Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth vs. Margaret

I got some experience against an actual Margaret player and my world got rocked. Please take what Ihave to say with a grain of salt because 1) It was my first Margaret, 2) It was netplay, and 3) the Margaret player may not have known the matchup either.

It feels like this is defninitely in Margaret's favor, but it doesn't feel quite as hopeless as some other matchups can feel from time to time. I feel that you definitely have a chance to turn it around and keep Margaret locked down if you make the right choices. It feels like things get a bit easier when you go into awakening. Awakened A Zio definitely forces Margaret to be more cautious with what she throws out beyond the range of her normals. Her spear special is still incredibly strong against us, but we have our own STOP THAT button with awakened A Zio. However, Margaret's damage seems to be so high that you'll die if you get hit twice, so it's only if they drop a combo or some other miracle that you'll even get the chance to awaken at all if you don't force it yourself. Her persona pressure feels pretty strong, but it feels like a lot of it can be rolled. You still need to keep an eye out for your roll being baited though, or you'll just die harder.

Thoughts?

Make sure to avoid as many counter hits as possible in this matchup more than others, as two CHs is the end of the round for Liz. Get into the habit of recognizing when you took a bad jump or air dash arc and DON'T PRESS ANYTHING. I can not stress enough how much this has been saving me when I play against Margaret.

For neutral...awakened Agis are somewhat useful (especially SB to completely gimp her approach and bring her closer), but you have to use them sparingly as they will lose to sweep and spear. B Zio is okay at times, but she can get a free card off of you using this more often than not. SB is relatively fine, but the spots where you'd be able to use it will rarely ever punish anything. Just try to work your way in and avoid taking big hits, as her defensive options aren't great against Liz.

So when you do get in, watch her meter. This generally won't happen until she hits awakening, but Margaret can always react to or call out something with a super during Thanatos pressure and be entirely safe with 100 SP. The way we seem to deal with this is just using 2C to armor the super or just hard baiting it. Meaty 2C oki seems really useful against her, as you don't have to worry about wake-up super most of the time with it.

That's all I got for now, but I'll have more after I get more matches in with Rath and LK.

Make sure to avoid as many counter hits as possible in this matchup more than others, as two CHs is the end of the round for Liz. Get into the habit of recognizing when you took a bad jump or air dash arc and DON'T PRESS ANYTHING. I can not stress enough how much this has been saving me when I play against Margaret.

For neutral...awakened Agis are somewhat useful (especially SB to completely gimp her approach and bring her closer), but you have to use them sparingly as they will lose to sweep and spear. B Zio is okay at times, but she can get a free card off of you using this more often than not. SB is relatively fine, but the spots where you'd be able to use it will rarely ever punish anything. Just try to work your way in and avoid taking big hits, as her defensive options aren't great against Liz.

So when you do get in, watch her meter. This generally won't happen until she hits awakening, but Margaret can always react to or call out something with a super during Thanatos pressure and be entirely safe with 100 SP. The way we seem to deal with this is just using 2C to armor the super or just hard baiting it. Meaty 2C oki seems really useful against her, as you don't have to worry about wake-up super most of the time with it.

That's all I got for now, but I'll have more after I get more matches in with Rath and LK.

Okay. I figured you definitely can't zone her full screen because, spears and stuff. It was my first time fighting a really good Margaret.

I just started learning Liz again so I have to learn her new stuff and better combos.

I'm not really sure if it's just me... but do a lot of Margaret players seem to rely on her A.O.A. for any mix-up? Honestly I've seen quite a few simply spam the move out of wakeup like it's written in the instruction manual for them to do that.

Surprisingly it doesn't take too long to grow used to, and the recovery is enough for me to set up a good combo (4k pre-awakened).