Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CPEX] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

*watches recent matches* Yo, how about that ridic corner carry from HF RC midscreen? I really understand why they took away HF as a combo part in juggles, he'd be able to go coast to coast for free. The way things are shaking out, he probably will go coast to coast once everything is optimized. The TK GH after 5C is so genius.

I hate that HF doesn't juggle anymore, now it's (again) reduced to combo ender/RC gimmicks. Those juggle combos were so shounen~

I'd have taken crazy carry with tk BS over Extend damage any day...

Ragna TimeTM all the time

you do realize corner carry is irrelevant when you do man damage midscreen right?

Not like you don't get tk bloodscythe corner carry anyway. He still has those combos. They just do 4.7K now

Corner carry still matters. Not crucial, but it matters.

That being said, his corner carry is still bonkers. Not "OMG what is this I don't even" like in 1.0/1.1, but still extremely good. Given his damage output now, I'm willing to sacrifice a little.

right now it seems you choose between damage and corner carry with BE / air GH. also, people aren't hitconfirming with 6a yet, since it's been unsafe for like 3 games now; this should increase avg damage considerably. corner is really only better at max range, but even then its really like 3/4 screen distance because dp carry is great, and at correct footsie range you can only use HF anyway. throw dmg is great midscreen, idk. corner seems pretty irrelevant now, which is what most characters can't say (and also might be why people see him as so strong).

so 6C > 6D > BE does work, and quite reliably at that

now i'm wondering why i don't see everyone using that route

I'm guessing midscreen 22C>DC>dash>5C doesn't work anymore. But if it did, something like...

6C>CT>6C>6D>BE>3C>22C>DC>5C>TKGH>5B>5D>DID

would be super hype.

I'm guessing midscreen 22C>DC>dash>5C doesn't work anymore. But if it did, something like...

would be super hype.

You can't really get a combo off of it because of the nerf to hell's fang, so I doubt it

would be super hype.

Well, the issue here isn't that it doesnt work anymore, but theres really no way to pick up max range 5c into a long conversion without corner. 5C TK GH works off of very high hitting, close 5C's so 22c dash dash 5C wouldnt generate the correct height/distance.

it does work, it was in the cmv. 5c j.c j.d air gh

John i think youre thinking of ds dash cancel, not 22c dash cancel dash 5c.

Slight rant, my opinion not yours:

I just read the opening post for changes plus I've been watching some Ragna videos Jourdal's uploaded in YouTube.

Is it just me or does 2.0 Ragna's offense / combos seem a little braindead to you guys? Not like in a OP character kinda way but with the new gatlings he got and how he's specials changed. I kinda liked how in CP1-1.1 he had clear limitations and demanded honest play from good Ragna players but now he can pretty much just mash 5B > 5C at every turn. The only really necessary addition in my opinion was the good ol' 6B > 5C but now it just feels they made him a mashing machine.

3C is jump cancellable? https://youtu.be/uAxkvXQnLjo?t=13m36s haha I feel stupid :D