing.

On neutral, if you don't have a summon out, it's not a good idea to rush. Instead of opting to attack, you can handle opponent rush downs with 5K and f.S (against air dashes). Of course, there are times when it's okay to rush (which doesn't usually happen).

-----

I started experimenting with 2H FRC and got some interesting results. It works decent for pressure and stuffs a ton of pokes. It's also a safe burst bait; if they don't burst, you still get your knockdown.

welcome to the forum? haven't seen you here before ^^

I almost never post on the forums. :)

just my two cents about opting to special cancel 2d, why ice spike? because it has frc point and the block stun limit her opponent option, if they want to punish Dizzy from my experience, they need to do something major like DOT, but if Dizzy frc and block, well... and canceling to other special, if it doesn't involving mind games, she'll be killed 24/7, i agree defensive option would be the best follow up in this kind of situation the 2h frc, yeah it works like a charm :keke:, but it also drain tension like crazy, Dizzy tension gain is SUX :vbang:

I'll get to watching the vids later, though it may be unnecessary for me to critique them since it looks like some stuff has already been covered, lol. With a 2D KD, I think it's best to utilize a special cancelled fish summon/bubble for oki if possible. If 2D hits on block though, it's probably better to GTFO of there via an IAD/jump and AD option to escape and regroup, but it is possible to prolong pressure via RC/FRC tactics. I rarely use Ice Spike after a 2D hit/on block and even then I'd probably want to have tension to FRC it just to be safe if it's blocked. If Ice Spike hits though, you could FRC it to get a jump on fish summon for oki if applicable. Aggro Dizzy using summons for rushdown is awesome but not using summons for rushdown is quite risky, lol. If you were to supplement Dizzy's rushdown by utilizing tension for FRC tactics in the place of assistance with summons, it might be possible to do a pressure string with pokes and FRCable attacks and go for tick throws or something. It does take some time to get things going with Dizzy's summons, especially since her gameplay revolves around utilizing summons for her offensive/defensive setups in order to keep momentum in her favor during a match. That of course isn't easy to do at times considering Dizzy is quite vulnerable at the startup of her summons particularly at closer ranges to her opponent, not to mention her disadvantage against rushdown chars.

You don't have to 2D for every blocked attack string. You can do a poke (2P) into throw. Poke, dash in, poke. Following up a blocked 2D into ice spike, as excelence pointed, is a huge gamble. It's safe for the opponent to FD jump it. If you don't FRC the ice spike and it's blocked, your opponent gains momentum. Dizzy specializes in safe pressure and this is one of the things that I don't consider safe pressure. If you condition your opponent to attack or rush after 2D, you could choose to followup ice spike. It's something I'd probably do 1/30 times.

There are a few other options you could do off a 2D:

- Homing pike

- Flame wheel (236 S/K)

Homing pike is the fastest summon you can do, stuffs most air dash ins, and great for rushing.

On neutral, if you don't have a summon out, it's not a good idea to rush. Instead of opting to attack, you can handle opponent rush downs with 5K and f.S (against air dashes). Of course, there are times when it's okay to rush (which doesn't usually happen).

-----

I started experimenting with 2H FRC and got some interesting results. It works decent for pressure and stuffs a ton of pokes. It's also a safe burst bait; if they don't burst, you still get your knockdown.

I almost never post on the forums. :)

nice to have more people active on forum ^^, how I love discuss dizzy general gameplay but i dont think this thread here is the right one. you correct as in you shouldn't be using 2d in every block string. too much fate unlimited code so its hibitual that I do jcc these day lol.

the risk is there but you can frc which is a good mix up in high lvl matches. whether you can pull it off is another matter.

as for air pike, I haven't been getting around to use them yet but yeah air pikes jcc are cool. well condition is a factor but yeah when the people you play are your friends which is the GG scene at home... but you're correct in saying so.

but yeah curious what are your chances of pulling off air pike jcc curious?

haven't try 2d>air pike ... but i think i have tried 2h>air pike and got DOTed and killed 3 second latter :v: edit : canceling into any special on the end of block string for fake is bad imo, but 2k>special... sometimes it works :psyduck:

2D KD>Homing Pike could possibly have some application as an oki option. However, it might be more trickier to pull off a special cancelled reverse DP input motion consistently versus special cancelling a QCB/QCF input for moves like fish summon, bubble, scythe, and Ice Spike. And as a standalone oki option, it doesn't seem like there would be much coverage as compared to using fish summon/bubble instead which are more practical options for oki after a KD. Fish summon and bubble give you ample coverage for oki, maybe scythe too depending on the version used and if it's FRCed that could prove useful as well. With Homing Pike though you'll either have to act quickly if it's a non held version or if it's a held version not get hit and lose the pike while in the process of utilizing it for something. You could probably use it for a throw setup or unblockable with OD to catch opponent off guard if they aren't paying attention, lol.

I just wanted to point out that whenever you see someone doing sj.k backward, it always means that when he was doing 2147k, either he didn't wait long enough after popping a bubble or he just didn't input correctly (like doing 147k or 247k). It happens.... even at the G3 final. Did anyone watch it by any chance? Also, when you see someone doing an empty jump after 2d (assuming that he was trying to special cancel), it means that either he didn't input 2369 fast enough or he pressed a button too early. I'm talking about the second video (Te vs Di) btw. PS. No one should do 2p-2p-2d when the first 2p actually hit them!!!!!

I just wanted to point out that whenever you see someone doing sj.k backward, it always means that when he was doing 2147k, either he didn't wait long enough after popping a bubble or he just didn't input correctly (like doing 147k or 247k). It happens.... even at the G3 final. Did anyone watch it by any chance?

Also, when you see someone doing an empty jump after 2d (assuming that he was trying to special cancel), it means that either he didn't input 2369 fast enough or he pressed a button too early. I'm talking about the second video (Te vs Di) btw.

PS. No one should do 2p-2p-2d when the first 2p actually hit them!!!!!

clearly there is one baka here that does ^&^

After watching some of woki's vids, I stole the 2P 2P 2K 2D hit confirm combo from him, since 2P 2P 2D didn't link for me ^^ If my group wasn't so lazy we'd get more recorded matches in, but currently it's the last two weeks of classes for us, and finals are the week after. I really need to record more of those ABA matchups because for some reason I perform a lot better against him then people I play more often, yet he can beat nearly all of those peopl consistently whereas I'm losing most the time. :vbang:

Woo, another Dizzy player that's agressive as hell, though it got you smacked up pretty good when you got a bit reckless it was still solid playing on your part After playing Teyah, I learned how rough it was for Dizzy to charge in safely, and in the first few matches you baited his Eddie Uppercut really well with those empty airdashes. But he either had a lot of experience playing you or similar Dizzys since he blocked your oki pretty well, and once he got past your zoning and your oki it was :vbang: Only thing I was gonna suggest was to use j.D when Eddie takes to the skies to bide time or get over you but I saw you start using it at the end too. And that one missed bubble loop but heat of the battle and all, I can see why it didn't come out.

Sign in to follow this