Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "Operation time~!" (Updated: 3/23/15)

Seems like the most 'optimal' AA CH 2B combo based off of the videos I posted yesterday is:

CH 2B > 2[C] > (66) > 5C > IAD > j.A/j.B > j.C > (66) > 5C > 236B~Cx5

Deals at least 2.9k IIRC. If in the corner, instead of following up 236B with C shots, end it with 236A. I haven't tested it out myself since but I'm guessing throwing throwing in another rep of [5C > 236B] wouldn't work? The white netplay Naoto always ended his corner CH 2B combos with 236A.

I think it just depends on whether you want to spend bullets or not. Personally I prefer using shots ender for extra dmg, meter gain, and safejump oki. They usually refill near the end of the next combo anyway.

Id there one without max AoA?

Of course not. AoAs with a D finisher always require the full 18 hits.

EDIT: Oh wait, I might have misunderstood your question, were you asking for another solution to Challenge #25 that doesn't use AoA?

can somebody help me posting notation of the most common optimal combos Fatal counter mid screen and corner with naoto ? i dont need anything fancy, just want to know what exactly you guys commonly do when you see that you got a FC combo punish or 2[C] or random fang B mid screen or corner =]

Off 2[C] FC, try to go into the blight loop Diarmuid posted a while back (http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9242-p4au-naoto-shirogane-combo-thread-operation-time-wip-updated-9214/?p=851406). It is pretty hard to do, but well worth learning since you can pretty much murder people for trying to DP you. If started midscreen, you'll have to do a dashing blight to do the rest of the combo. You can input C Blight as 2366C in order to get a dashing Blight to come out easier. The rest of the combo is mostly getting the opponent at the right height with 5C, and delaying Blight after 5C. Doing a microdash 5C can help to get them at the proper height, as well as help buffering the IAD.

Off less optimal starters starters (2A, 5AA) you can always at least do 5AA > C Blight > dash 5C > IAD jC > land 5C > delay sweep > C Blight > 5C > delay B Fang > 5C > 214A~Cx5 (optional 6D > 236236AB or Awakening super). Off Fear fuzzy guard (blocked jC, rising jA, falling jC), start with 5B > C Blight instead. Off 2A starter, the combo is the same, but omit the Sweep on the second rep of Blight and just do 5C > delay C Blight instead.

Off B Fang FC, do 236B~D, C Blight, 5C > IAD jC > 5C > delay sweep > C Blight > 5C > 236B~Cx5. Same combo should work off of SB Fang FC, which is necessary to actually Fatal punish reversals with little recovery (Yukiko and Adachi DP off the top of my head). In that case, add a sweep before the first C Blight, and you can do 236B~D, 5C, 214A~Cx5 at the end instead.

Same combos should work midscreen and corner. Oh and I goofed up my last post. 2A FC starter is the same, but omit the Sweep on second rep of blight and just do ...IAD jC, 5C, delay C Blight instead.

man, these mid screen FC combos are really hard to master, in corner i do the 3 fang B loop ended with 5C > jB> JC> jc JB> JC> JD> Air fangB[1hit] Super if i want damage, let the air fang B do 2 hits to land faster and setup a trap while the other guy is still falling or end with fang B, C shots, 6D if i want to remove fate counters, its way more easier and the damage is the same compared to all that fancy combo with blight and IAD

You dash on the 5C after Venom Zapper. Microdash 5C, try delaying it a bit also the Iad J.C is height dependent so the delay should help that too.

You only need to do dashing Blight if you get a FC 2[C] midscreen. In the corner, you can just link Blight after 2[C] with no dash instead. If you're willing to sacrifice damage you can just do 2[C] FC > dash 5AA into a double Blight combo instead, which is much easier to do. Edit edit: scratch that, 2[C] FC > dashing sweep > C Blight > etc. works for the full combo and is much easier to do. Only lose out on about 40 damage.

On that note, it looks like you can get the triple blight combo off FC 5C as well. FC 5C > DC Sweep > C Blight > dash 5C > IAD jC > 5C > delay C Blight > dash 5C > IAD jC > 5C > delay C Blight > 5C > delay 236B > (ender) works and does similar damage to the FC 2[C] starter. Pretty nice to punish moves with Fatal recovery like Kanji DP, Jesus-kun D slide, Margaret DP, etc. Edit: wow, also works if you do Sweep FC as the starter. Sweep FC > C Blight > etc. Can't really imagine doing that unless you hard call out Mitsuru B coup or something though, but nice to have the confirm on hand.

Yo Zeromus, I know it's a bit tricky considering poison damage, but can you estimate the damage difference btwn. the triple and double blight combos? I personally like the less strict timing on the double blight combo (especially online) but if the damage difference is significant I might take the time to make that combo my consistent FC punish.

As Naoto we luck out on having a nice way to test poison damage. Set fate counter to default to 0. Life regen off . Do the combo then kill with hamaon. Subtract the dmg hamaon dealt from that character life total and you have the damage for that combo.

As Naoto we luck out on having a nice way to test poison damage. Set fate counter to default to 0. Life regen off . Do the combo then kill with hamaon. Subtract the dmg hamaon dealt from that character life total and you have the damage for that combo.

Poison does character specific damage though (and that's the way I found out ^^): 1.6% HP per tick (and if you let poison run out, it's three ticks per Blight for every version).

Didn't know poison damage was char-specific; good to know. So if each blight does 4.8% of their max HP, that means even 8500 health characters take about 800 extra damage on double blight, and about 1200 on triple blight combos.

You have to slightly delay the 5C after Blight. 5C has to hit near the top of the opponent's sprite, while Hikuna is already out. With SB Blight the timing is a bit earlier, but more lenient as the opponent is already at about the proper height afterwards. Doing a microdash 5C can help with the timing, as well as help you get close enough to do the IAD stuff afterwards. Oh yeah, and the blight combos are FC-only, so make sure to set Fatal Counter on in training mode when you practice them.

Diarmuid, do you have any notations for the S. Naoto combos? Trying to get some of them down, but confused on where exactly to trap cancel or if stuff needs to be delayed, etc. I've settled on easier versions for now, but I'd really like to get them down so I can optimize my S. Naoto.