Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

GGSlash May: Match-Up thread

on 5hs 2hs, you have to understand if they do these blindly and whiff you get a free combo. so if his only option is to make you block or whiff something, he loses a bit of his game. his 5k is 6pable his 2k_2s is 5kable... you just have to find a range you are comfortable fighting him in when in doubt hoop turtle.

on 5hs 2hs, you have to understand if they do these blindly and whiff you get a free combo. so if his only option is to make you block or whiff something, he loses a bit of his game. his 5k is 6pable his 2k_2s is 5kable... you just have to find a range you are comfortable fighting him in when in doubt hoop turtle.

pot isnt that bad the pot buster thing is kinda bad but he has hella time dealing with mays poking game and he has no solution to dolphins. well other then 6p but even then it isnt enough to be a threat.

pot isnt that bad the pot buster thing is kinda bad but he has hella time dealing with mays poking game and he has no solution to dolphins. well other then 6p but even then it isnt enough to be a threat.

The thing about Potemkin is to keep out of the PotBuster range. This limit tends to rule out wakeup pressures, as Pot can backdash and potbuster before you can recover. It also means be prodigious with the FD, as that pushes you farther away, and possibly throws off PotBuster timing (FD prolongs blockstun; you can't be thrown while in blockstun). Potemkin has a few distance-closing options -- your goal is to close off those options and deny him any PotBuster opportunity. Pokes, runaway, late IAD (dash overhead and away), run underneath, backdashes, backward JC, dolphins, magical 6Ps. If you start getting too jump-happy, know that an early j.S or spamming j.P can stuff Heavenly (air super) and/or Heat Knuckle (high grab). Futhermore, know that 5H range is within PotBuster range :pissed:

The thing about Potemkin is to keep out of the PotBuster range. This limit tends to rule out wakeup pressures, as Pot can backdash and potbuster before you can recover. It also means be prodigious with the FD, as that pushes you farther away, and possibly throws off PotBuster timing (FD prolongs blockstun; you can't be thrown while in blockstun). Potemkin has a few distance-closing options -- your goal is to close off those options and deny him any PotBuster opportunity. Pokes, runaway, late IAD (dash overhead and away), run underneath, backdashes, backward JC, dolphins, magical 6Ps. If you start getting too jump-happy, know that an early j.S or spamming j.P can stuff Heavenly (air super) and/or Heat Knuckle (high grab). Futhermore, know that 5H range is within PotBuster range :pissed:

I thought you could 5K Pot on wake-up risk free if you do it nice and early? Throw invuln for a nice un-busterable meaty, and if he backdashes it, you should be able to recover and backdash before you get bustered right?

I thought you could 5K Pot on wake-up risk free if you do it nice and early? Throw invuln for a nice un-busterable meaty, and if he backdashes it, you should be able to recover and backdash before you get bustered right?

you could just do another standing kick that works too. pot isnt all that bad because you shouldnt be fighting him in pot buster range anyways. you zone him and zone him like hell

you could just do another standing kick that works too. pot isnt all that bad because you shouldnt be fighting him in pot buster range anyways. you zone him and zone him like hell

If the pot is smart, he'll 6K your 5K on wake up. Then he gets free pot buster plus stupid heat extend if close enough.

And Pulsr ate my baby!

If the pot is smart, he'll 6K your 5K on wake up. Then he gets free pot buster plus stupid heat extend if close enough.

And Pulsr ate my baby!

HOw does May fight against Chipp? whats that matchup like.

Hit him with 6P...Hell, hit him with anything. Chipp is fun to kill, that's for sure.

HOw does May fight against Chipp? whats that matchup like.

Hit him with 6P...Hell, hit him with anything. Chipp is fun to kill, that's for sure.

yeah against chipp mash 6p, youll win eventually. lol it actually does depend on how quickly you can adapt to his pressure. if hes dashing in with 5k by all means rape him with 6p. but chances are he'll know how devasting may is and will probably run around and try to kill you when you try to get in.... by kill i mean slowly tick away at your life. but yeah may can counter turtle wtih hoop go hoop go. typically though i just run at him like a lunatic much more risk reward in mays favor then there is for chipp.

yeah against chipp mash 6p, youll win eventually. lol it actually does depend on how quickly you can adapt to his pressure. if hes dashing in with 5k by all means rape him with 6p. but chances are he'll know how devasting may is and will probably run around and try to kill you when you try to get in.... by kill i mean slowly tick away at your life. but yeah may can counter turtle wtih hoop go hoop go. typically though i just run at him like a lunatic much more risk reward in mays favor then there is for chipp.

*Revives thread*

K, I'm still finding it a BITCH to fight Kiske's. I can win against him, don't get me wrong, but he makes me completely switch playstyles to do so. I mainly stay in 5k range and depend on continuous 5k, 5s, horidolphinhs damage to win, with the occasional knockdown > wakeup D setups. Anyone else have any experience vs. Kiske that I could throw in?

ky has always had a big advantage against may ;[ its bigger now... hoops are a no no since he can do hs stun edge... jump ins lose to his 2hs. and well poking loses to his greed sever. ;[ this match is stupidly difficult for may, the only thing i can recommend is sit right at the tip of his 2d range that way you can get away with the 5k poke, 3k with neccesary. since he doesnt do a whole ton of damage you should be able to land may combo of i win. just dont get to careless and punish fireball spam with iad s hs

I'm having trouble against Sol. My friend plays Sol Japanese style, so often when I go to bait his DP he just command grabs me. On a successful bait I usually can combo, but I'm finding I don't get a whole lot of good baits off. The biggest problem I am having is beating out his pokes, his 5K and j.H I think it is are destroying me. How should I go about poking Sol? I think my far Slash usually just gets DPed x_x;

I can't lock him down very well because he can usually just IB and then DP out of anything. I try to tick throw a lot, and that works decently, but there must be a better way.