Anne

[P4AU] Aigis Q&A Thread

P4U2_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

As the title suggests. Ask a question, get an answer! If you see a question you're knowledgeable about feel free to share. If you are not sure you're qualified to answer something please do not provide answers, we don't want people learning the wrong things here ^_^

Vanilla thread with some still relevant information: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5187-p4a-aigis-qafaq-thread/

Hey people, I've been doing some soul searching on regards to who I want to play in Ultimax, since this will be my first time seriously getting into Persona.

Anyways, in P4A, I didn't like Aigis. I primarily play high mobility mixup based characters, and Aigis fit the bill perfectly. The unfortunate part is that she took everything I like about the character archetyple and bastardized it. Her mixup was simply Orgia into j.B > 2AB xN until Orgia ran out. It was entirely safe and if anything went wrong she could just use Megido to make it safe. Not exactly ideal for someone who likes having varied options for opening people up.

So my questions are: Has Ultimax granted Aigis new ways of opening people up? Is she less flowcharty once she's in?

I know she is weaker than she was before, but still strong. I'd be willing to put in the time if they made her less autopilot.

She's actually gotten stronger and gained more mobility options. Once P4A advanced past the basics, Aigis became less flowchart-y with strong variations and tri jumps j.B > j.C type mix up and j.2B > fuzzy strings and air turn j.2B mix up and so on. Now she gets an extra boost so she can jump cancel in block strings and boost again. Megido was also unsafe in P4A (-4, but the last hit is easy to IB) and now it's -8 or so.

So, basically she wasn't flowchart-y in the last game(5B > j.B/2AB was actually OS-blockable and IBing 5B would make it not a true blockstring) once you got past a basic level, and she got more options now.

AnneIFrank chatted about this once -- long story short, she's a less linear character this time at the cost of less damage (which was a given for everyone). You have a reason to go into and stay in Orgia, more chances to play vs. block while Orgia regenerates, and -- praise Jesus -- a useful 2C. If you master her past the flowchart-type basics, she can become a flying unblockable.

I think part of the popularity of the auto-pilot mix-up in P4A was the need to conserve Orgia due to the cost per boost/backdash/Megido, and the flowchart worked as a good base, since it gave you your hit-confirm into the double Megido combo and let you deactivate safely. (Until you met people who knew how to block the chart....) I knew Orgia lasted longer this time but it's hard to explain how much longer -- it just feels very different. You have more mix-up options and chances to be creative due to the double boost and changes to gauge consumption. 5B > 5C still works for activating and deactivating on a blocking opponent but you can also activate at range and use the extended Orgia time, double boost, air evasive action, and tri-jumps to close in rather than the old 5AA > 22B > j.C route.

And I'm not sure I'd say she's weaker, unless damage is your only concern. You have more opportunities for combos since you won't lose all of your Orgia on mix-up > double Megido. So damage per combo is down, but Aigis herself still nets crazy good damage for 25 meter, anywhere on screen.

I was looking through the wiki and saw j.2C has body attribute. Could it be used as an anti anti-air or is throwing it out asking for a broken persona?

Also did the first hit of j.A lose its overhead property?

What are you guys using to catch jumpers? Both on wakeup and the people who just hold up im having a really hard time dealing with that as a newbie aigis. Any ideas on how to confirm on jumpers so i dont have to end pressure to call it out? Also i always watch good aigis players comboing off air to air j.C but whenever i try to super jump they always seem to tech and i get blown up for it.

If you safe jump properly after your combos, you should easily catch people jumping. If they're blocking, 5B>sweep will always hit them if they're holding up back. If you're struggling comboing off the j.C, try to react to the counter hit indications and then confirm.

I was looking through the wiki and saw j.2C has body attribute. Could it be used as an anti anti-air or is throwing it out asking for a broken persona?

Also did the first hit of j.A lose its overhead property?

j.2C is too slow to be used like that ;; Pretty sure j.A still has first hit overhead but I could be wrong, I'll doublecheck later.

Yeah j.A is totally still first hit overhead.

When they hit the ground after megido you need to jump. But the safe jump timings feel a bit different in this version. But that's usually the timing.

When they hit the ground after megido you need to jump. But the safe jump timings feel a bit different in this version. But that's usually the timing.

what about after normal megido pickup into 2A j.A j.B grenades can you make that a safe jump?

what about after normal megido pickup into 2A j.A j.B grenades can you make that a safe jump?

Pick up with 2B instead of 2A. Yes, you get a safejump by just jumping with they tech, you can usually just hold up and it works. You can also yous boost j.B or trijump j.B or cross up tri jump j.C to create a DP safe mix up. It's all in the timing.

Pick up with 2B instead of 2A. Yes, you get a safejump by just jumping with they tech, you can usually just hold up and it works. You can also yous boost j.B or trijump j.B or cross up tri jump j.C to create a DP safe mix up. It's all in the timing.

sounds cool but whats a trijump lol

When you're in orgia, you do an IAD motion and then go to down forward. It looks like a triangle, you can use it to cross up with air turn. Phrase comes from MvC2, since it's very similar to MvC style airdash mix up.

When you're in orgia, you do an IAD motion and then go to down forward. It looks like a triangle, you can use it to cross up with air turn. Phrase comes from MvC2, since it's very similar to MvC style airdash mix up.

must be why i knew the phrase but forgot what i meant thanks for the info!

So, I'm having trouble with the basic bnbs. Right now my biggest frustration is connecting anything after j.2B in the combo: 5AAAA > j.66> j.2B> j.B > 66> 5B > jc> j.A > j.B > j.2B

Any tips? I've been trying to delay the first 66 since I usually cross over when I don't.

Was happily surprised by the new feeling of Orgia after spending the past few weeks trying to learn the original P4A. But these combos are out of my league at this time.

slight delay with the airdash, and hit the j.2B ASAP. If you delay too much the combo doesn't work for whatever reason

If you can't do the combo, just do the j.2B, 22B when you land, and you get a safejump or mix up if timed right.

Thank you. I've been able to hit 5AAAA > j.66> j.2B > j.B > 66 > 5B > 2C > 22B > 236D a few times now.

It's all about hitting that j.2B ASAP as you said. After getting comfortable with that (which took me about an hour to figure out lol), the combo comes together. Though, I'm not sure I'd risk screwing it up in an actual match when you can go for Orgia mix up so easily. I assume that's why I haven't seen it used much videos.

Out of curiosity, will the Aigis Dustloop wiki for Ultimax be updated any time soon?

It has to be updated by users, or myself. I'm a bit too busy lately (to even do the combo thread at that) so make sure to ask about until somebody decides to work on that.

Thank you. I've been able to hit 5AAAA > j.66> j.2B > j.B > 66 > 5B > 2C > 22B > 236D a few times now.

It's all about hitting that j.2B ASAP as you said. After getting comfortable with that (which took me about an hour to figure out lol), the combo comes together. Though, I'm not sure I'd risk screwing it up in an actual match when you can go for Orgia mix up so easily. I assume that's why I haven't seen it used much videos.

More or less. There's also some weird character inconsistencies too. It's good to get the orgia knockdown and extra damage, but it's not needed with how weird it can be.

It has to be updated by users, or myself. I'm a bit too busy lately (to even do the combo thread at that) so make sure to ask about until somebody decides to work on that.More or less. There's also some weird character inconsistencies too. It's good to get the orgia knockdown and extra damage, but it's not needed with how weird it can be.

I might be able to do it. What do I need to do?

im trying to really pick up Aigis but i had a question about her Orgia mobility, i can see how people do it with j.C crossup like in:

http://youtu.be/Xdg0p-MMB_s?t=3m13s

I'm still practicing actually getting it out while trying to move in but im not sure how to do it consistently and how do it it at such an angle as in the video, any tips tricks or resources i can look at would be very helpful

im trying to really pick up Aigis but i had a question about her Orgia mobility, i can see how people do it with j.C crossup like in:

http://youtu.be/Xdg0p-MMB_s?t=3m13s

I'm still practicing actually getting it out while trying to move in but im not sure how to do it consistently and how do it it at such an angle as in the video, any tips tricks or resources i can look at would be very helpful

basically just do an IAD motion (9 6) and hit AC right after you hit 6.

so basically IAD airturn

It's pretty godlike but there are a lot ways around it, people can evade on the ground, jump airgrab etc