Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

(Team Spooky) Arc System Works Game Legend Lord Knight's P4 GAMEPLAY RELATED ONLY Questions Thread

Tried to ask you on twitter, when it comes to learning the non-DP fuzzy jump OS I am practicing against the 4 Narukami options you listed, do I need to input the OS again when I notice I start blocking or is there a timing that covers it all without having to react to a block happening. I might have also just lazily input the Narukami strings and called them good though lol. (Or... if it were a real-match scenario would you normally input the OS again when you started blocking at least until they started to bait it?)

Also have you messed around with ways that Mitsuru(Or universal options)can deal with Ken's blockstrings when he's in that sweet spot.

reposting from the Q&A thread-

---

How does buffering work in this game?

It feels like, during some combos, or punishing some unsafe attacks (like punishing a -5 on block with a 5f impact move), or mashing reversal DP/super, that the window is fairly tight (like Street Fighter-style links). or, that is to say, mashing anything doesn't seem worth it since you only get results half the time; good timing or bust.

---

I feel like if you're getting pressured and you don't explicitly know what's coming next, it's best to just focus on blocking. If you are trying to mash something out you'll leave back or down-back and open yourself up to getting hit.

Tried to ask you on twitter, when it comes to learning the non-DP fuzzy jump OS I am practicing against the 4 Narukami options you listed, do I need to input the OS again when I notice I start blocking or is there a timing that covers it all without having to react to a block happening. I might have also just lazily input the Narukami strings and called them good though lol. (Or... if it were a real-match scenario would you normally input the OS again when you started blocking at least until they started to bait it?)

Also have you messed around with ways that Mitsuru(Or universal options)can deal with Ken's blockstrings when he's in that sweet spot.

You have to use your judgement. The reason I set Narukami up like that is because there are two spots where he can throw you. You do it after getting up (in that situation), and then, if you feel like you have to do it again (because he didn't do dash 5A > 2A > 2A), you do it one more time.

Against Ken right now, I block and wait for them to go for some sort of mixup, because for some reason people loosen up the timing on things with Koromaru when doing so. Koromaru's attacks seem not to have a lot of blockstun, so sometimes I instant block him and mash.

How does buffering work in this game?

It feels like, during some combos, or punishing some unsafe attacks (like punishing a -5 on block with a 5f impact move), or mashing reversal DP/super, that the window is fairly tight (like Street Fighter-style links). or, that is to say, mashing anything doesn't seem worth it since you only get results half the time; good timing or bust.

Sounds like you need to grind those out.

Do you think Aigis beats Mitsuru? I felt like it was even. Maybe I'm wrong :|

1) Despite the fact that late tech is arguably stronger as a cock block in both Guilty Gear and Blazblue, why does it seem so much more obnoxious in Persona? Not being able to safe jump a two button reversal feels bad man.

2) Why does Naoto have to suck?

2 Qs

Mitsuru pressure more specifically block strings midscreen sometimes it feels like there are too many holes in the strings or mitsuru gets pushed to far away from the opponent, what are say 2 good ones off a 5A besides 5AA ect.

Stopping people who jump on wake up near the corner or just in general by the corner sometimes i run into dead zones if they are to high with 2B > 2D or  2B > 2D connects but they tech out of ice before i can land a B attack (they were too high) whats a good option for damage and keeping them cornered besides air throwing their ass it was easy in vanilla lol.

Do you think Aigis beats Mitsuru? I felt like it was even. Maybe I'm wrong :|

Last game, it was 5.5 in Mitsuru's favor, or even. This game, I'm not too sure yet.

1) Despite the fact that late tech is arguably stronger as a cock block in both Guilty Gear and Blazblue, why does it seem so much more obnoxious in Persona? Not being able to safe jump a two button reversal feels bad man.

2) Why does Naoto have to suck?

It feels that way over P4U because rolls have frame one projectile invul, but you can still safe jump and negate late teching, it just varies by character. I didn't really notice with Mitsuru, but I noticed with Margaret and have been labbing up responses to that.

Naoto doesn't suck, she got some pretty good buffs. There are no "bad characters" in the game, the weaker characters are missing one or two things compared to the top group. Regardless, once she gets her game plan going, she's scary.

Mitsuru pressure more specifically block strings midscreen sometimes it feels like there are too many holes in the strings or mitsuru gets pushed to far away from the opponent, what are say 2 good ones off a 5A besides 5AA ect.

Stopping people who jump on wake up near the corner or just in general by the corner sometimes i run into dead zones if they are to high with 2B > 2D or  2B > 2D connects but they tech out of ice before i can land a B attack (they were too high) whats a good option for damage and keeping them cornered besides air throwing their ass it was easy in vanilla lol.

Mitsuru pressure does have holes. You're looking to catch whatever their doing on defense, be it jump, roll, dp, mash, etc. Really, the foundation is AA and AAA, and from there you can put in 4/5B (good spacing, makes some dp's whiff), 5C (all around good move, backstep cancellable), sweep, short hop, etc.

2B > 2D is too hard of a call imo, if they block 2B and you whiff 2D in their face, you're in trouble. If I assume counter hit, I usually sweep feint or 2C, if they get raw I convert with jA jB and keep going from there.

Are there practical uses or setups for IKs in this game? Specifically thinking Kanji/Narukami/Chie, but if there are others, I'd like to hear about them.

You used to be able to combo into Aigis's and S.Lab's IK. IK's are generally used for punishing more than anything else. Most (all?) characters can punish Ken and Rise's whiffed B+D with IK. Mitsuru can punish a lot of supers with IK. Yukiko can too (I believe), although her's doesn't go full screen, so it might be harder to pull off.

1. In your opinion, how good are the confuse, fear, and shock status effects?
  2. Are there any match-ups to your knowledge that are 3.5 - 6.5 or worse? If so, do you have any tips for some of the characters on the losing end of those match-ups?

2) Are there any characters against whom Shadow-type Mitsuru can fight more comfortably than Normal-type Mitsuru?   

What should Mitsuru do at neutral when she is against Narukami?

Also, l'm starting to get concerned. Over a month has passed, but zero of my questions have been answered.  Did something happen to LordKnight? Are my questions not related to gameplay? Were any of my questions too vague or too complex to answer?

What is happening?