Sign in to follow this  
Kensou

Accent Core:Chipp Combos

vs TESTAMENT

mid into corner, 25%, 12 hits, 179 dam. Knockdown (intermediate)

d.s©,6p,s©,6p,2d,236s,HS,iad.j.p,j.D,236p,FRC, \/,6hs,j.D

(same combo as ky)

For some reason, I can't do it. 2d,236s, HS gets them to high, so I always miss j.D after iad.j.p... I supose I have to delay something, maybe HS after 236s?

So, I came up with this, but it only works in corner:

corner, 25%, 14 hits, 190 dmg, knockdown

d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s,236k,HS,j.D,236p,FRC,j.s,dj.p,j.k,j.D,236p

It's easy and does more damage.

Probably works with other characters, but I didn't tested...

As for midscreen, I think I'll stick with these

midscreen, 0%, 15 hits, 160 dam, knockdown (easy)

d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s.236k.HS,j.p,j.p,j.k[2],j.k[2],j.D,236p

anywhere, 25%, 8 hits, 162 dam, knockdown (easy)

d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s.236k.HS,41236k,D

for corner, i'd suggest this one from the thread:

corner, 25%, 10 hits, 196 dam, Knockdown (intermediate)

d.s©,s(f),2s,2hs,41236k,D,\/, late s©,hs, iad.j.P,D,236p

but your combo is interesting nonetheless, if it knocks down, it could be useful against some other characters.

I've been trying to work out some dust combos, but don't really know what to do since I'd prefer to end in knockdown. All the ones I got have low damage output.

Dust at nearly max range, I can go for an impossible dust with IAD j.k or j.D (sometimes I get the hitbox to connect on that, but it's a bit harder and might not work on some characters) into like another j.D > Alpha to try for knockdown after they fall.

Otherwise, at point blank, I don't know how to go for knockdown so I'll do something like j.D > j.D > j.D > j.D > Alpha (if alpha connects depending on the character) and do like 100 damage.

Obviously, I need help. I don't land dust very often, but I'd hate to lose out on the oki or the damage if it's going to get me a KO when it comes up.

a very hard impossible dust into knockdown is D, auto jump, double jump up, j.D (impossible dust, that's the hard part), land, dash up, S,HS, iad.j.P,D,alpha.

That sounds really good, I'll practice it next time. I've tried throwing in j.Ks and varying timing between them (making sure to include hits 1 and 2) trying to get them close enough to the ground to actually cause knockdown out of j.D > Alpha.

Plus, I like hard/flashy combos, so sounds good. : )

Been trying to get some combos to work on Baiken but I think I need some help. If I start a combo with a dash I am fine, momentum helps carry Chipp through and the first few hits aren't affected (spacing wise) and I can connect with both Rekka hits HOWEVER, if I do FDC or SBC jumps into say j.HS (1 hit), 5S, 2D, 236S will hit but Baiken will tech before the 236K rekka follow-up will connect.

I have tried experimenting with 236S, d.P but the range is really trickey and I can't seem to get a knock down combo afterwards. Can any one help me with a d.P combo on Baiken that gets knock down?

Cheers loads.

edit. Just thought I'd add that this is mid-screen and any suggestions would be best from FDC or SBC j.HS please and thanks.

2nd edit. just read the stuff above about dust combos so I thought I would say, I have witnessed 5.D, j.D, j.D, dj.D land, S, HS, IAD combos (can't remember if it was 2 or 3 j.Ds before the double jump dust, sorry) but I can't remember if this was highly character specific or if its corner specific either, but I'll investigate.

Also does anyone have any tips on doing the IAD beta blade ID combo? Who would it be easiest to perform on and are there any tips for timing you guys can give me as I find the opponent can always tech before they reach the correct height for Chipp's 5S.

Edited by GuerrillaTactic

Okay something I've found that works from SBC but NOT from FDC is j.HS (1 hit), 5S, 2D, 236S, d.P, j.P, j.K (1 hit), j.K (2 hits), j.D, Alpha with a bit of delaying at the end so that you get knock down, still can't get anything from FDC though.

Started getting the ID to work on Pot with airdash beta, so would the next easiest character be Johnny or another heavyweight?

I can get dash jump, j.P, j.K (1 hit), j.K (2 hits), j.D, alpha to connect but not knock down.

If I go for dash jump, j.P, j.P the second j.K(2hits) whiffs, or am I just timing it wrong? Cheers very muchly for this by the way. If I can get this down it will help greatly against my regular Baiken opponent Zakuta.

Edit. By the way, who would be the next easiest character to try ID against after Pot?

Edited by GuerrillaTactic

against baiken, try dash jump j.P,P,K[2],K[2],D,alpha combos after 2d,236S. quite hard, but very useful.
Okay so I have tried that combo lots and lots from running forward jump and running neutral jump hoping the momentum will carry me into Baiken but neither works. Lots of help please!

for some reason my message didnt get posted:

there's no magic to it. d.s©,6P(1),2D,236S, dash jump j.P....

you do the dash jump with 669, obviously.

huh? Sorry, I should of explained better. I'm trying to combo from FDC from a dashing neutral jump so there is like almost 0 momentum behind it. I usually do j.HS (as I said, 0 momentum) S, 2D, 236S, I'll try adding in the 6P though, maybe that will make the difference?

If I have just got it all wrong please do tell me, I'll try it out in the next 10 minutes and see if I can update ya. Thanks again.

Is that even possible from j.HS?

If you're doing oki game it makes more sense to just do j.HS 2K S 2D and set up for another oki.. :P

just double-checked the combo, and it seems like its only possible against other lightweights, since the 2nd j.K will whiff against baiken.

try this:

[midscreen fdc j.HS(2),\/, d.]S©,2D,236S, d.j.P,K(1),K(2),K(2),S, dj.P,P,K(2),[K(2),]D,[236P]. "[]" brackets are optional. those combos worked for me. all of them ~ 162 damage.

this one is from the combo thread, but you gotta be extremely close (probably useless after a jumpin):

midscreen, 0%, 15 hits, 164 dam, knockdown (hard)

d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s,236k,p,j.p,j.p,j.k[2],delay j.k[2],j.D,236p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yijTJoEV_PQ

Edited by AtTheGates

I actually don't know how to time the running S after the j.HS(2) but I looked at the other combo which was j.P, j.K(1), j.K(2), j.K(2), j.S, dj.P, dj.P, dj.K(2), dj.D, alpha

that one seems to work for me it's just the running jump punch right at the beginning is really hard to time and land correctly so I'm very much hit and miss at the moment (but mostly miss).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks LOADS for this.

Yeah it's just one of those things that takes a ridiculous amount of practice to pull off consistently on certain chars.

Unless you're practicing for SBO or something, it really makes more sense to just do an oki reset rather than drop your pressure by whiffing the juggle =/

Edit: damn gates your execution's become ridiculous :X

Edited by Greed

Just wondering, which other characters is it best to do d.S© after a FDC j.HS and is there any major down side to doing the d.S© apart from maybe IBing the j.HS and getting enough time to tap inbetween that and the d.S©?

It just feels a bit risky to me at times. Thanks again

Just wondering, which other characters is it best to do d.S© after a FDC j.HS and is there any major down side to doing the d.S© apart from maybe IBing the j.HS and getting enough time to tap inbetween that and the d.S©?

It just feels a bit risky to me at times. Thanks again

you should be able to hit confirm the j:HS if both hits hit, then you can decide whether you want to dash or not. dashing is recommended against everyone if you want to go for longer combos - if you just need knockdown, S,2D should be OK, but the damage is relatively low, and the more combos you need, the more chances you give em to guess right and kill you in 2 combos ^^ not that i don't use this knockdown, i use it quite frequently, actually - you just gotta be aware of the downsides.

it's good against, say, johnny (since hes so big), for superjump j.K (whiff), then mixup FDC and FD, j.HS or j.S for a cross or fake cross.

you should be able to hit confirm the j:HS if both hits hit, then you can decide whether you want to dash or not. dashing is recommended against everyone if you want to go for longer combos - if you just need knockdown, S,2D should be OK, but the damage is relatively low, and the more combos you need, the more chances you give em to guess right and kill you in 2 combos ^^ not that i don't use this knockdown, i use it quite frequently, actually - you just gotta be aware of the downsides.

it's good against, say, johnny (since hes so big), for superjump j.K (whiff), then mixup FDC and FD, j.HS or j.S for a cross or fake cross.

I was just thinking that if you go for both attacks you can't safe jump, secondly it gives some one enough time to IB the second hit of j.HS so if I then input the dashing S© without hit confirming by accident then do I open myself up for alot of things?

Also in the specific case of Baiken, if I go for the j.HS (2hits) then doesn't that guarentee her the anchor counter? Just trying to think up possible gaps so I know how to plug them when the enemy thinks of them.

yeah, j.HS(2) against baiken is really risky, i usually go for a very late j.2K(1),\/,2K or simply empty jump in, 2K/ throw mixup against her to mix it up from time to time. edit: or jump over, airdash back j.D stuff and so on. everything BUT the obvious jump in ^^

as for j.HS getting instant blocked, yes, your d.S can get a little less safe if that happens, but the gap shouldn't be big enough to allow for a mashed normal if you pull it off right - keep in mind that you can be thrown, though, if you are too close. i've seen a couple of vids where chipps j.HS(2), d.S against pot and run right into a potbuster -_-

keep in mind that you can be thrown, though, if you are too close. i've seen a couple of vids where chipps j.HS(2), d.S against pot and run right into a potbuster -_-
That was the OTHER thing I was afraid of :(

Just got to watch out I guess.

by the way, this is only sort-of-related, but if you ever happen to do a way to high j.HS or j.D by accident, and you think you still have time to react before they can throw you, backdash when you land. i see this a lot in japanese vids against sols IBing both hs hits, for obvious reasons (VV).

if there's no more time to backdash, alpha FRC. will hit a lot of people who try to attack or throw. i'd call it a legit setup nowadays, although i don't really use it yet.

I ****ed around with RCed Rekkas the other day when I got to play and noticed you could dash in 6H out of them. This helps me out a bit. I'm still using some of Chipp's lamer BnBs, so noticing that I could go for the usual c.S > 6P > c.S > 6P > 2D > Rekka > IAD j.P > j.D > Alpha with optional 5H thrown in before hand or just a single j.D depending on the matchup, and then instead RC the rekka into 6HS > j.D > Alpha rather than hit-confirming for c.S > f.S > 2S > 5HS > 236S > 236S > RC > dash in > c.S > 6P > c.S > 6P > 2D when I want to spend 50% for damage. The 6H one also does more damage (167 on Sol, vs like 159 if I do the 2 rekka hits RC into another c.S > 6P loop, or less if I don't open with c.S > f.S > 2.S > HS), but it might not do as good of a job of pushing someone into a corner.

It also means I can 5K poke into 2D > rekka > RC > dash in 6HS > j.D > Alpha for solid damage if it's worth it and still keep the knockdown, or even spend 25% more for another loop and more damage. : )

Or do some of my 6P stupidity at full range and if a 6P > delay > 2D works, get a combo for it instead of just knockdown.

Personally (and this is just personally) I wouldn't spend 50% meter on a Rekka combo. You get marginally more than a standard 2D, Rekka combo but you have spent 50% meter and standard 2D, Rekka combos will get you knock down as well. Think of that 50% meter as 2 teleport FRCs or 2 Alpha blade FRCs. If you mess up (by accident or on purpose) the height of a jump in attack it no longer becomes the 50/50 of will he grab me or will he bait the dragon? Cancel the early jump attack into the air alpha FRC and continue your pressure as you land, or if the opponent tried to throw you the Alpha blade just connected with their HS and you get a free combo.

Even when it gets to the point where they know its coming as you do the jumping early attack, decide NOT to do the Alpha, land and throw, they are waiting expecting the Alpha so use the advantage. Teleport FRCs are deadly so I won't go into that but I think you can see why you might be selling yourself short if you are using that meter for an extra 20 points of damage and wall carry when it can be so much more both in terms of damage and psychology.

Sign in to follow this