Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yukari vs Adachi

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to this matchup. Information will be added to the main post as information comes. Keep in mind that strats will be changed as the game evolves.

The Neutral Game
  • Long Range

RESERVED

• Mid Range

RESERVED

• Close Range

RESERVED

Offense
  • Your Offensive Options

RESERVED

• His Offensive Options

RESERVED

Defense
  • Your Defensive Options

RESERVED

• His Defensive Options

RESERVED

Match Summary

RESERVED

Played against some Yukari today, thought I'd share some thoughts, though I don't know many of Yukari's normals, just some basic fundamentals of the matchup so far, feel free to correct if there's any mistakes. 

The gist of the matchup is, if he gets a life lead, it's very difficult to come back without a good read, as Adachi doesn't have to do anything. If Adachi gets in, his pressure is extremely deadly, especially in Awakening. You have few options when cornered or rushed down besides DP or Jump out. You can very easily just knock out Persona cards if Adachi chooses his ranged options, as they are lacking compared to your projectiles. If he is Persona broken, he is a potato with few options.  :psyduck:

Here's some properties of his moves and options you may have. 

5AAA

- 5AA --> A (Slide) is not seamless, you may be able to DP on reaction. 

- The followups to a blocked 5AAA are not usually frame seamless or safe(5AAAA is tackle), the usual ones are Gunshot and 5C (Magatsu-Izanagi Stab). 

j.C 

- Magatsu Izanagi air swipe.

- Kind of similar to Azrael j.D. 

- Good for his IAD pressure. Blockable low. 

If you get Counter-Hit by this move, bursting is wise if he has meter or Awakening. 

2B

- Air kick.

- Jump cancellable on block and hit.

- Leads to combo and knock down on hit. 

- Long recovery on whiff.

- Used in Adachi's blockstrings.

- Adachi 2B -> j.5C brings you both neutral upon his landing when you block it on the ground.  

2C / j.2C
- Magatsu Izanagi flies in the air at a 50 degree angle and grabs you.

- Corner carries you in combos. 
- Not too good as an AA.  :psyduck: He will likely rely more on 2B. 

Adachi 236A/B/EX
- Stance --> Tackle.

- Stance can be cancelled into from any normal.

- Adachi can do Persona moves, evasive moves, specials in this stance.

- He cannot, however block. DP out if he is close. 

- The tackle follow up is negative on block, to the point of him being in counter-state. Punish. 

Revolver shot. 214A/B/EX 

- Once startup is complete, it is an instant travel projectile that hits low. 

- -1f on block. Good for frametraps while he is in close.

- Good for Adachi on ending blockstrings. 

- Beware of swarming the screen while inside it's range, being CH by it can lead to huge damage.

- EX version tracks, and hits further than B, bounces on air hit, extends combos, and stuns for extremely long time on CH. 

Adachi 5D
- Ziodyne.

- Often done after Adachi blue bursts. 

- Just 5B or it on reaction if he does it at neutral.  :psyduck:

Cross Slash (2D/j.2D)
- Does 2K/2.5K(Counter  :toot: :toot: ).

- This move is useful for Adachi for random, absurd damage across the screen while you shoot shit at him. 

- He can do it while super jumping a bunch of times, after an airdash, instantly after a jump, or on top of your head while he passes over.  

- If he does it on the ground or while facing you in the air, Magatsu Izanagi does it in front of the enemy.

- If Adachi Air Turns and does j.2D, Magatsu Izanagi will do it behind the enemy(Unless done from absolute full screen), which makes it harder to punish. 

- If you run forward or airdash away on react to this move, you will not be hit due to the longer startup. 
- Or, you can block it, and get a card off Adachi. This is especially easy because you have so many different ranged attacks and projectiles. 

- One situation is Yukari's 236A/B against Adachi j.2D. This move has a hitbox above Yukari while active, but not shortly after

- This leaves Yukari vulnerable to Adachi's 2D in recovery for a normal hit. Throwing anything else that does not hit Adachi or above you can leave you unsafe and dying very quickly.  :toot: Beware! 

Adachi 214C/D/EX | Ghastly Wail (214214C/D/EX) 
- Command Grab series.

- 214C/214214C: Very fast command grab.

- 214D; Throw Invulnerable, longer range, but slower, leads to meterless combo on Fatal Counter:toot:

- EX is best of both worlds. 

- Super version is Awakening only. 

Adachi can super cancel this command grab leading to corner carry and his buffs.  :toot:

- Adachi can use his 236A stance to tick grab you out of normals close up. 

- Super versions put you in Fear at the end.

- If you are in Fatal recovery, or are feared, or Adachi has his Mandala buff, and get hit by this move, you will be hit for upwards of 2.5k by the super versions. 

Atom Smasher (236236C/D/EX)

- Tracks you anywhere on the screen.

- C version is a reversal-super, invulnerable at startup. 

- D version, invincible for longer, but slower startup, more damage. 

- EX version is best of both. 

- This is Adachi's way to end a match when you're very low health across the screen, as he can do this on reaction to any attacks that doesn't recover very fast (236A).  :psyduck:

- He can OMC this move and run up and pressure you while you're still being hit. 

- This move will often trade with any projectiles you have on the Screen, thus ending this super early and allowing you to recover, and costing Adachi a card:psyduck:

Magatsu Mandala (214214 A/B/EX)

- FWOOFWOOFWWOOFWOO air pillar.

- Awakening only. 

- May be used as a surprise Anti Air. 

- A version comes out very fast. B version slow but higher damage, EX best of both worlds.

- Both are punishable on Whiff or Block.

Buffs all of Adachi's persona attacks to give you a status effect, which stack on each other.

End the match or Adachi can kill you extremely quickly if he has this buff and is on top of you.

:f:  :f:  :f: Adachi loses all his buffs when he is Persona Broken.  :b: :b: :b:

Instant Kill
- Throws your ass in the TV, motherfucker.

- 100+ frame startup. Fully Invincible startup.

Hits Full Screen. 

- Blockable high or low. 

- Jumpable on reaction. 

- Be careful of throwing things out.  :psyduck:

That was helpful, though I can't help but feel this info would be better suited in a wiki, at least compared to posting it as a strategy. Mainly because it is a rundown on what the character movelist is.

He's a fresh character, so I thought I'd sort of introduce the important stuff. The wiki for him isn't up yet either. 

This matchup seems iffy. Long range he has nothing he can do to Yukari that would make her worry too much since she can shoot his persona all day if he lets her. Close up it becomes a bit different since Adachi can put on some mean pressure and Yukari is kinda lacking in close range. I still need to play this matchup a bit more though.

So I recently played the match up and I found out two interesting things. If you ever see an Adachi go for full screen ziodyne for some reason, 236A on reaction will beat it. The other is, if you notice him going for Atom Smasher to punish your zoning, with the proper read you can punish it with IK. I don't think you can punish with IK on reaction or do it after Atom Smasher is finished but I haven't really tested it yet though so I can't confirm either way. They aren't really the most useful pieces of tech but I thought it was worth sharing. 

If you ever see an Adachi go for full screen ziodyne for some reason, 236A on reaction will beat it. The other is, if you notice him going for Atom Smasher to punish your zoning, with the proper read you can punish it with IK. I don't think you can punish with IK on reaction or do it after Atom Smasher is finished but I haven't really tested it yet though so I can't confirm either way. They aren't really the most useful pieces of tech but I thought it was worth sharing.

Ziodyne punishing- 5B is safer and works as well, it's faster so you shouldn't need to use Feather Arrow

Atom Smasher- if he's trying to read something that's not there, I suppose you could punish, but if he actually gets you during a move, that won't really matter. The SB version is pretty safe/fast though, so most Adachi players will go for that instead

Yeah I figured, honestly I don't expect it to ever actually happen in match but it's a dumb fun thing that I thought was worth knowing. Also after messing around with it, you can punish SB Atom Smasher with IK but you need to know it's absolutely coming so you can time it properly. Sooooo it won't ever happen. oh well, a boy can dream of a world full of Yukari IK punishes