Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[P4AU] Margaret vs. Yukiko

I guess I'll use my extremely basic knowledge of this matchup to start us off. I'm probably wrong on a lot of this, so would somebody better please correct me?

This matchup feels like Yukiko has to play Margaret's game. 5A can pop poorly spaced persona attacks safely pretty much anywhere, and with the range on that, it isn't too hard to whittle away her cards. As long as you make good reads on when Yukiko will leave her persona open, it isn't too risky to eat cards. If Yukiko commits to too much fullscreen, we can use sweep and spear to remind her to hold that. The biggest things to do are be mindful of fireballs and maragis, recognize gaps/vulnerabilities, and know when to stuff things and/or get counter hits for big damage.

spear+sweep+AoA done lol but seriously if yukiko starts going fullscreen zoning, marg can easily be scary against her, stuff like sweep and Gale Slash can be amazing since they can low profile things like her 5BB Fan attacks, also Divince Vaccum can be fantastic since it plows right through sakuya and her fans (poor yukiko lol) even the D version eats her projectiles and persona too.

a well timed 5A can easily interrupt her mid range pressure with sakuya

also if you can read her maragi or fans you can AoA punish for a nice combo

Just came off from playing a week of Persona with Will-Of-Fortune (GGs btw)
As a Yukiko main, this MU is free money for Margaret. She has completely better neutral, potemkin sweep keeps yukiko from doing full-screen mix-ups and damage, horizontal control is no comparison, and the damage is insane. Starting the match, it's 7-3. once Yukiko is in the corner, it's 9-1. Yukiko is forced to block, she has no options outside of burst , and a good Margaret will realize this, bait it, and take the round. No reason for Margaret to struggle in this MU, it's way too free.