Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numakie

That SoCal Thread Encompassing LA, Orange & Riverside

Whats up Bushido Brown. Im In Glendale/Burbank are so were not that far from each other.Im down to hook up and get some XRD going.I just cant enjoy online much.   Do u go to UGC?

How's it going GAMER707B, I didn't see your reply till i logged back in today. I've been away because of work recently, but I've been getting more free time recently. I don't go to UGC at the moment but i've always been meaning to check it out since super's still in the process of finding a new location. 

I'm always down to play and level up, just let me know and I'll try and come out

Aside from UGC are there any other gatherings? I find it hard to believe that such a large area is Online only.

Aside from UGC are there any other gatherings? I find it hard to believe that such a large area is Online only.

I'm pretty sure there's smaller 'house gatherings' being held, one being Nerdjosh's Friday gatherings at his place I believe?

I'm pretty sure there's smaller 'house gatherings' being held, one being Nerdjosh's Friday gatherings at his place I believe?

I've seen it on stream. Seems kind of exclusive though ;[

I've seen it on stream. Seems kind of exclusive though ;[

Doesn't hurt to ask.

I think i am inthe right place. Im a bit off the edge of the targeted area buT as you can see, i stay in Fontana CA. I can reach anywhere between san bernardino to upland easily. so Jmaes Games is within my reach... though ive never been inside the place due to my lack of interests in tuornaments. I play alot of blazblue cp, then there is P4AU and GGXrd and UNIEL.

How's it going guys, haven't been on for a while because work has tied me down but with the next few months its been getting more lax. Anyone going to SCR prelude I?

RIP offline play in Orange County.

I blame Xie.

UCI still has offline sessions every Tuesday but other than that I have no idea.

Info on the UCI sessions can be found by following FG_UCI on Twitter as well as the Facebook page listed earlier

Just picked up CPEX I suck want to get better at it, so I wanted to ask if there is is an offline scene nearby the silver lake area of LA, I bus it so driving far not an option and I have a lot on plate with LSAT, school, blah, blah you know responsibilities. Is there a local area or arcade people meet up for casuals? I heard people go to UGC for Arc Divide and I can actually make there reasonably on Bus cause I pass it a lot anyways, do people meet there for casuals on certain days or is it only when Arc Divide going on. Even though I might not attend regularly I think it would be awesome to know where to go if I want to support/join the local scene when I can 

Hello. I don't know anything about much of this stuff on here and I tend to stay on a single game for long periods of time but I have picked up BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. It was a cool fighting game and I'm looking to find out if there's a tournament or something I could go to and play. Ragna and Jin are practically my favorite characters on the game. Blazblue is the only series I'm somewhat familiar with and I've played Continuum Shift Extend as well. I liked Calamity Trigger better for some reason. Anyways, my PS3 User ID is: C_00_L-BLACK-X9 so feel free to add me. I usually don't play on my PS3 much now and I got rid of the game, however, I think I'll pick it back up. I play on my Steam account for entertainment now. I have MMOs and a FPS. My account on there is just my full name: jonathan_edward_robinson. So, can someone help me out?

Hi,

Just moved here a few weeks ago, went down to WNF last night to see if there were some GG players.  I was really disappointed with the amount of players there considering I drove down from the valley.  Are there players up near the valley, or gatherings up in that area?  Most of the socal threads seem to be quite dead.

CSU Long Beach presents Beach Con this Saturday Apr 23! All information can be found in the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/573601692804768/

Presented by the CSULB eSports Association, BeachCon is an annual gaming festival dedicated to celebrating the gaming community at Cal State Long Beach and beyond.
Join us for the most exciting BeachCon yet, with tournaments, open LAN and console gaming, raffles, snacks, and MORE!

→ WHO: Open to EVERYONE!
→ WHERE: CSULB Walter Pyramid (The Pointe)
→ WHEN: April 23, 2016
→ COST: FREE for CSULB Students & CSGO/League Tournament Finalists, $5 for non-CSULB students

THIS IS A BYOC EVENT (Bring Your Own Computer/Controller) 

PC TOURNAMENTS:
• League of Legends 5v5 (ONLY TOP 2 TEAMS from prelim tourney)
• Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 5v5 (ONLY TOP 4 TEAMS from prelim tourney)
• Heroes of the Storm 5v5 (ONLY teams from prelim tourney)
• Hearthstone 1v1 (onsite, 64-cap)

FIGHTING GAMES (ONSITE):
• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles (1v1) 
• Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles (1v1)
• Street Fighter V (PS4) 1v1
***NOTE: All Rules available on beachcon.org under the "Games" tab****

SIDE TOURNAMENTS (ONSITE):
• Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (PS4)
• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles (2v2)
• Dota 2 (5v5)
• Halo FFA (Xbox) sponsored by eSports Arena
• Call of Duty 2v2 (Xbox) sponsored by eSports Arena
***Side Tourney Requests? Message us with suggestions!***

SCHEDULE:
2 PM: Venue Opens
TENTATIVE TOURNEY SCHEDULE: http://bit.ly/1UXIUBc

SPONSORS: 
 iBUYPOWER
 EVGA
 RAZER ARENA
 GAMEPLAY
 Silverstone
 KIND Snacks
 Red Bull
 Amazon Student
 TESPA
 CSULB Housing 
 GIGABYTE USA
 Esports Arena

COST
• FREE for students, free LAN seats
• $3 for non-students
• $3 Venue/Pot (Fighting Games only)

GIVEAWAYS:
**NOTE: All attendees receive a FREE Raffle ticket at the door!** 
COST OF EXTRA TICKETS: $1
- iBUYPOWER fully-equipped Desktop PC Giveaway
- Amazon Student featured raffle
- EVGA Motherboard, Graphics Cards
- Silverstone Desktop Fans
- RAZER ARENA Chroma peripherals
- GIGABYTE USA 960 Graphics Cards & Desktop Fans

TOURNAMENT PRIZES:

• Fighting Games: Gameplay gift cards & 50/35/15% pot prizing

DIRECTIONS & PARKING INFORMATION:
The Pointe is located on Atherton Street, directly below the Walter Pyramid. Enter campus via Merriam Way.
- FROM THE 22/405: Exit and make a left on Palo Verde, right on Atherton, left onto Merriam
***Parking is $5 for the whole day in Lot 13 in front of the Pyramid. Purchase permits at the YELLOW dispensers***
Map available HERE: https://daf.csulb.edu/maps/parking/

Do people meet up at the Round 1 in riverside for BBCF? If so, I plan to be there tomorrow and would like to play with people.

Hi all, I'm living in UCLA / Westwood area for a few months and I'm looking for any locals that play GG, BB, KoF, or basically anything that isn't SFV or Smash.

Hey Dead Thread!

I host GG+R casuals with a livestream at my place every other Saturday night. If you live within driving distance of Canoga Park and are interested in stopping by send me a PM or find me on discord @ id#7624 .

You can check out my channel at twitch.tv/ClassicFightingGamer all videos are archived on Youtube, too.

I also run CvS2 every other Saturday opposite GG. If that strikes your fancy too, let me know!

Assuming the first post is up to date, is UGC the closest locals I've got if I live in Lake Balboa?

Aside from that, heya, I've moved into Cali a month ago or so (massive scenery change from Israel, lol what scene?) and I'm pretty much just looking to expand my offline time playing. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction I'd love the help, but I'd like to just meet some people in the area too. I'm mainly a BB player on PC/PS3 with a dash of Melty and Xrd.

Hi Cili

Unfortunately UGC closed shop a little while ago so that's no longing an option for playing offline.

Personally I've been going to Game Realms in Burbank for locals.  I usually go there to play Vampire Savior, and a good scene for Skullgirls is usually there too. I'm pretty sure a good number of players who show up there also play BB and GG though, there were a few Xrd and BBCF set-ups last time I went if I remember correctly.

Here 's their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/gamerealms/