Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

To make things a little easier on categorizing the topics here, I went a head and just made this topic.

What do all those numbers mean right beside the letter? I have no idea what "6A" means!

Well, here is how it works, look at your Num Pad on your keyboard.

7 8 9

\ | /

4-5-6

/ | \

1 2 3

Each number represents a direction input.

In other words, if the character started on the left side, something like "6A" will indicate "forward A".

And something like "5A" would mean "Neutral A". In other words, when hitting A, no direction input is needed. All you would have to do is just hit the A button.

If you have any other questions on this, just ask.

Other translations:

j. = While in the air

JC = Jump Cancel (means to jump while in a air combo)

CH = Counter Hit

Froze = Your opponent became frozen

* Combos are done with the character starting on the left side.

Basic combos - The basic ways of Jin.

- 2A, 5B, 5C, Ice Ride (B)

- 2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, Ice Ride (B) : This combo is best done if your close to your opponent, otherwise 2C might whiff.

- 2A, 5B, 5C, 3C, Ice Ride © : This combo does not work on Carl.

- 6A, Ice Ride © : Only connects when crouching (which they should be, 6A is an overhead after all).

* Tip: It's ok to start your combo off with 2B, seeing as how that's a low hit. You can mix up with 6A and 2B, seeing as how they have to guess high or low. Just don't abuse 6A too much, or your opponent will start to re-act to it. And if you like, it's ok to pause during 5B to get both hits from it.

Crouching Only combos - These combos only work if the opponent is hit while crouching.

- 2A, 5B, 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.B, j.C : Hitting 66 after 6C will dash out of 6C for you, hence the name "Dash Cancel".

- 5B, 5C, 6C, 2D, Froze, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, 2C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.B, j.C

- 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D, Froze, Ice Ride © : Combo also works if the 5C starts on Counter Hit.

* These combos are just basic examples of how crouching combos work, for the most part you are linking your 5C into 6C. Best works when they are hit while crouching.

Throw Combos - He has 2 type of throws, forward throw and back throw.

- Forward throw, (pause), Ice Ride © : Works also with back throw.

- Forward throw, (as soon as they get popped into the air), Ice Ride (A) whiff, 5C, 2C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, Ice Ride (B) : After Ice Ride (A), you will land on the other side of the opponent.

General combos - Just random combos.

- (On crouching opponent) 5B (2 hits), 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Super Jump, j.C, j.D, (short pause), Forward Air Dash, j.B, j.C, Ice Ride (B)

- 5B (2 hits), 5C, Jump, j.B, (short pause), j.C, (short pause), j.D, Froze, land and run up, 5C, Ice Ride (B).

- (Corner combo, somewhat) 623+A (CH), Ice Ride (D), 6C (OTG), 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, Ice Ride (B).

- 6A, Mash C (for 8 hits), once opponent is launched, 632146+D Super : You can air combo after the Super.

Interested in better combos?

Read up on umgogo post on the combos translated from the guide book for BlazBlue.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=355247&postcount=154

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=355256&postcount=155

Glitches!

Not to much to mention here, there really isn't any real useful glitches that will help his game except for one, but unsure how it's triggered.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=360931&postcount=376

If anyone has more info on this glitch post up.

I will say that his 632146+D Super is a little bugged up.

When done very close to the corner, the full Super will not connect. So try not to do the Super close to the corner, ok? ;o

that's a 623B in the combo, not a 623A. Regardless, intersting combo, i never whould ahve thought that 5C combos into B Fubuki.

that's a 623B in the combo, not a 623A. Regardless, intersting combo, i never whould ahve thought that 5C combos into B Fubuki.

My mistake that I'll correct now. Interesting indeed mostly because off a Non CH prorated 2B for that type of damage is pretty nice.

I haven't tested this out all the way but I have noticed something unusual and I was wondering if anyone else had any information. The situation so far that I've noticed is that against Bang, if you dash at him around head level with an ice car, usually C, and he counters with his drive, it will hit and negate the ice car but not hit Jin. When this happens it keeps jin's forward momentum as if he was still on his ride, but will put him in his aerial animations, as I then hit barrier block, but it gave me Jin's j.B. Again this may have been just for that match, i plan to try later I just was wondering if anyone else has seen this yet?

sounds like a clash to me, but i guess test it out and get back to us? the graphical/aural effect for a clash is very subdued compared to guilty gear

Well I will try on different characters to clash with the ice car, see if that works, but I think it has something to do with the counter-style of Bang's Drives. I personally would love that if you clash with the ice car you continue on past your opponent, un-affected by momentum changes at all, would make this glitch much more useful than just against Bang.

if you clash and you don't cancel the move out then the ice ride will just keep going. If anything when you notice that happen do a j.A since the hitbox is small so that if what you're saying is true, you'll get out of there with no harm done

if you clash and you don't cancel the move out then the ice ride will just keep going. If anything when you notice that happen do a j.A since the hitbox is small so that if what you're saying is true, you'll get out of there with no harm done

So if you clash Ice ride, and wouldn't hit your opponent your Ice will cancel out and you continue at the same momentum in the "standing" aerial animation? I think I'd rather do a j.D instead just for a free freeze with a momentum stop, since your opponent would not have the time to turn around, and wouldn't be able to block appropriately, situation pending of course you don't actually want to get further away from your opponent.

Edit: A thousand pardons kid viper, I misread what you had typed and gotten myself confused indeed

no what i'm saying is that since you're clashing with the first part of the ice ride, and you don't do anything to cancel it out, jin will just finish doing the second part of the ice ride (the knockdown)

Forward throw, (as soon as they get popped into the air), Ice Ride (A) whiff, 5C, 2C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, Ice Ride (B) : After Ice Ride (A), you will land on the other side of the opponent. ^ Shouldn't you have to jump install somewhere in this combo? I'm pretty sure you can't JC a super jump combo without a jump install.

everyting auto jump installs in blazblue, unlike guilty gear. also unlike guilty gear, you don't get your jump options back after doing an air tech.

dp+D, standing C, f+C, f+D, hcb, f+D, dp+B, dp+A how to read this combo? f+BC throw (two hits), dp+B, jump B-C, double jump C-D, land, standing B (two hits), standing C, df+C what are f ,dp hcb ?

Can someone tell me if this works for them? 6C > 2D > 632146D > j.B > j.C > DJ > j.C > 214B The problem Im having is its blacking out when I hit the ice car but since it usually chains on the air combo I dunno whats wrong. It might just be because the setup is different but I just wanna know if anyone else can do this so I know its not me hitting the ice car too late or something. Edit: Im also having this on the throw combo Throw > Ice Car A whiff > 5C > 2C > j.B > j.C > DJ > j.C > Ice Car B Same thing here too I just cant hit the last ice car. If I throw it out early it whiffs if I do it later it blackens.

Can someone tell me if this works for them?

6C > 2D > 632146D > j.B > j.C > DJ > j.C > 214B

The problem Im having is its blacking out when I hit the ice car but since it usually chains on the air combo I dunno whats wrong. It might just be because the setup is different but I just wanna know if anyone else can do this so I know its not me hitting the ice car too late or something.

Edit: Im also having this on the throw combo

Throw > Ice Car A whiff > 5C > 2C > j.B > j.C > DJ > j.C > Ice Car B

Same thing here too I just cant hit the last ice car. If I throw it out early it whiffs if I do it later it blackens.

The first combo works and the second one doesn't.

I did the first one no problem. What it sounds like is your doing the ice car too late. I usually do the B ice car as soon as the J.C connects so it was no problem. As for the second one they can tech before the B ice car. I don't really know why. (It's 3 Am and I'm too lazy to figure it out.)

The throw combo (either direction) is simply: throw > Musou A > 5c > 2c > sj jc > jc >musou B This is the most damaging one I think that use no meter. For others where you could do the 5c > jb > jc combo, you can just let them land after the throw and do that one to get a better wakeup pressure for slightly less damage. Edit: Allow me to reiterate: The one you posted only works on lighter characters, such as nu. Hitbox may also be a factor, I didn't try it out on every character.

Alright I found out something I think, "think" few to no one knows about as I "discovered" it last night accidentally with Jin in training mode. So here it is:

Apparently Jin can gatling/combo "5d" without the use of a counter hit. So here is how it works:

You combo into 3c (sweep them) and then 2b,5c,5d and this actually works in the corner and out. I've only tested it on Ragna mind you but it is a very pleasant surprise as you can immediately dash cancel 5d into whatever stupidity you wish.

IF you have seen this before then cool whatever, but I haven't seen it in any vids or online matches and I believe it's fairly new territory.

Sweep into 2b is fairly old, and is used on characters where the 5c jb link does not work (such as rachel). usually it's 2b > 5c > sj jc > jd, and etc. In the corner you want to apply other variations for better damage. Edit: my apologies, I actually didn't address your question. You don't do 2b 5c 5d (and it's well known that 5c air hit goes into 5d), because the one I posted above is the preferred standard.

Sweep into 2b is fairly old, and is used on characters where the 5c jb link does not work (such as rachel). usually it's 2b > 5c > sj jc > jd, and etc.

In the corner you want to apply other variations for better damage.

Well I realize sweep into "2b" is old. I'm saying being able to "gatling" 5c without a counterhit seems new. Sweep, 2b is just the modus operandi of setting it up.

EDIT: I just saw your edit after posting mine. I see what you're saying. The reason I haven't seen it is because there are better combos to get off of that and people have opted to use those?

Oh and I know about the sj cancel combos from that but I was just surprised when I could hit 5d of of 5c in a combo. 5c on a jumping opponent into 5d is one thing, but being able to plant it on someone without them starting in the air (as in I put them there with my combo) seems very cool to me.

Sounds good, thanks for the input. I think I'll still try some things off of what I was using with 5d just to see if I can create some variations that might keep all my combos looking fresh (So I can switch back and forth between the standard and my own creations for stylish effect.) I kind of like to put on a little exhibition when I'm having matches to keep things interesting

EDIT: I just realize I double posted sorry for that, was in a rush.

Yes, instead of knockdown > 2b > 5c > 5d > musou, the combo should be:

knockdown > 2b > 5c > sj jc > jd > air dash jb > jc > musou.

I just realized musou was the same thing as ice ride -sigh here goes:

No that combo you listed first is not what I do at all, that would be terrible. I would never use musou right after 5d, thats a waste. What I'm say is: You can do 2b > 5c > 5d - dash cancel - 5c - jump cancel - j.b > j.c > j.d > musou b or d for example in the corner.

The combo I just tried is instant airdash, j.b > j.c > 3c > 2b > 5c > 5d - dash cancel - 5c -jump cancel - j.b > j.c > j.d > musou d (possible follow up not sure after musou d but they may recover)

All those work. I tried them and its solid damage. (Combo done on Ragna, probably wont work on several of the cast but it does work on him and probably other characters with similar hitboxes.)

I'm not sure if people are actually picking up on not only what I am talking about but how it's being used. There are some very good combos you can do from that setup. And I know I haven't done everything I could do with it just yet.