Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pogo Loco

Specific Set-Ups for Each Item that Faust Summons

Hi everyone! I'm new here in dustloop forums and I would like to ask for some help on tips about specific item set-ups for each of Faust's items. I tried looking for them in different threads but couldn't find them. I hope it's ok for me to start a new thread, or if there's already some tips for these, can someone please give me a link to that thread? Thank you. I'm currently trying to level-up my gameplay but I just couldn't come up with good set-ups for all of Faust's items. I often throw items but I'm not sure what to do with a particular item. I hope you guys can give me suggestions on each items (mini faust, mini robo-ky, mini potemkin, coin, wash basin, hammer, poison, bomb, meteor, chocolate, donut) Thank you in advance!:keke:

Random tricks: Stone -> 41236K grapple Meteor -> pokes/scare -> 214HS mettakiri Mini-me -> rushdown Mini-me -> FDC HS (faultless drill cancel) Mini-me -> 236S Pogo -> D (moar items) -> HS (Going my way!) RC -> comboland Chocolate -> 2HS/6HS -> Pogo -> whatever Bomb -> SJ FDC HS Bomb -> suicidal Mettakiri Bomb -> throw Bomb -> SJ 236P bomb-bag Hammer -> Low poke -> comboland Hammer -> Grapple Hammer -> 236S Pogo -> MOAR ITEMS Poison -> mixup -> comboland Coin -> give up Uhh... improvise? Stone (wash basin) into grapple is pretty much the only one that you really always want to go for.

the candy and choclate when you see them you gota kinda just stay put or pull back or else vs a good player you'll get countered for that. That is one of the mistakes many faust players (myself included) have come across. His rush down game usually consist of an item aiding him. Hammer and coin is when I like to do most of the rush becuase if your opponent hits you youve got that as a means of bailing you our or if theyre blocking it just adds more pressur. small guys (robo -ky, pot, mini faust ) - Alot of smart Faust players wait for them to land and thrown another item out after they land every now and then because it helps controle the space and if you get another small guy comming down it puts you in a very strong position cuz ur able to controle a big portion of the screen. Bomb - If you have tension one of the sheningans I like to use is the door tricks, if you can FRC the backdoor and command grab immediately they will bounce off the explosion and you can combo after. (this of coures works only at the right distance) If your opponent jumps you can use the 214k door and catch them in the air rc/frc and watever floats your boat after. Poison - A nice way to shield urself and throw another item out safely. you can command grab your oponent on wake up if the poison is on top or close to them (some frame trap glitch there). most of them will usually be blocking at this point anyways and try to always get as much damage as possible done when theyre poisoned. Meteor - Yea as stated above you can do a command grab set up if theyre scared but that doesnt really work to much these days but still another weapon is your arsenal. Metor coves a majority of the screen alot of player will just simply jump fd cuz its safe to do so so try to air grab bait them when possible. Pan - kind similar to coin and hammer i suppose, if it hits your opponent when theyre standing learn to react quickly and use the scapple pull in.

thanks for the help guys! keep it coming!:yaaay: @RNRR: I also the bomb suicidal mettakiri sometimes haha but only if I notice that I have a bigger lifespan than my opponent:keke: and when the coin comes out, I d also want to give up, because I feel that its a lot harder to hit the opponent compared to other falling items. @dice: Regarding the candy and chocolate, hot do i exactly pull back? Do I just try to keep them away? Because my opponents usually try to rush me down during these times, they know that I won't be able to summon more items. I also do the bomb door tricks, but only 214S for most of the time because my opponents usually jump up when they notice a bomb. And for the poison frame trap glitch thing, should I input the command grab even before my opponent wakes up and blocks the poison? I usually have troubles when I try to do command grab set-ups. Like the meteor-metakiri set-up, I always end up doing metakiri the same time the meteor hits, that's why I end up whiffing the command grab.

These are set-ups that I sometimes do for some items

bomb - cross up opponent; 214S when the opponent jumps up; suicidal metakiri

poison - (while opponent is crouching beside a poison) bait opponent to hit you by whiffing a 5K in front of them, and when they try to move, poison hits (limited chance to do this because set-up rarely happens) or whiff 5K (opponent still blocks) >metakiri

small guys - 6HS on small guys hit (for a somewhat unblockable set-up when opponent is blocking) then 236S>S>HS; while small guys are on the ground, I super jump air dash very high and throw a bag bomb to divert the attention from the small guys; or scalpel pull

meteor - 6HS when opponent blocks low; metakiri or FDC j.K

If you look at some of my match-up thread's (esp. vs slayer) it gives you a good idea on what to do when items are out...

Here's my run down

Candy: Depending on what range it's thrown out at(it can be far, close or mid) should decide when you should go for it. Some opponents like to grab it so... that can give you a chance to fuck em up, or they can avoid it and you find some option to keep them away. You have enough tools by yourself to keep them at bay for a little so yeah just stay calm and don't get caught slippin

Mini-People: These guys can be handled many different ways but my best advice is stay with them!!! They provide you with a sort of safety shield to on coming traffic (GunFlames,exe beasts, etc...) and provide you with a chance to get some hits in. Also pay attention to the pattern's of flight for miniFaust and miniRobo-ky, I either stay with them while still in the air or i can wait till they hit the ground.

Meteor's: Don't really just run in reckless because you could miss out on great damage. Watch out for Grab's or Great DP's, if they don't have the chance to do either Mix-em up. For example: I like to do FDC Feint to 2p right before they hit which score's great damage, or Respect to 2p. You could always just go crazy and 6hs, balls in your court.

Bomb's: You wanna try and obviously not get hit by it for starters. But from and aggressive standpoint, try and toss in a poke(63214k, 2hs, 2d-jump) before it explodes(RF is great at this). This on occasion this scores some hits leading into great dmg. Another thing I like to do is if they are dumb and jump without knowing to FD 214s that HOE!!! The new shit I'm on though is crossing a bitch up on the moment of detonation. Use your fdc right and you can fake a cross up leading to them getting hit and you combo'n off of it.

Dice pretty much summed it up for the Poison, hammer, coin's and tarai, so yeah yea watch vids of how RF uses his items and learn from the best.

Good example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_OLDBjh4gU

thanks for the help guys! keep it coming!:yaaay:

@RNRR:

I also the bomb suicidal mettakiri sometimes haha but only if I notice that I have a bigger lifespan than my opponent:keke: and when the coin comes out, I d also want to give up, because I feel that its a lot harder to hit the opponent compared to other falling items.

@dice:

Regarding the candy and chocolate, hot do i exactly pull back? Do I just try to keep them away? Because my opponents usually try to rush me down during these times, they know that I won't be able to summon more items. I also do the bomb door tricks, but only 214S for most of the time because my opponents usually jump up when they notice a bomb. And

for the poison frame trap glitch thing, should I input the command grab even before my opponent wakes up and blocks the poison? I usually have troubles when I try to do command grab set-ups. Like the meteor-metakiri set-up, I always end up doing metakiri the same time the meteor hits, that's why I end up whiffing the command grab.

PRetty much with the candy whenever your doing any type of attack string and all of a sudden you get one of those Candy items I just stop and zone again because of risky it can be without having the right item to aid you. This all varies of course depending on how confident you are in the situation. Vs certain cahracters tho (slayer comes to mind) you really need to take very small risk and rely more on your zoning when candy comes out just because those characters have the tools to really just kill youat a whims notice i.e BBU. Like just back away, throw bomb bags at the RIGHT distanse, use 2hs - 5p or 5s - 2k strings to buy time until you can throw another item out SAFELY. When fuast gets hit while throwing out an item he gets CH hard so you need to be cautioious of that as well.

Dont ever go into pogo if you dont have tension to back you up or youll just get punished for it badly or you know the mind game that you are gonna use when on the pogo or unless the player is a total newb who doesnt know how to block pogo faust, this is a mistake Iv lerned from many times because I was anxious but its a learing curve as a player I guess.

GL

@Senkei Thanks for the video sample, yeah I did see a lot of poking before the bomb explodes and I will try that. I have been trying to collect all of RF's videos so that I could learn from him, but its hard to search and gather all the videos from youtube. And yeah, crossing up opponents if there's a bomb is great! But its hard to do sometimes since faust's airdash is realy slow... Do you cross opponents up only when you're near them? Or also when you have some distance? @Dice Back to zoning when candies and chocolates are out (check). And yeah, I do have troubles with slayer and find it hard to calm down because if I just make a mistake, I usually eat up a lot of damage...but I guess I just have to improve my zoning against him. And do like to pull out a pogo on occasions just to shake my opponents up and change my gameplay in the match, or just a gimmick actually, but I try not to abuse it, except maybe against eddie. But yeah, I also have learned from a lot of stupid mistakes in the past in abusing the pogo stance.

you have to learn how to close the gap quickly,(air-dash -> airpogo) will cover some ground, but it is most effective when up close since your chances of combo'in after are greatly increased if your close. Example: 2k->2p->2s->2d-> 236p(bomb): then cross-up on wakeup.

Ok thanks! I will try that! Thanks everyone! You've all been a great help! I learned a lot of new stuff!:) I'll download more RF matches so that I can learn from the best hehe thanks again!

You shut your mouth Nik Nebber.... i dare you to reply!!!! And the reason is because looking up match vids of good players helps your game improve and gives you ideas on what things to do and why they are done....