Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZeroRaider

[CP2.0] Hazama Combo Discussion Thread

corner combos and roll stuff

After messing with it a little bit, I found it possible to get a dash under after 214D~C and get this combo: 

5B > 5C > 3C > 236A xx 214D~C > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 66 5C(2) > 2C > 623D > 665C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > j.C x5 > j.214B

dmg 4007

heat 29

But it was a bit inconsistent for me since you have to get charged 214D~C as early as possible to launch them high enough for the dash under. Personally, I do this as my meterless corner combo

[Corner]5B > 5C > 3C > 236A > 214D~66B > 665C[1] > 623D > 665C > 6C > 665C > 2C > 4D~D > j.Cx5 > j.214B (Damage:3939 Heat Gain:29)

As far as punishing rolls go, haven't really practiced that too much yet, but midscreen backrolls I've managed to catch with dash 2B > 5C/2C or just raw 3C.

Btw I'm really loving this new midscreen combo route:

(oppnt airborne) 5C>6C>5D~D>j2.C(whiff)>2D>214D~66B>623D (if reached corner) 3C>236A>214D~A or 3C>214D~C depending which one you used at the start of the combo. Good damage and corner carry, and most of all, looks slick as fuck.

So! I'm back! I've been experimenting around with stuff and I've found a few new midscreen/corner routes. Some are swag, some are high damage but not sure if optimal and some go into the safe jump set up i made.

Note: I further tested my safe jump setup and it perfectly safe jumps or beats out every reversal option that isn't a counter (i.e. yukikaze) It also auto baits bursts if they get counter hit by the j2C while still giving you time to confirm into another combo.

Midscreen Routes: 

5B starter:

5B > 5C (1) > 3C > 214D~66B > 5A > 5D xx 214D~66A(fully charged) > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 6DD >jC x 5 > j214B (3336 damage)

[I know this combo is pretty standard already, but I found that at the beginning, if you let only 1 hit of 5C connect it makes the follow up more consistent because they don't fly as far away. It also makes it more consistent on smaller hitboxes like Jin, but it still doesn't work on tiny hitboxes like Makoto and Plat.]

5B > 5C (1) > 3C > 214D~66B > 5A > 5D xx 214D~66 66A (cross under) > 2A > 5C(2) > 2C >4DA > j.6DA > 623D > 66 3C > 214D~C > IAD j2C (safe jump) (3168 damage)

> 5C(2) > 2C > 4DA > j.6DA > 623D > 66 3C > 214D~C > IAD j2C (safe jump) (3445 damage)

[ This combo was inspired by Yuhoke's previous post about his slick midscreen combo. I realized with a slight modification it could go into the safe jump set up I made. It works anywhere midscreen where you can get the wallbounce from 623D. 

The top variation is if you don't fully charge the 214D~A and get the smaller groundbounce. It still works, you just have to add 2A and get slightly less damage. For consistency sake you can add the 2A to either version if you can't react to a non fully charged ground bounce fast enough. ]

Small Hitboxes only(?): Ok. So for this next combo, I was trying to find a damaging BnB on Makoto and other small hitboxes. This combo works on Makoto, but drops on Platinum. It also doesn't work on normal sized hitboxes like Ragna/Jin/Azreal etc... I haven't tested it with other characters yet to confirm who it works on, but it works on Makoto. That's a start at least...lol. Maybe someone else can also experiment around with this?

5B > 5C(1) > 3C < 214D~66B > 5A > 5C(2) > 4D xx 214D~66A(fully charged) > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 5DD > j2C (whiff) > 5C > jC x2 > jC x5 > j214B (3550 damage)

It does pretty decent damage and is full corner carry, but once again I'm not sure how consistent this on different characters. Work on makoto for sure like a charm so, this can be your Makoto bnb at least. Lol. 

EDIT: This combo also works on Hazama, but so does the normal Hazama BnB lol.

5C Starter: 3732

5C > 3C > 214D~66B > 66 5A >5C(2) > 2D xx 214D~44A(fully charged) > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 5DD > j2C (whiff) > 5C(2) > 2C > 4DD > jCx5 > j214B (3857 damage) Note: This combo also works from a 5B starter. just start like this instead: 5B > 3C > 214D~66B. You have to omit the 5C so they aren't pushed back too far away.

[ This combo looks really fricken cool. I tested it on multiple characters and on certain hitboxes it doesn't work. Most character it does work on but character I know for a fact it won't work on are: Makoto, Plat, Amane, Hazama. I only tested those four. It probably doesn't work on other smaller hitboxes as well but in case you end up really close after the 214~D 66 B it's a good option to have for damage on characters it works on.]

CORNER COMBO: 

Ok. So this is the last thing. I found a corner variation of the 5C combo I posted above. It works pretty much the same way but is slightly easier in the corner.

5C(2) > 3C > 214D~66B > 5A > 5C(2) > 2D xx 214D~44A(fully charged) > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 66 5C(2) > 2C > 4DD > jC x 5 > j214B (3886 damage)

This combo does slightly more than more other corner combo and it looks a bit cooler. But once again it doesn't work on smaller hitboxes like Makoto and Plat. Ironically this one does work on Hazama though where the midscreen variant doesn't...Strange....

Also, just like the midscreen variant you can start this combo with 5B > 3C instead of 5C > 3C. ALSO 5B > 5C(1) > 3C also works but it's a bit more inconsistent and calls you for you have to microdash the 5A after the Gashou. The damage difference is negligible though so I wouldn't stress it. Lol

Also before I go I want to shout out/say good job for Yuhoke for his corner combo:

After messing with it a little bit, I found it possible to get a dash under after 214D~C and get this combo: 

5B > 5C > 3C > 236A xx 214D~C > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 66 5C(2) > 2C > 623D > 665C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > j.C x5 > j.214B
dmg 4007
heat 29

It's more optimal than the corner combos I found and easier. I didn't find it to be too inconsistent personally. You just have to get down the timing on the dash under 5C and you're golden. It's also a bit harder to land the 66 5A after the dash under 5C > 6C on smaller hitboxes like Makoto and ironically Hazama, but other than that, it's a really cool optimal route. Honestly, the only time I would go for my corner over this one is if I either want to set up a safe jump, or if I need to land 623D > 632146C at the end for more damage. I really like this route and it looks pretty cool.

Anyway. This post was hella long, but I think that's everything I wanted to mention. Sorry if I forgot to post something. I've been testing things as I've been typing this up for accuracy and it's gotten pretty late so I'm pretty tired. If anyone has any questions about anything, or want me to post a video of a specific combo, let me know! Also if you find a way to make anything here better, or have any ideas don't be afraid to share! Anyway, until next time. Imma hit the hay for now @.@

I haven't tried your midscreen stuff yet, but as far as the corner combos are concerned they all do less than what I've posted (d.5C 2D 214D~44A route).

And for the other stuff they all forego doing corned 5D xx 214D~66A which I feel is a pretty big "mistake" as they do similar damage to the basic route while not being as burst safe.

Interesting stuff on the iad j2C though.

Oh, you know. I somehow didn't see your corner stuff. LOL. I'm not quite sure how I missed that at all. Those routes seem way better than mine xD I'll have to play around with them and see if I can't figure something else out with them.

But yeah, the iad j2C safe jump is really good. I tested it with a friend of mine recently in person, just to see what options it covers. It covers a ton of them. I was going to try to make a Hazama combo video soon and try to include a safe jump section to try and show off things it can beat. You lose roughly 300-500 dmg from any route where you opt for the iad j2C, but in some situations it's negligible and more worth it to go for the safe jump over the damage. 

I'm having a really hard time getting the ...3C > 214D~66B > 5A... combos to work properly. Is there something specific to the timing that I am missing?

are you sure you are doing ~66B? also nope, you are not even supposed to dash to get the best combos this time around, you can literally just mash on 5A and go from there if you confirm stuff like 5B/2B/5C close enough to the opponent.

you still need to d.5A if you end up further away though

yes, it is.

if done right (as in, you hit with your starter fairly close to the opponent and you actually input ~66b) you should literally be able to mash 5A and it'll connect.

I'm having a really hard time getting the ...3C > 214D~66B > 5A... combos to work properly. Is there something specific to the timing that I am missing?

Also the timing gets throw off a little bit if you only do 3C. if you add something in front it helps make it feel more like how the combo will cause if you try and practice with just 3C > 214D~66B > 5A it will be a little more odd. 

if you struggle with 3C > 214D~66B

You must first practice 3C >214D~66. you should try and make the 66 come out as quickly as possible. i try and do it all in one fluid motion so I go 3B214. pretty much start at 3 roll to 4. that makes the stance come out as fast as possible. Usually the problem with the ~66B part is making sure you do 66 as quick as the game will let you. this means you need to make sure you have the timing where if you input 66 it will come out not too late. easy way to figure that out is do the 3B214 and input 66 really fast. it shouldn't come out if you do it too fast so start too fast. and slow down till you get it to come out perfectly. Once you get that timing down when you actually use the 66B you can not delay the animation for the kick. the B follup must be right after 66 to the point where you might not even really notice the dash. Once you get that timing down connecting 5A is easy.

... 3C > 214D~66B > 5A takes a lot of practice. At least it did for me. if you are still struggling after putting in a lot of labwork let us know and see if we can help further. I'm a hazama scrub who just got the motion down this week and i still don't have it perfect yet.

Also. hazama trial #17 It shows you. forces you to do it. and you can slomo it and hear/see how fast they input it. 

5B > 5C > 3C > 236A xx 214D~C > 66 5C(2) > 6C > 66 5C(2) > 2C > 623D > 665C(2) > 2C > 4D~A > j.C x5 > j.214B dmg 4007 heat 29

It's easier done through 236A xx 214D~66C and seems a bit better in terms of damage (+ there is no d.5C > 2D xx 214D~66A weird height requirement) comparing to _Sey's

5B >5C > 3C > 236A xx 214D~C(2) > d.5C > 2D xx 214D~66A > d.5C > 6C > d.5C > 2C > 4DD > jC5 > j214B does 3931 dmg and 30 heat.

Also I didn't see it here.

Midscreen ch 2C > 214D~66A > 665C > 6C > 5DD > j.2C(wiff) > 665C (crossunder) > 2D xx 214D~66B > 623D > 663C 236A 214D~C 4211 dmg 33 heat.

Works both as AA and on ground opponent. 2D xx 214D~66B part should be done as in challenge 19, i.e. input 66B the moment stance is charged. Also you can omit the 3C part and go for 5C 2C j.214B 4280 dmg 35 heat.

AA CH 2C 6D xx 214D~66A d.5C 6C 5D j2Cw d.5C 2D xx 214D~B 623D d.5C(1) 2C tkj214B ~4.1k

way higher damage than what you can get by confirming 2C 5C like in CP1.1.

there's quite a bit of time to hit with 6D, I was trying this on Tsubaki but I'm sure it'll work on pretty much anyone, just need to time 6D well.

I always got 4k with 2C, 5C, 4D, stance B, jump loops. Seems like the same damage to me

Sent from my ZTE-X500 using Tapatalk 2

cool.

too bad you can't do jump loops in CP2 let alone connect jC5 after 214B, therefore confirming 2C 5C will lead at best to 2.9k off 2C 5C 4D 214D66B 623D.

New to Hazama so I'm still bad lol but was wondering, are some of his combos character specific? I was practicing a combo that started with 5C>3C>214D~66B>5A>5C>5D~214D~A. This could all just be me being bad at combos but Izayoi doesn't seem to get stuck in the air by the 5D so I can combo into 214D~A but I was able to do it to Ragna and Bullet. Is this character specific or is there some window to hit with 5D to get the opponent to stay in the air long enough for me to 214D~A?

I don't even have cpex lol but from my understanding of how the character works, the 5A > 5C route should be inconsistent even on characters that it does work on, due to the minimum distance you need for 5D to "bite".

If you're at a distance where you don't need to dash before the 5A, then it should work, but 9 times out of 10 you WILL need to dash, which will probably put you too close to get the full hitstun on 5D

Just doing dash 5A > 5B > 5C > 4D should fix the problem, I see people using it all the time so it's looking consistent and the damage is p good

Just doing dash 5A > 5B > 5C > 4D should fix the problem, I see people using it all the time so it's looking consistent and the damage is p good

Hmm ok. Won't be able to test anymore till tomorrow but I'll try that out. 

You should always prefer 5A 5B 5C 4D to 5A 5C 5D, better damage and easier to adjust depending on the character (delay 4D, only use 5C(1)) etc.

5A 5B 5C 4D also works if you end up having to dash after 214D~66B although you may sometimes end up crossing up with 214D~66A.

There are a couple characters where you may want to omit 5B (Carl, Makoto, Platinum, Amane?) but even then going for 4D 214D~66A still opens up a better route (6C bounce 5DA 6DD jC jC5 j214B, you wouldn't get this route if you were to use 5D earlier because of SMP).

You shouldn't really have to dash much though, for whatever reason 214D~66B 5A doesn't feel like CP1/1.1 and instead feels like it can link from slightly further away than before.

It IS a hard habit to break but you get used to it and you can often recognize the situation anyway, at worst if your 5A whiffs you can still go for basic oki/pressure.

(I have no proofs/tests to back this up)

Try not to use too many normals to confirm your hits too.

Stick to 5B 5C(1) 3C, 2B 5B 3C, 5B 2C 3C etc. (this is pretty hard to do consistently and takes a bit of forethought on how your opponent likes to mash out/deal with your stagger pressure but it is an invaluable skill that you need to be able to pressure well with Hazama).

Noting special and it's really situational - Your back against the corner CH AA 5B/5C(1) > CT stuff. An e.g. will be IB Jin's 5C/2C and then punish 6B

CH AA 5B > CT > 5C > 2C > Jakou* > 5C** > 6C > 5D > 66 S.ressenga > dash 5C > 2C > 2D*** > JC5 > Hiren [5488/28 heat]

* - If 2C > Jakou whiff, delay Jakou

** - Some characters require you to walk back slightly before pressing 5C if you start the combo very near to the corner. e.g. Relius. This applies to the standard corner bnb also.

*** - I noticed that dash 5C > 2C > 2D whiffs on Carl and Makoto and maybe some others.. so just go with 5C > 2C > 4D in this case. Applies to the standard corner bnb too. 

5C(1) gives [5557/28 heat]

For 5c(2) to work, the opponent must be at a certain height (using Relius as an e.g. Relius' feet around Haz's head area), too low and CT will whiff usually.

[5814/30 heat]

Why are a lot of his combose are character spacific? I find myself delaying certaint attacks for ragna than i do for jin just to confirm an attack with his drives. Mostly, due to their wide body, his drives mostly hits as too close(weak attack) thus leaving me dumbfounded thinkin what the hell happened.

Quite a few of his most damaging routes have always been chara specific (rip CS1 623D j6D routes).

5C(1) or 5C(2) can mess up all sort of distances depending on the character you are facing, 5A 5B 5C(1) 4D or 5A 5B 5C(2) delay 4D are all pretty consistent on most "medium to heavy" characters, go for 5A 5C(2) 4D for small characters (makoto, amane, carl, plat, tao?), never bother dashing unless you want to cross under with 214D~66A