Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illness690

Xrd online input delay

did they mention yet if they were even going to address the Netcode with a patch? or is this just what we have to work with...

they did not. but i probably will i have heard it is very bad. honestly for online 2 is fine. i haven't seen 1 yet and i don't think it will at all. 3 can be a bit rough but i will deal with it. 4 and above just sucks don't do it unless u are one the 420. the problem is they are testing the net in Japan and their net is godlike compared to ours lol.

Lol at 4f is unplayable.

Many people literally never see 4f and below except for when the match is loading and it says 2F.

(I am one of those people.)

Strangley enough though playing with the only person I know near me with GG (2km away) is only 1F less than playing people 4000 km away...

The online is pretty bad.  Like GGAC online bad. 

4F is almost unplayable.  Can't do anything outside of very basic bnb.

Its fine though.  I just teleport HS with chipp all day and grab with his command grab like a boss. 

2F games are very enjoyable though. 

I think too many people use Wifi or share connections with others who're doing other things, causing the lag to fluctuate a lot.  Constant 4F without hiccups is some what okayish...

4f is hardly unplayable. If it's fluctuating between 2-4 like it did for me, it's about as good as netcode gets. If it's fluctuating between 4-7 then, yeah that's a laggy match but that wasn't what I was mainly getting.

Ggac unplayable LOL. You cannot be serious. Solid 2 delay is the best we will get for a while. But you have to be rather close for that

4F is almost unplayable.  Can't do anything outside of very basic bnb.

if u can only do a basic BnB in that connection then don't bother at all. netplay is fine if u can do ur hardest combos consistently and not drop them due to lag.

Lol at 4f is unplayable.

Lol at u saying that. bro plz do u even offline at all? That sentence doesn't propose that you have even attempted to venture in a local scene and play games. In all honesty it makes u look somewhat scrubby. 

4f is pretty close to unplayable. It's certainly not something to take seriously.

I feel like the netplay is inconsistent, so I'm wondering if anyone's noticed anything in regard to stages and/or settings that affect things. I had a solid 2f delay against someone yesterday when we were playing on Dragonica Falls and no one was spectating. I felt like frame rate tended to go up if others were spectating and if mics were being used. Not sure about stages, yet, since I haven't had a chance to play that much. Anyone noticed if any stages lag or not?

4f is pretty close to unplayable. It's certainly not something to take seriously.

I feel like the netplay is inconsistent, so I'm wondering if anyone's noticed anything in regard to stages and/or settings that affect things. I had a solid 2f delay against someone yesterday when we were playing on Dragonica Falls and no one was spectating. I felt like frame rate tended to go up if others were spectating and if mics were being used. Not sure about stages, yet, since I haven't had a chance to play that much. Anyone noticed if any stages lag or not?

i have seen the JP play on the tournament stage only online. also by watching others play i think it lags less. this needs to be tested though

4f is hardly unplayable. If it's fluctuating between 2-4 like it did for me, it's about as good as netcode gets. If it's fluctuating between 4-7 then, yeah that's a laggy match but that wasn't what I was mainly getting.

Maybe I'm too used to how offline felt, or I'm getting old(oldschool XX player).  But damn at 4f I couldn't even do chipps 2D 236S 623HS D 236P 46 P at all. 

I just was like the hell with this..  All bnbs going into 2D.  Then jump FD cancel j.2K HS.  Lulz reload style. 

A few have stated going to Display and switching from "Visuals" to "Processing" makes a big difference in online performance. Also, use JP voices as apparently English is bugged still? I'll test this out tonight, but I still think the online as it is currently is fine. Your mileage may vary.

Are people really comparing online to offline and expect the former to be as good as the latter? Why?

Online is really good. If you're having a problem its probably you or your internet. I've played around 60 matches since  I got the game yesterday and most are 2-4 frames delay. I was playing vs a potemkin (around 20 matches) who was giving me 4-9 frames of lag and it was still good. He was comboing me like there was no tomorrow fancy combos with roman cancels into supers and crazy hit confirms. He had perfect setups and frame traps for me. AKA he mopped the floor with me. Everything was super responsive. I'm happy I'm sorry most of you can't be. - new guilty gear player.

Anyone calling it unplayable either needs to stop playing with people across the country, stop playing on wifi, or has never played delay based netcode before.

2-4 frames is normal.

Stop whining and complaining. 

Xrd net code is better than sf4 code at its best. 

I have 2-4 frame delay when playing with europe.

GGxrd have great net code. 

I agree a good match on this feels a bit better than a good match on sf4, but that's not the point.  It's almost 2015 not 2009.  A bad online experience shouldn't be acceptable.  Complain away.

You can definitely do fancy combos in 4 - 6F delay (assuming mild fluctuations), it's muscle memory after all. 

It's the reversal/Blitz Shield/hit confirms that suffer greatly from high lag IMO.

they did not. but i probably will i have heard it is very bad. honestly for online 2 is fine. i haven't seen 1 yet and i don't think it will at all. 3 can be a bit rough but i will deal with it. 4 and above just sucks don't do it unless u are one the 420. the problem is they are testing the net in Japan and their net is godlike compared to ours lol.

I think you have identified the main problem for US players.  In Japan their networks are mostly fiber connections while in the US most of the network is still copper wire unless your lucky enough to live in a major city which offers a fiber connection.

You can definitely do fancy combos in 4 - 6F delay (assuming mild fluctuations), it's muscle memory after all. 

It's the reversal/Blitz Shield/hit confirms that suffer greatly from high lag IMO.

IMO reversals are always one of the things that suffer the most online, especially DPs lol.

I just had a weird occurrence on netplay between PS4 and PS3. I was on PS3 and my buddy was on PS4. usually we have anywhere between 2-5f delay; however, this time when the match started he had a delay of 12f+ while I had a delay of 2f on my side. The kicker here is that it wasn't a matter of aesthetic or false reading. He said his game felt horribly laggy like a 12f+ match would, while for me it felt near flawless like a 2f delay match. I'm guessing this is happening because the patch that was recently released hasn't made it to PS3 yet.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Well I just had one of those moments where a connection reading 3-4F (which I pretty much never get) was worse than the normal 5-6F I typically play at in player matches, and I couldn't do simple 236 inputs after normals (which I can do just fine in 10F ranked matches). I'm mad salty right now, I've pretty much transformed into a giant salt shaker. If people experience that shit on a regular basis I can see now why they would trash the online of this game to hell, cause goddamn it is reaaally infuriating. 

I just had a weird occurrence on netplay between PS4 and PS3. I was on PS3 and my buddy was on PS4. usually we have anywhere between 2-5f delay; however, this time when the match started he had a delay of 12f+ while I had a delay of 2f on my side. The kicker here is that it wasn't a matter of aesthetic or false reading. He said his game felt horribly laggy like a 12f+ match would, while for me it felt near flawless like a 2f delay match. I'm guessing this is happening because the patch that was recently released hasn't made it to PS3 yet.

Anyone else experience something like this?

I have been experiencing this ALL DAY yesterday and today :/. I feel like the update actually caused more online problems than fixed them. I would be the one with the 12f delay, while everyone is playing with great connection. And I'm on ps4