Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

I'm mostly teasing about the Tsubaki thing. As long as it's not 3-4 pages of "oh look Tsubaki sucks" I'm not worried.

Tsubaki is decent at best.

now let's move on.

The topic was OD Guard Cancel. We identified Tager, Hazama, and possibly Arakune and Tsubaki as good candidates for benefiting from this. Anyone else?

Tsubaki is decent at best.

now let's move on.

The topic was OD Guard Cancel. We identified Tager, Hazama, and possibly Arakune and Tsubaki as good candidates for benefiting from this. Anyone else?

It sounds like the Roll Cancel in P4U2, but spending a burst. I think this benefits everyone (if you wanna use it like a DP), but mostly after blocking moves with good blockstun.

If we get any sort of info for Relius, it -may- be good for him, since vinum has decent startup and is advantageous on trade, letting him set up UBs, but that's only if it gets a hitbox upgrade in OD. Kinda hard to tell when we dont know what's buffed in OD. Otherwise, its a led ley that puts him in OD. Kagura's could be good since I think you can buffer his charge super in the OD superflash, and it has like a 1f startup, so it WILL get someone off of you, especially since its like -3.

It sounds like the Roll Cancel in P4U2, but spending a burst. I think this benefits everyone (if you wanna use it like a DP), but mostly after blocking moves with good blockstun.

All universal mechanics benefit everyone, but how it affects balance is different. Some chars benefit more and some chars benefit less.  Some chars might be more vulnerable to GCODs and some might be less. Some chars might have stronger options after using it.

How about Makoto? Perhaps not with Particle Flare but how about Big Bang Smash? Note that I am posing this as a question as I am uncertain how good/bad BBS is at the moment. Noel's Fenrir is also a potential candidate with OD Guard Cancel.

It just depends if they change those DDs to be followupable in OD.  They did it with tsubaki's C DD.

PF already has an OD version that can't be followed up. You CAN follow up the normal one by going 3/3/0 only. 

I think OD BBS is good but I don't think it will particularly relate to ODGC.

OD fenrir followups.. corner only right now isn't it?

I'll take CP counters any day of the week. 5D anti air has been the greatest thing ever.

I personally would enjoy 6D being 1f invul again, along with Haku becoming a thinking man's (or woman's) character instead of the way he is now.

BBS already has an OD version that just buffs the damage from the projectile so it's not getting any stronger like DD's that aren't already buffed in OD.

BBS also has a long/unsafe startup. Very likely, if you OD cancel and go for BBS and you're opponent was still attacking, you'll get hit out of it.

iirc there was invul when shown in the location tests, i don't recall from more recent footage.

Hm, is there invincibility with ODGC?  If so, you might be able to reversal out of Amane's Level 3 Drill.

Speaking of Amane, was there any news for him? Out of curiousity

My problem is that sometimes i prefer getting a burst over an OD when i am in blockstun.. Like when Amane has a lvl 3 drill

Actually this brings up something that might be lost with the switch over to ODR unless it has some other sort of command besides A+B+C+D.

I mean it actually is sometimes an okay idea to burst out of blocking stuff if you don't have 50 heat to Counter Assault. Amane is the best example of this. Especially when he does Drill > OD > Drill > RC > Drill. That shit is terrifying.

I hope that it gets a new command like 4A+B+C+D.

Actually this brings up something that might be lost with the switch over to ODR unless it has some other sort of command besides A+B+C+D.

I mean it actually is sometimes an okay idea to burst out of blocking stuff if you don't have 50 heat to Counter Assault. Amane is the best example of this. Especially when he does Drill > OD > Drill > RC > Drill. That shit is terrifying.

I hope that it get a new command like 4A+B+C+D.

Don't forget that they were nerfing Lvl 3 drill's chip damage. I don't know to what degree, but as long as it's not letting Amane take out half your health bar with drill > rc > drill, they're going in the right direction.

Tbh, I also liked being able to burst blockstrings. I do think that bursting a blockstring rather than a combo should give a bit more back rather than just a neutral reset, which ODR does, but its also more risky than just bursting. Personal wishes is that ABCD while in blockstun gave you like a burst that put you into OD for a short duration, but then it would benefit those that get a boost to neutral while in OD (probably why I like it, probably why it doesnt work this way).

So maybe I'm just not paying attention well enough to GCOD, but is it flexible enough that you could get a decent OD fatal off it?  Like Terumi GCOD and then 6B?  You'd probably have to cut it short though since if I remember this right, GCOD time was decreased.

Don't forget that they were nerfing Lvl 3 drill's chip damage. I don't know to what degree, but as long as it's not letting Amane take out half your health bar with drill > rc > drill, they're going in the right direction.

I remember a tweet about lvl 3 drill that ended up being a hoax.

I also remember a tweet about Rachel that was spread as info when it was just a list of possible nerfs.

Probably the same. Also, seems like ODGC would handle the drill stuff pretty well anyway. 

So maybe I'm just not paying attention well enough to GCOD, but is it flexible enough that you could get a decent OD fatal off it?  Like Terumi GCOD and then 6B?  You'd probably have to cut it short though since if I remember this right, GCOD time was decreased.

You can't get a CH from an GCOD, the game prevents it (for obvious reasons)

Also, GCOD is super slow, i doubt you'd be able to hit anyone with 6B

And to answer one question from above, GCOD is fully invincible, like normal OD.

Problem: moves like amane's drills are very long active and a regular OD when baiting a burst is already unsafe to mashing or to moves that are longer active than the invul. from OD and it's superflash unless you have a reversal

You can't get a CH from an GCOD, the game prevents it (for obvious reasons)

Also, GCOD is super slow, i doubt you'd be able to hit anyone with 6B

And to answer one question from above, GCOD is fully invincible, like normal OD.

Characters with relatively fast FC starters will benefit hugely from this if they know their opponent's frame data, specifically recovery, really well.

Actually I may be wrong because I'm not sure if there are any FC moves that would start up fast enough. I guess that really depends on the active frames and recovery of the move that the opponent uses in pressure, though.

Like there are some bomb ass times to use ODR against certain characters. After the first hit of Ragna's 5D for example because the move has a total 29 frames of recovery. You would have to delay it slightly so the 7 frames of invuln you get allow the second hit of 5D to pass right through you. I guess he can special cancel it early so welp.

Maybe just after any character with a run type dashs' 5/2A if you KNOW you screwed up on the wrong end of a TRM setup you can just ODR the jab that you already pressed B+C at expecting an initial throw and punish the opponent's follow up throw when it whiffs through the OD invuln frames.

I already punish wakeup grabs with raw OD if I am feeling super ballsy, but ODR will make it so that I can punish TRM if I am correct in all of this. Not sure if I am though. It's really funny because if you grab them after they whiff a grab they will be in TRM state.

What are the places you are expecting to be ODR'd out of?

Just to clarify, Kagura's [4]1236 C Super is 2 frames of startup (1 before flash, and another after the flash).

It doesn't have any invul. so a meaty hit can hit him out of it after the flash.

Problem: moves like amane's drills are very long active and a regular OD when baiting a burst is already unsafe to mashing or to moves that are longer active than the invul. from OD and it's superflash unless you have a reversal

amane's drills have long active but also pretty good recovery. GCOD is longer duration which I think means longer invuln too. I'm thinking if you GCOD when the drill is coming out or even before it you'll get a punish.

I'm not sure what the deal with the frame data is, but it seems like lvl 1 and lvl 2 of his drills have vastly different active frames from lvl 3?  it seems like with lvl 3 if you did GCOD pretty early you could punish. Lvl 1 and 2 seem a bit different. Not sure.