Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

BBCP2, Celica and Lambda Hype Thread

All I can think is that it's like Blackhole and she's doing the animation for awhile. So they made Hakumen IAD over her head and he's hopping towards her now. As for Minerva, I can only think she switches the sides shes facing depending on where the opponent is. Thinking that way has the image make sense. But who knows

Weird. Whys Minerva facing the opposite direction from Hakumen and Celica. And why the hell is Hakumen behind Celica like that

It seems reasonable to assume that the super targets Minerva so perhaps Celica just turns toward Minerva when performing the super as part of the animation. Who knows though, perhaps Minerva is the character you control and Celica is the "puppet." Both would explain the characters' positioning, though the latter might not be very probable.

So does Nu not having mode change anymore mean there's gonna be a balance patch?

To the best of my recollection, ASW has never released a new version of a game in arcades without rebalancing it.  So I'd say folks with CT mains will likely be able to enjoy relearning their characters for a 7th time, yes.

Hopefully there will be a slight change in Lambchops' design 'sides colors because otherwise that'd be lazy as fuck.

Inb4 one has a halo and the other doesnt.

Welp, I love the idea of playable Celica.
Lambda? Uhhm. She's dead? Why bring back a deceased character for no reason?
Honestly, Im so sick of having Lambda shoved down my throat.
Hazama d'un goofed.

Speaking of Celica, I really do hope she's made a little easier to control. I never had luck with the previous puppet characters, especially Carl. I dunno what it is, but I could never get a handle on them for some reason. Celica is the 2nd one to catch my interest since Relius so I kinda do want to give her a shot. I'm not asking for Baby's 1st Puppeteer, but just a little something that makes her distinct mechanically from Carl and Relius.

Are you talking about Japan? because Extend sold better than CT and as much as CS only on PS3, CSII is the update that sold worst than the original game.

I think they have enough stuff to make CP Extend, 2 new characters, the VITA CP beach scenario, throw there Celica and lambda extra scenario and maybe a new game mode and they can release it on disc, my opinion.

How can CS2 have sold "worst than the original game" when it wasn't even available for purchase? :P CS2 was only buyable on like, the 3DS and PSP or something. For everyone else it was "Get CS1 and download the free update, but you'll need to buy the DLC characters if you want them."  That's not remotely a comparable sales model.

Anyway, I'm FINE if they want to release a CP Extend, but they should do it RIGHT;  Sell a disc with all the content on it for like $35 or $40.  But also release a patch to make existing copies of CP "forward compatible" with it, and allow CP owners to pay for the new characters as DLC if they want.  This is the best of both worlds - new players can get the "whole game" for a reasonable price, and existing players don't feel screwed out of another $40 to stay current.

I thought for a second the "new" char. select screen looks like "Overdrive" colors, but saying its crimson and all...

They changed the character select screen colours... so this is going to be the REAL CP2? CP1.1 only had more subtle changes.

Also, that positioning for the slots technically infringes on the real estate of the arcade button settings... perhaps they'll be redesigning that? Or better yet, having it selectable on character selection like in GGXrd.

If the character select screen has changed, Im gonna hazard a guess at this being like an Extend.
If that is true, then Celica and Lambda probably aren't the only characters we should be expecting to be playable in the near future.
On another note, any scans of the pages of Lambda? Nice to see Celica but I still want to see the other one ;-;

Two female characters have been introduced. A male character is coming next, probably a kitty.

Just look at the order every three characters have been introduced on this game. Either two females one male or two males and one female. It isn't 100 percent, they might not introduce jubei. They may not introduce anyone. But it would be safe to assume that if they did it would be a male character.

How can CS2 have sold "worst than the original game" when it wasn't even available for purchase? :P CS2 was only buyable on like, the 3DS and PSP or something. For everyone else it was "Get CS1 and download the free update, but you'll need to buy the DLC characters if you want them."  That's not remotely a comparable sales model.

Anyway, I'm FINE if they want to release a CP Extend, but they should do it RIGHT;  Sell a disc with all the content on it for like $35 or $40.  But also release a patch to make existing copies of CP "forward compatible" with it, and allow CP owners to pay for the new characters as DLC if they want.  This is the best of both worlds - new players can get the "whole game" for a reasonable price, and existing players don't feel screwed out of another $40 to stay current.

So, like Super Street Fighter then?  Sounds reasonable.

How can CS2 have sold "worst than the original game" when it wasn't even available for purchase? :P

It was only remark to say that it was the update that sold least regardless of the platform. ;)

Oh, now that I think about it. Character Select has changed colors, so it's pretty suspicious that none of the screenshots in that article show the health or heat gauge.

Are they going to be recolored as well...?

ブレイブルー クロノファンタズマ

バージョン:Ver2.0

Oh, god. It really is going to be called BBCP2.

"Applause weakly" Prophecy fulfilled. We never would've seen that one coming -_-

That's enough being a pessimist for now...

Neat that Celica and Lambda are back. Hope Mori can stop making excuses and add Jubei already. 

TY Zedar. 

At least we'll be able to differentiate Lambda, cosmetically if not in gameplay. You don't have to worry about whose swords are whose!

Now I just have to hope that this doesn't turn into another of those "Arcade release in Japan in the fall, Console Release in Japan in the Winter, Console release in the West in the spring LOL you have 3 weeks months to practice for EVO" scheduling events again. -_- Which it will.

Oh well. Maybe my character will suck less.

Now I just have to hope that this doesn't turn into another of those "Arcade release in Japan in the fall, Console Release in Japan in the Winter, Console release in the West in the spring LOL you have 3 weeks months to practice for EVO" scheduling events again. -_- Which it will.

I hope not. All the hype will be sucked dry if that happens.

Considering Xrd's coming in Winter, they won't be releasing on consoles this year.