Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto vs. Ken/Koro

This guy just outpkes me most of the time and it's hard to get any breathing room, all thanks to Koromaru. Plus I can't tell which parts of his strings to disrespect but I guess I can solve that by rewatching my matches and experimenting in Training Mode. First time in a while I felt clueless when it comes to P4U matchups outside of Margaret.

Yeah I'm not really sure what to do in this matchup either. Seems like he can bully us pretty hard with his buttons + koro and then play with himself with 20+ second blockstrings. I try to hit the dog whenever possible to stop them from just advancing mindlessly, but easier said than done. 

His AoA has FC recovery, so it's good to know an FC throw/5A combo to punish. But, if they use the dog properly, they can make it safe on block anyway. :v:

Try to learn the timing to 2[C] his DP as he's falling down. That way, you get an FC punish while he's in the air, before he can super cancel. Pretty sure you can get triple blight loop off it, but I haven't messed with it in a while. Air hit FC 2[C] > 5C > IAD jB jC > 5C > delay Sweep > 236C > 665C > IAD jC > 5C > delay 236C > 5C > IAD jC > 5C > delay 236C > 5C > 236B > 5C > 214A~Cx5 > (6D~236236AB/SBM > 236236ABxN etc). There were some other punish combos posted in the combo thread.