Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

If you want to end with 214b then you have to keep hits down to a minimum. Remove unimportant buttons here and there and it will make all the difference, I swear. Examples for your situation. 2C j.B j.C JC j.C j.214B 2C j.C JC j.C j.214B 2C j.C j.214B < I believe this is what your looking for. Also, 6C 66 j.B j.C j.214B could work.

CS is getting all the attention, but lots of folks are stuck with CT, for the foreseeable future, so here's something I haven't seen mentioned. As unlikely as this is to occur, it's pretty sweet. Midscreen CH 6B, 6C, 2D, 6C, 66, 5C, j.C, j.C, 214D, 6C, 623A/B/C Does about 4500 damage, uses 25% heat, but can be done without any initial heat. 6B's kinda cheesy in CT, but the speed buff in CS might make it better.

CS is getting all the attention, but lots of folks are stuck with CT, for the foreseeable future, so here's something I haven't seen mentioned. As unlikely as this is to occur, it's pretty sweet.

Midscreen

CH 6B, 6C, 2D, 6C, 66, 5C, j.C, j.C, 214D, 6C, 623A/B/C

Does about 4500 damage, uses 25% heat, but can be done without any initial heat. 6B's kinda cheesy in CT, but the speed buff in CS might make it better.

CH 6B -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> 214D -> Land -> 2C -> Air Grab

Not sure if it would deal as much damage but it would end in a better position for you instead of ending on a DP.

That's the Japanese style reset. If the throw works then great, otherwise if it gets throwbroken then you can airdash in immediately and continue pressure.

CH 6B -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> 214D -> Land -> 2C -> Air Grab

Not sure if it would deal as much damage but it would end in a better position for you instead of ending on a DP.

That's the Japanese style reset. If the throw works then great, otherwise if it gets throwbroken then you can airdash in immediately and continue pressure.

Yeah, it's a little less than mine without the throw, but it's still good damage and I see your point. I'd probably still use it against Haku-men, since it's harder for him to catch you in that position.

Yeah, it's a little less than mine without the throw, but it's still good damage and I see your point. I'd probably still use it against Haku-men, since it's harder for him to catch you in that position.

CH 6B -> 6C -> 2D -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> j.C -> j.C -> 214D -> 2C -> 623B -> 623A

If you're going to use that combo you can link 623B to 623A if you use 2C instead of 6C after your 214D depending on the enemy.

CH 6B -> 6C -> 2D -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> j.C -> j.C -> 214D -> 2C -> 623B -> 623A

If you're going to use that combo you can link 623B to 623A if you use 2C instead of 6C after your 214D depending on the enemy.

So, before the 2C-> Grab/DPs, the combos break down like this:

CH 6B -> 6C -> 2D -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> j.C -> j.C -> 214D

9 hits, 4032 dmg, 4210 with 2C

CH 6B -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> 214D

10 hits, 3947 dmg, 4084 with 2C

The one I posted scales a little better. Either is fine, if the opportunity presents itself.

sorry to bother but... I was practicing a combo:5B(2)>5C>JB>JC>JD>236D>dash>JB>JC>JC214B and found that 214B doesn't combo cleanly and becomes techable after the second JC. so is there another attack I can use instead (besides throw)? I'm probably going to use JB>JC>JB>JC(>JD if it fits in) if there's no other alternative.

sorry to bother but... I was practicing a combo:5B(2)>5C>JB>JC>JD>236D>dash>JB>JC>JC214B and found that 214B doesn't combo cleanly and becomes techable after the second JC. so is there another attack I can use instead (besides throw)? I'm probably going to use JB>JC>JB>JC(>JD if it fits in) if there's no other alternative.

I was able to connect with this.

5B(2)> 5C> j.B> j.C> j.D> 236D> dash> sj.B> j.C> 214B

If you're going to use 25% heat in the combo, you might as well do something like this.

5B(2)> 5C> j.B> j.C> j.D> 6C> pause> 214D> 2C> DPs/airgrab

It's more damaging than the first one and has the advantages mentioned a couple of posts up.

Edit: Also note that the first one requires 9% heat to execute, while the second only requires 7%.

Double edit: This is just something I hobbled together. In case you ever land a far, non-CH 6B...

6B> quick dash 5B> 3C> 2B> 5C> sj.B> j.C> j.D> 5C> 623A

The timing on the 5B is very tight, but it gets around 2.4k. Here's another.

Forward throw> 236A> 6C> Dash> 623A

Does 2514. Another variation is...

Forward throw> 236A> sj.B> j.C> j.C> 214B/D

Does 2786/2866, respectively. On floaty characters, the 236A has to be delayed slightly, which increases the odds that the 214D will hit them forward, instead of backward, meaning you can squeeze more damage out of the combo. Double DP follow up does 3235. Requires 6% heat.

Works with Haku-men, V-13, Bang, Jin, Ragna, Noel, Taokaka, Tager and Litchi.

Can be done against Rachel, if you alter it to...

Forward throw> 236A> sj.B> j.B> 214B/D

Impossible against Carl and prohibitively difficult against Arakune.

Bump, in case my edits were overlooked. Any opinions on that throw combo? Looking at the list on page 5, the B version does the most damage outside of the corner, except the long sekkajin combo, with the D version having the potential to beat it.

when you say 236A do you mean hit them with it and catch them when it delays their fall?

Do it at roughly the same time as a whiffed 214A. It'll catch them before they land. Some characters are smaller/floatier, so you have to do it a pinch later. I got the idea when I saw a video where Buppa ended a match with throw> 236A> 623A and figured there were other ways to follow it up.

Do it at roughly the same time as a whiffed 214A. It'll catch them before they land. Some characters are smaller/floatier, so you have to do it a pinch later. I got the idea when I saw a video where Buppa ended a match with throw> 236A> 623A and figured there were other ways to follow it up.

yeah generally anytime you can fit in one of his DP's you can usually follow-up with a combo

Standing

5B -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> J.D -> Land -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> J.D -> Ice Car B (3074 Damage) (Not Rachel/Bang) *

5B -> 3C -> 2B -> 5C -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash-> J.B -> J.C -> Ice Car B (2226 Damage)

Ice Sword C -> 2D -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> Ice Car B (4039 Damage) *

Rehhyou(counter) -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.B -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> Ice Car C -> (2786 Damage) *

Crouching

5B/6B -> 5C -> 2C -> 6C -> 2D -> Dash -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> J.D -> Ice Car B (3421/3790 Damage) (Not Rachel/Bang) *

5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> Ice Car B (3312 Damage) *

6B -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> Ice Car B (3569 Damage) *

6A -> Sekkajin -> Dash -> 5C -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> Ice Car B (2994 Damage) *

Standing Corner

5B -> 5C -> Fubiki B -> 5C -> 6C -> 6D -> 6D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C (3542 Damage) *

B+C(throw) -> Fubiki B -> 5C -> 6C -> 6D -> 6D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C (3006 Damage) *

B+C(throw) -> Fubiki B -> 5C -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> Ice Car C (2805 Damage) *

Crouching Corner

5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 6C -> 6D -> 6D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C (3088 Damage) *

6A -> Fubiki B -> 5C -> 6C -> 6D -> 6D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C (3727 Damage) *

These are Jin's meterless BnB's they are not difficult to perform and many can lead to extra combo if you tack on an Ice Car D at the end.

The combos with a * after are recommended; good damage, least heat, or best okizeme.

i have a few questions here.

i've been trying and trying this one combo that buppa and tetsu seem to do a lot. it would be j.c, j.d air dash j.b, j.c (this is the part i get messed up on) 5b, 3c, 236 c

now i am fairly sure they are dashing in after the ad j.c but i can never seem to get it, or if i do, it isnt fast enough , i think the combo is like 9 or 10 hits total they do it alot in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_Foz7RQDw

the other question i had was regarding a similar combo. tetsu does it off of throw a few times in the above video. throw, 214 a, 5c, jb, jc, (then either 5b or 5a, 5b to follow up) again, i dont know how to get the 5a or 5 b to connect with the rest of the combo, and i can't really tell if they are dashing in with this one. so if anyone knows that'd be awesome.

You don't need to dash after the j.C, on the first one. Just make sure that, after the 6C, you let the opponent drop a bit before connecting with the 5C. Otherwise you could dash in on them while they're still in the air. With the second one, you have to delay the j.C as much as possible. The timing is pretty tight.

You don't need to dash after the j.C, on the first one. Just make sure that, after the 6C, you let the opponent drop a bit before connecting with the 5C. Otherwise you could dash in on them while they're still in the air. With the second one, you have to delay the j.C as much as possible. The timing is pretty tight.

that part right there doesnt seem like it has anything to do with my question.

the second part i understand.

that part right there doesnt seem like it has anything to do with my question.

the second part i understand.

I put that in there, because the first time the combo was shown it was off of a 6C launch. I wasn't sure if that aspect was giving you any problems, so I put it in, for good measure. Connecting the j.C and the 5B isn't terribly difficult, on the first combo. The height of the freeze was the only thing that made me screw up the combo, which is why I mentioned the part you put in bold.

I don't know what you're talking about but he dashed after the J.C The combo goes: 5B(crouching) -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash-> 5C -> Super Jump -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> Land -> Dash -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C(okizeme) The timing is pretty difficult though, you should try to practice an easier combo that has the same concept: Air Dash In -> J.B -> J.C -> Land -> Dash -> 5B -> 5C -> Jump -> J.B -> J.C -> J.D -> Land -> Dash -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C(okizeme)

I don't know what you're talking about but he dashed after the J.C

The combo goes:

5B(crouching) -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash-> 5C -> Super Jump -> J.C -> J.D -> Air Dash -> J.B -> J.C -> Land -> Dash -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C(okizeme)

Sure, but you don't have to. Well, you do, if you want the 5C after you land, but you can also just go for 5B->3C.

what would i do from

j.B > j.C > Land > Dash Split > 5C > Mash C 8 hit

You could go:

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> Dash -> 5C ->Super Jump Cancel -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Land -> Ice Arrow Super -> Rehhyou (3352 Damage)

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> Dash -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> dj.C -> dj.D -> Ice Car D (3237 Damage)

Corner only combos:

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> 5C -> 6C -> Dash Cancel -> Jump -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> Ice Car D -> Land -> 6C -> Fubiki B (3445 Damage)

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> 6C -> 6D -> 6D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C(Okizeme) (3210 Damage) *

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> 6C -> 6D -> Ice Sword D -> 5B -> 5C -> 3C(Okizeme) (3420 Damage) *

...Sekkajin(8 hits) -> Dash -> 5C -> 6C -> 6D -> 6C -> Ice Arrow Super -> Rehhyou (3665 Damage)

Other dash-in combos:

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Land -> Dash -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Ice Car B (3267 Damage) *

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Land -> 6C -> Ice Arrow Super -> Fubiki B (3632 Damage)

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Land -> Dash -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Ice Car D -> 6C -> Ice Arrow Super -> Rehhyou (3767 Damage)

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> 2C -> Ice Car D -> 6C -> Ice Arrow Super -> Fubiki B (4005 Damage)

Crouching dash-in combos:

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> 2C -> 6C -> 2D -> Dash -> 5C -> Jump -> j.B -> j.C -> j.D -> Ice Car B(3585 Damage) *

Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Land -> Dash Split -> 5C -> 2C -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> Super Jump -> j.C -> j.D -> Air Dash -> j.B -> j.C -> Ice Car B(3485 Damage) *

The combos with a * after are recommended; good damage, least heat, or best okizeme.

Funny, I already know the red stared combos, I'll put up some combos later I have to get ready for another long day.

Ice Sword C -> 2D -> 6C -> Dash -> 5C -> J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> Ice Car B (4039 Damage)

that one black beats, unless I'm messing up the time