Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viserys

[10/28/2016] AniClash 47 - BBCF Online Tournament

Dustloop Promo.jpg

Another week, another AniClash!

AniClash 47, going down this Friday at 8PM EST on our Official Twitch Channel, will mark our final pre-English release BlazBlue: Central Fiction tournament, so make sure to stop on by to stake one last claim before a new wave of competition arrives!

Registration can be found on our Official Website as well as on our Challonge Page, and footage from each of these events will--as usual--be uploaded to the AniClash YouTube Channel for your viewing pleasure after the fact. Hope to see you there.

The manual sign up link leads to the previous tourney's results. Anyways, wowsuchdoge signing up here.

Okay, thanks for the correction, must have missed that. 

Here's the correct sign up link, which I will also edit in above.

Signup: 

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/P8UA377OUz

Can't make it to this one just posting to express my interests in a Aniclash 3 and hope you continue doing these

17  Entrants so far guys.

http://challonge.com/aniclashbb2

I am expecting 20+ come the 15th. Overall, I am pretty hype for this tournament. Even though I am entering I will probably go 0-2. I'm far from being good, but hey, to me, it's more fun hosting the tournaments (and watching high level competitive play). Good luck to everyone who enters though. Please check out the AniClash: Yukianesa Thread for the dates and time for Future AniClash Tournaments (Nov-Jan). 

We may be set for getting a co-commentator. Still working out the finer details though. I'll have to figure out the logistics of things, but most likely, loser's bracket matches will have to be played offstream, until the Winner's Bracket Completion. If someone is able to record these matches, that would be pretty awesome (as I will be managing the winner's bracket at the time). 

Can I join if I'm from the UK and also bad at the game?

Anyone is welcome. I'm pretty bad too, my win percentage was about 10-15% in bracket. It is still fun to compete and take part in tournaments such as these (imo). Especially if there is no entry fee. On the plus side, you don't even have to leave your house! 

I think we had a few international players for the first tournament. There was lag present, but it wasn't unplayable or anything like that. We'll see how it goes this time around. If you are interested I would say go for it. 

How many EU-players would be interrested? Possibility for a EU-bracket?

Anyone is welcome. I'm pretty bad too, my win percentage was about 10-15% in bracket. It is still fun to compete and take part in tournaments such as these (imo). Especially if there is no entry fee. On the plus side, you don't even have to leave your house! 

I think we had a few international players for the first tournament. There was lag present, but it wasn't unplayable or anything like that. We'll see how it goes this time around. If you are interested I would say go for it. 

Yeah, I just wanna join for fun XD I'll try my best to train before next Sat

How many EU-players would be interrested? Possibility for a EU-bracket?

Hmm. Well. I think you and Seijuuro are the only EU players. If lag becomes an issue, we will have to look into things. 0 Bar connections are often deceiving, however. We did have atleast 1 EU player last tournament and nothing was unplayable or anything like that. Let me think...http://youtu.be/vZ2uh61RGow This video here from last tournament was between a EU and US player, there was a slight amount of lag, though it did improve near the end. The beginning of most matches tend to be fine, though things may spike here and there as the match progresses. Lag is just one thing you have to deal with in netplay. 

Essentially, it would be like a side tournament for EU players? If that is what you were suggesting. I think we only have a couple, so I don't think the demand would be there. Regardless, we'll see how the lag fares during the tournament. 

AniClash is making me pretty darn happy! As a long time Blazblue fan, I really enjoy and appreciate what your doing Viserys! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the first few AniClashes, but around the time of December 14 or 15th, you can expect a new player in the midst! I'll spread the word of AniClash! Keep up the good work!

AniClash is making me pretty darn happy! As a long time Blazblue fan, I really enjoy and appreciate what your doing Viserys! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the first few AniClashes, but around the time of December 14 or 15th, you can expect a new player in the midst! I'll spread the word of AniClash! Keep up the good work!

Pretty awesome man. Yes, I plan to continue running these tournaments to keep the scene active (and due to my love of the game and Blazblue series). We wouldn't want the community to die out would we? All of the support really helps the series grow and continue to spread.

AniClash 2 so far is exceeding my expectations. I would say 20-25 people (at the minimum, we have 23 registered) are confirmed to be participating, which is double last tournament, so its going to be a great event. I also have some good news regarding a co-commentator who should hopefully be able to join me this Saturday. Talking to him, he seemed quite enthusiastic about things, and I am sure he will be able to bring the hype. He seems a lot more knowledgeable about the technical side of the game and will probably be able to bring some added humor to the table as well. 

All around guys, this upcoming Saturday is going to be quite the showing and I am looking forward to it. Reminder, everyone can join the twitch channel to spectate and mingle with players and guests alike. 

I will probably host a pre-tournament room well in advance of the event, so that will also be your opportunity to get some practice in (and for a sort of meet and greet). 

Hey, this is wowsuchdoge(psn), I may not be able to make it. My grandfather died in a car accident this weekend and I might have to leave state for the funeral this week. It really just depends on if the funeral is going to be this week or delayed into the next week. I'll unregister if I know I won't be able to make my matches.

Hey, this is wowsuchdoge(psn), I may not be able to make it. My grandfather died in a car accident this weekend and I might have to leave state for the funeral this week. It really just depends on if the funeral is going to be this week or delayed into the next week. I'll unregister if I know I won't be able to make my matches.

Sorry to hear that...

Take your time. Being with your family is way more important than attending a game tournament. 

Entrant Count: 26

Commentary: Kurai(The_Kuraikage) and Dreiko (@dreikosama) - From GameFAQs. 

Follow our Twitter for Tournament Updates: @AniClashBB

Entrant Count: 26

Commentary: Kurai(The_Kuraikage) and Dreiko (@dreikosama) - From GameFAQs. 

Follow our Twitter for Tournament Updates: @AniClashBB

Can I commentate or am I too late to join in?

Can I commentate or am I too late to join in?

Well, there probably might not be much time to practice synergy and the like. I think we are set for this current tournament, though. That being said, you are welcome to join in for say, practice (unofficial tourney matches) and pre tourney, and I would certainly join in for a couple of games with you if you were interested. There will always be next time though if you or anyone else is interested in commentating. Send me a pm and I'll add you on Skype.  I don't know how committed our current cast is (Kurai and Dreiko), but regardless, it would be interesting to switch out every now and then, and I'm sure everyone can't make every tourney. 

I am going to be stuck in traffic and may be on a bit late. Can you hold me.up as much as possible and if im too late just get sent to losers?

I am going to be stuck in traffic and may be on a bit late. Can you hold me.up as much as possible and if im too late just get sent to losers?

Np, Man. I think a lot of people want to see you play, so no worries. 

40 Entrants Guys! Get Hype!

Stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/anime_inspirations

Bracket

http://challonge.com/aniclashbb2

wow this tournament is terrible. I didn't see any attempt at decent organization, I guess thats why alot of players just left instead of finishing the tournament.

Hey man, C'mon now. It's a tournament held by the players for the players. It's not like it is a tournament held by official tourney runners. At least they are trying, and a lot of people are appreciative of that. Instead of trying to be mean and negative, how about you offer any attempt at help? That's pretty much the main way to make these kinda tournaments even better! ( On that note, I'd like to help, but I am pretty much useless lol )

I don't mind that its held by players for the players, just that the organization was so bad. Here's my tip if the Host reads this post;

1. Determine a check-in time, any players that don't check in are DQ'd.

2. Have All players ready to play, and their PSN ID on your friends list for easy Invite access.

3. If time is an issue, Get another Streamer. (I saw a guy named american jin get DQ'd because the host got frustrated from spelling his ID wrong Once, and forgot he was already on his friends list I was rofl the entire time. The best part, not even a minute after he spells his ID wrong, the guy messages the host 12345 and still gets DQ'd because his Challonge Username isn't his PSN ID.)

I stopped watching after I saw alot of players just not want to be in the tournament anymore.