Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecta1Eastside

[P4AU] Labrys Q/A Thread

In standard combo routes would it generally be better to end in string oki or 214c? For example in, [5aa > 5b > 2ab > 214c or 22a] I've been using 214c mostly because I feel like it adds a good amount of damage and string oki gets DP'd a lot, is a there a generally accepted "better" ender or should I just mix it up however I like?

On lower axe levels (gray/blue/green), its better to end in string oki [22x series]. It gives you some control over the opponent's wake up options. If you land a crouching confirm, do 5aa >2b >j.b >j.b >j.c >j.214b. If its 2a crouching confirm, do 2aa >5B >236a >6a > 214a.

If they have 50 meter, they probably can use the new evade cancel to escape the unblockable.

Edit: Just tried it, yeah you can spend 50 meter to evade out of it.

is there a full changelist from the first game for her somewhere? Labrys was pretty much the only reason I played the first as long as I did and I'm uncertain if I want to spend money on this one.

Someone told me she doesn't have as much stun so her her 236236C/D is harder to land after long combos. Maybe they meant J.214A/B super?

Someone told me she doesn't have as much stun so her her 236236C/D is harder to land after long combos. Maybe they meant J.214A/B super?

Really it's mainly after 214A that she can't super as well. 236236C is actually much better for long combos now, but the speed change to 236236D made it sketchy in certain stupid-long combos with 214A/B ender

Hey fellow labrys players, I've been struggling to figure out how to really play my main due to all these changes ruining my old approach and ways to pressure and bait. Firstly the shrinking of her j.A's hitbox behind has stopped my IABD j.A, and many cases of hitting my opponent in the air with my back turned when I need a fast confirm. The new 5AA consistently whiffs airborne characters and loss of jump cancelling off it has hurt my hitconfirming/burst baiting in cases when 2B would be too slow to use

I'll record some locals and online matches soon, I could really use critique and advice. My skype and psn are xXKcinXx if anyone would like to play matches as well

Hey fellow labrys players, I've been struggling to figure out how to really play my main due to all these changes ruining my old approach and ways to pressure and bait. Firstly the shrinking of her j.A's hitbox behind has stopped my IABD j.A, and many cases of hitting my opponent in the air with my back turned when I need a fast confirm. The new 5AA consistently whiffs airborne characters and loss of jump cancelling off it has hurt my hitconfirming/burst baiting in cases when 2B would be too slow to use

I'll record some locals and online matches soon, I could really use critique and advice. My skype and psn are xXKcinXx if anyone would like to play matches as well

Heya.

I will wait for footage to give any real advice to you. Just gonna mention that there is a Labrys Skype group if you want in.  :3

Is there some way to set up SB Brutal Impact? Oh, how I want to see someone get hit by it.

Is there some way to set up SB Brutal Impact? Oh, how I want to see someone get hit by it.

someone got hit by it due to it hitting their persona and then them walking into the extended hitbox and dying from 70%hp.

As for actual setups, pretty sure it's still notgud. 120 frame unblockables are really helpful, arcsys.

How suffering is S. Labrys? I messed with her challenge and rotating in place with Guillotine Axe for your shadow combo is almost too much to pass up.

S.Labrys is pretty bad. You lose damage and lose defensive options from your already small arsenal in burst(and CA pretty much). SB doesn't really improve her offense like it does for some characters like S.Narukami/S.Chie and SB combos don't really do anything more damaging than her normal red axe combos. Only plus for S.Labrys is like a gimmicky unblockable and on demand red axe from any axe level + some damage but neither really make up for what she loses.

I disagree, she's not nearly as bad as some Labrys players make it out be. 

S. Labrys's advantage over normal Labrys is pressure & mixup. For example, one of my staple combos is confirming  .....>2AB>Berserk>5A>2B>..... then finishing off with air guillotine. At this point, you 3 choices once you hit the ground:

-2AA & go for low (.....>j.214>hit ground>2AA>2A>5B>2AA hits/captures>[5]B>.....)

-Go for overhead (.....>j.214>hit ground>AB214>.....)

-Go for crossup   (.....>j.214>hit ground>2AA> dash through your opponent, etc...)

The overhead hits on the exact frame your opponent wakes up & touches the ground, so if he's not blocking (or blocking low), jumping or mashing, you start your new combo from there.

If you think the opponent is gonna DP or Super on wakeup, the crossup protects you from all of that, then you get free hits. Of course, all of these work from blue axe & guessing right once essentially brings you to red axe (with leftover SP).

Ooh... I got carried away!

S. Labrys definitely has some good stuff. Depends on how dedicated you are on playing her (I've been playing her ever since Ultimax arrived. How embarrasing).

Only plus for S.Labrys is like a gimmicky unblockable and on demand red axe from any axe level + some damage but neither really make up for what she loses.

This is true. Never ever ever use the (gimmicky) unblockable is you're gonna try her. It depletes all of your Berserk SP pool for... not much damage & no axe level gain.

I have problem approaching my opponent. A Yu Narumaki can swing at me merrily with no consequences. They pressure me mercilessly and i really do not see my retaliating tools since my fstest normals are kinda slow and short. I'm thinking of dropping Labby but i love her combos and damage. Any tips ?

D-D-Don't drop Labrys just yet! (For the sake of Labrys players...)

The key to winning agaisnt Yu is patience.

When being pressured in a corner, the best thing you can do is just block. But a lot of Narukami players need to go in the air at some point; I usually wait until that happens, then launch a 2B. Chances are you'll get a counter hit too, so follow up with 5D (x2) & do whatever you please from there.

However, good Narukami players will use a more ground based pressure, in which he only has 1 split-second opening (you'll start to notice this when he starts finishing his combos with his persona, or when he back-dashes away from you). In this tight opening, 2AB usally does the trick 'cause it's fast, hits low & covers a lot of ground. Sometimes, you're able to 5B instead (it has more reach than you think!).

Yu mid-screen is much easier. He'll try to close in on you with his thunderball stuff, so be careful.

If you time it right, use your chain knuckle (the SB version makes you invincible to projectiles).

If he jumps to do a thunderball, run straight up to him & launch 2B (use with caution mind you).

If he starts respecting you, throw out some orbs & slowly close in on him.

Yu might be a bit tough, but he's manageable.

Hehe, I wish you good luck! Needless to say, but the best way to get better at any fighting game is to just play them (with good players of course!).

What I stated are just main points that I personally keep in mind when going against Yu. Then you just improvise the rest; it'll come naturally to you, like you said.

*Edits* Oh, my apologies. I totally misunderstood you. I know I hate being misunderstood myself, so I hope I didn't offend you!

So, I decided to pick up my old main again...but it's been a very long time since I last played her in Arena. Is there any I should be practicing first? Specific axe level combos, oki, neutral etc?

So, I decided to pick up my old main again...but it's been a very long time since I last played her in Arena. Is there any I should be practicing first? Specific axe level combos, oki, neutral etc?

If I'm not too late~

Labrys didn't change that much. You can pretty much transfer all your combos from Arena to Ultimax & still do them. Some may need optimising though.

Her oki is still the same, but you can choose between 22A or Orb now depending on the situation.

Neutral is roughly the same; just learn the range of your attacks & use each one accordingly. A nifty addition though is that you can backdash after 5B; on block, you backdash way out of anyone's reach!

Hmm, what you should really practice though is her red axe combos. Those are the only ones which are different enough to practice, but even then they are simple enough to learn & execute. While you're at it, you can learn a couple of red axe Fatal combos & a couple of Chain Arm Fatal combos (because 2 is all you really need!).

And that's pretty much it. If you plan on playing Labrys (S), I could help you some more.

Hi. I've seen improvements on my labrys and now i can handle myself much better. Nevertheless i think i'm lacking on knowledge about the orb and her various persona moves except for standing c which i usually use as a poke and a mean to keep my opponent on place. Can anybody help?