Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaozzer

Chipp: impossible dust combos?

Been playing chipp for 6 months now, and i've only been able to pull off 2 rather weak ID. I saw an ID by Samitto and was wondering can anyone teach me how to do it? It goes like : D > j.d > j.d > *j.d (he did a double jump dust). With the last j.d chipp was able to land faster than the oponent and start another combo. I know it might sound very confusing so i will try to find a video link of that combo. Thanks in advance.

it's hard as hell. you have only a handfull of frames to trigger the impossible dust after j.D, j.D. after that you just land, d.s, combo. imo definitely not worth the trouble, way too hard. more often than not you will need the impossible dust from far away (iad.j.k or iad.j.623S) anyway.

Hey Yaozzer I see what your saying. I remeber performing this move before I didn't realize that it was an ID. I can't remeber how I did, but I know that did it before. My advice is to pay extremely close to what the player is doing and practice. It may be your only way to learn it.

You know, I was doing some experimenting like 2 months ago and found that you can set up some sexy ID combos on certain characters involving 6H for damage. The easiest is Pot, and it went something like:

Dust > IAD j.D > delay a bit > 6H > j.k [1] [2] (not sure if this notation is right, I mean to let both hits connect with intent to drag him closer to the ground) > j.k [1] [2] > j.D > Alpha Blade. I was able to get around 100 on Pot with this, and you could probably FRC the Alpha into a c.S > 5H > IAD j.P > j.D > Alpha for more damage if you thought it was worth it.

I got this to work on Axl and Slayer as well, but they were MUCH harder. I can't remember which character it was, but one of them felt almost frame perfect for spacing and timing the 6H after the IAD j.D (an IAD j.k works much easier out of the dust launch, but the damage is a bit lower by the way).

*Edit*

I had time to play again and practiced some of these. The D > IAD j.D requires really tight timing against anyone (like you'd have to do it immediately out of hitting with the D), so instead, go for D > IAD j.K to set it up. Due to the hitbox, you actually have time to delay plenty, which means you can hit-confirm easily, so go for the IAD > j.K as late as possible. This will get them to come down lower before they can tech. Then go for 6HS > j.D > Alpha, which can be FRCed for a loop if you want. You'll end in knockdown with proper timing, so you don't have to fidget with the 2 hit j.Ks in there to get them close to the ground, or put as much risk into timing the 6HS so you don't flub it. Overall, the input is easier, it seems to work on more characters, and it does about the same damage. : )

Totally disregarding everything that's been posted besides OP's post. I'll take the time to read everything after I've sobered up.

5D > FD/4P+K > j.K x2-3 > wait until they start to fall > rising j.D the moment you leave the ground > oki? (Easy as piss)

~ ~> 6HS > j.D > 236P (Easier than piss)

~ ~> j.K xN > j.D character-specific combo of your choice. (Depends who you're hitting)

~~> j.D > FD > j.K j.K > stuff/flail/etc (Tricky on some people ((my execution could be better, you be the judge)))

~~> j.D j.D > FD > j.D > falling j.D

that combo that OP was talking about at first. (I can't do it consistently. Might be worth it to save meter + get better damage.)

FD works as a replacement but is about as difficult to do as just double jumping.

My derp advice is to learn how people ID in the first place, then flail around in training mode if you have the time. I find that if I don't play people for awhile, that a little burst of play in training once in awhile helps keeps mostly everything fresh enough for next casuals...

:psyduck:

Randomness aside, you might find things that you are better than what you're doing now, or something that's more comfortable to use until you are used to the more difficult things.

Does anyone explain the timing to make ID Beta Blade work? I can get it randomly but I don't understand the spacing or timing for the IAD or the beta.

IMO it's easier to time when farther away, but that's just me.

If you're near max range of 5D, then IAD as soon as you can, but delay the DP until you're right under them. If it black-beats after, delay it more.

The closer you are, the more you have to delay the IAD instead of the DP. That's all that I can explain.

dust combos, all you need are 2-3:

close D, [9]D,D,D,S,HS, beta

close D, [7]D,D, dj.D, \/, S©,HS, iad.j.P,D,alpha or some other relaunch <- the doublejumping dust is instant. you hold 7 so you can doublejump with 9 and not get any accidental air dashes.

far D, iad.j.K or beta, \/, 6HS, air combo

I've been trying to pick up Chipp again and I can't get impossible dust IAD j.k 6hs to work at all. I think they tech before I can 6hs. I can land and jump again to connect j.d xx alpha but it won't knock down. Do you air dash as low as possible? I can get the one hit j.k and I'm doing it from far away so it's not range.

Does 6hs work in the corner?

Is there a video of someone doing it? Thanks

delay the instant air dash, you want to let the j.K hit as late as possible so the untech time is as long as possible. i would only do this dust combo from far away, and not in the corner, btw. i usually just do the old school 3x j.D, tj.S,HS,beta blade. if you feel fancy, you can try the [7]j.D,j.D,]7[ but make sure the 2nd j.D is jump canceled), dj.D, \/, relaunch. it's hard though, but you can go into all sorts of knockdown combos after it.