Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi-C

Looking for new attack ideas. (AC)

Ok, well, I've been using Baiken for a while and trying to utilize some anti-air moves, on the ground and in the air. So, here's my ideas. They work sometimes, and sometimes they don't. OP: 5S / 41236H~S / 6P / Guard. First: Basic IAD Tatami (forward or back). Kind of useless unless the opponent is air dashing with you really. Could make them stop and guard though if their on the ground and within hit range. Second: Youzenan? 623S (air). Works great as a brake in IAD, and if the opponent is unwary of you doing it, there's a good chance at hitting them. Works somewhat against charging Sol looking to command throw. Works in a super low IAD. Third: IAD K. Best as meaty as read in the Baiken Strat post. Also used during a poke. If it hits, the opponent goes airbourne. Look for air combos. Fourth: J.s. Well, we all kno this one. Fifth: 2H. While not a great anti-air, what else we have? Anyone know what moves to follow up with if it hits a ground enemy? 2D is too slow and trying to follow with a second 2H has low priority. Likely chance of being blocked again. Best bet is maybe 5S~2S~5H? Sixth: 41236H. Decent ground strike. Look for anti-air use with the follow-up S. Seventh: 63214K. Uhm... counter throw? No real good use unless you pop it out after 6K.

j.p actually makes good anti-air, at least against some characters. 2H is mildly useful against Jams that like throwing out Ryujins (236+k) randomly, or any other opponent that likes to IAD randomly. You can't do any follow ups, but it's pretty safe since Baiken's hit box is small as hell while she does it. Not really AA, but suzuran makes for good burst baiting after you launch your opponent into the air. Also, well timed back dash.

hello everybody, I've started to play baiken recently but I have a suggestion how to use 2hs. Not sure if it works in middle screen , but you can mix up your opponent in the corner : 2hs>throw>corner combo. It's realy hard to avoid throw if you blocked 2hs, becouse this move is looks like OMFG +100 frames.If they eat this you cant follow uo with a throw too. Ofcourse you should not spam it and use it as your oki Ps: I was about to post a question about utility of 2hs , so lets discuss it here =)

actually 2HS isn't that good as it's normal on block(neither high nor low), and it can be SB'ed(that removes the +Frames) easily on the last hit then punished(keep in mind that Baiken dies fast). Well sure if you use it rarely thats ok. As for it's uses, thats written above mostly. Follow-ups(on hit) can be: 6K/5HS/2HS/throw, there are other followups but I think those are the best.

pre-emptive j.p or air throwing works too you can't follow up 2h with much because it only leaves baiken at +4 if they don't IB, allowing them to escape or reversal almost anything she does afterwards because her normals suck.

i don't know if the guys i play against aren't used to baiken, or what, but flying around with your fist out in the air seems to work fairly well in scoring random knockdowns.

Hey can someone give me a new tip on what to do after tatami? About everyone I play can mash out tech after launching them into the air. Of course, i've practically trained myself to trail and j.S, but after they tech, its gonna whiff and they can score a hit instead. Should I trail and use a different move like j.D or run forward and do something else?

Against most characters after landing a tatami you can follow it up with j.PSD. Some characters you need to super jump to land the j.P. For a few characters you'll want to FRC the mat and j.SD cause landing the j.P is either very hard and requires delayed timing when comboing into the mat (May, Dizzy, Bridget), or impossible (Baiken). Against Faust j.P will connect but the following j.S will whiff. Use j.PKD against him.

Alternatively for faust just combo into sweep instead of tatami mat gatling->2.d->jcancel->j.d->FRC->air dash->whatever. This also works on may.

I dont know if this post belongs here but the computer once had me in this funny @ss combo...I was fighting Baiken and she 2HS to something else and then back into 2HS...this went to about 5-7 hits...i felt like i was in the twilight zone...thought i'd share that with ya guys ^_^