Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoulGuitarist

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On

Wow. That's a shame. Cool but still a shame. :(

In other news, They are apparently starting to pull out VOOT cabs out of Japanese arcades as of yesterday from a few tweets from VO players in Japan. Even the SEGA ran arcades are removing OMG and VOOT. Not sure about VO4 though. Certainly not a good thing either way. :/

sigh.

they're supposedly doing a 20th anniversary event next year but we know nothing is going to happen.

Really? Sounds cool if true but if something happens it'll be Japan only most likely.

It's times like this I wish Sega stayed in the console market.  On the subject of VF, Cypher/Viper were my favorite. Awesome design and Cypher turning into a plane was so cool.

Really? Sounds cool if true but if something happens it'll be Japan only most likely.

It's times like this I wish Sega stayed in the console market. On the subject of VF, Cypher/Viper were my favorite. Awesome design and Cypher turning into a plane was so cool.

That move for Cypher caused so much anger for me in OMG. Lol

Border Break is more like Unreal Tournament with mecha. The arcade cabinet even uses a mouse. To my knowledge, it's also multiplayer-only, making it perfectly suited to becoming a freemium PC game.

That's... kinda cool. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot if that's what will be released but I'll stay hopeful for VO or maybe they will allow you to use Temjin and other VRs in arcade version of Border Break... That would make me salty though. Lol

Temjin would be rather out of place, as the Border Break mecha are built to a different scale and are much less agile, with weaker and more conventional weaponry (hence the emphasis on teamwork).

if you want the Cougar NX and the Temjin in one place you can play PSO2 lolololol

Rumor of Virtual-On x Boarder Break on JP twitter!

Must be some dinky customization items. Sega recently closed all their websites for the VO series, and the rumors of a new game being revealed at JAEPO 2015 turned out to be hot air.

At this point there's a good chance the series has been formally retired due to low sales and lack of publisher confidence, like Darkstalkers recently was. Sega has expressed doubt over their intentions to carry on development for anything other than smartphones and freemium PC platforms, anyway.

If you ask me, Sammy is going to liquidate them within the next five years and put all their IPs up for auction, THQ-style.

the website closures aren't that recent at all, actually. they were taken down around the same time as the PSO2 DDoS attacks back in May and they only ever put the One Man Rescue site back up.

I stand corrected; I only heard about them a short while ago. Maybe they were only taken down because of the DDoSing, and they decided it wasn't worth the effort to put them back up?

Still, it cannot be denied that the future of the VO series looks bleak right now, especially given Sega's current financial situation. Even Sonic is in jeopardy.

VO Twitter hinting possible big announcement at a "major" event... I'm assuming E3 or TGS.

"Get ready!"

Most definitely TGS, since Sega America passed on the last two VO releases (Force 360 and VOOM 360/PS3).

Still not willing to get my hopes up. At the absolute best, it'll probably be a PS4 port of VOOT.

I would be very happy with a PS4 port of VOOT and/or VO4. It's the only reason why I kinda miss having a Xbox. Lol

Yeah, well, at least I still have OM/OT/Force on the 360, lol. X3

The VO4 360 Twitter stated something along the lines of "We are no longer sure about future plans but there is hope."

Sounds like SEGA is going to pull a Capcom with the Vampire/Darkstalkers series. 

Get ready for VOOT HD folks!  :v:

Called it. Nothing more will happen for the series besides occasional cameos, and MAYBE another round of ports for PS4/One.