Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

I don't see how when Erika doesn't want to be in your face to begin with. Push blocking Erika does exactly what she wants, gets her away from you.

Quite the contrare. Watching all of those Erika Kumite videos, the characters look like a little breathing room would benefit them a lot, which is exactly what this pushblock does for them, though the timing is tight, so good reactions and decent reads are needed to even use it properly. I gotta play games with my friends again. See how this mechanic affects the game and matchups (not that we really know any, lol)

I just tested it with Agito&Rouga and its like Instant Block with some push back they most likely add it to make keep away and trap character like Kinako better i think.

Quite the contrare. Watching all of those Erika Kumite videos, the characters look like a little breathing room would benefit them a lot, which is exactly what this pushblock does for them, though the timing is tight, so good reactions and decent reads are needed to even use it properly. I gotta play games with my friends again. See how this mechanic affects the game and matchups (not that we really know any, lol)

But Erika shouldn't be bothered by someone wanting breathing room. Applying pressure is fine, but she does it from well past mid screen. Even if someone push blocks her she won't have to move far to get back into range again. Erika does have pretty hard hitting combos and good pressure with the assists, but you can't forget that at the end of the day she's a keep away character. Being at range does not hurt Erika, it helps her. If someone is in such a bad position that they need to push block you, you're doing your job.

Yo john could you make vid showing how the yellow guard can be use in match? TY

I'm not sure what I would show you that isn't already obvious. I'm not exactly sure what the properties of it are engine wise so I can't comment on that, but push blocking should be a pretty standard concept to grasp on how they would be useful.

In a not so surprising turn of events, Yellow Guarding reduces chip damage by 50%. Tested with Rouga's rekka chain, blocked in the first picture, yellow guarded in the second, and a lovely grid in the third with an opacity overlay to show the difference.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m558/JohnGrimm1/BBBRChipDamage.png

post-24195-139515164856_thumb.jpg

But Erika shouldn't be bothered by someone wanting breathing room. Applying pressure is fine, but she does it from well past mid screen. Even if someone push blocks her she won't have to move far to get back into range again. Erika does have pretty hard hitting combos and good pressure with the assists, but you can't forget that at the end of the day she's a keep away character. Being at range does not hurt Erika, it helps her. If someone is in such a bad position that they need to push block you, you're doing your job.

I'm not sure what I would show you that isn't already obvious. I'm not exactly sure what the properties of it are engine wise so I can't comment on that, but push blocking should be a pretty standard concept to grasp on how they would be useful.

Erika does NEED to get in though. Erikas only move that actually goes full screen is Shoko (the fat one right?) and even then that is easily counterable. Yellow Guard doesn't make her game usleless, but you can sit here in tell me that it doesn't hurt it.

Erika does NEED to get in though. Erikas only move that actually goes full screen is Shoko (the fat one right?) and even then that is easily counterable. Yellow Guard doesn't make her game usleless, but you can sit here in tell me that it doesn't hurt it.

Actually, no not really. With how they implemented yellow guard, using it constantly will only push you into the corner where yellow guarding doesn't help you at all because you can't go backwards anymore. No she isn't full of full screen moves, but it doesn't matter. 90% of the roster has no choice but to try and get in on her, it's only against Agito and MAYBE Kinako that Erika would have to try and move forward. No one can really play range like that in this game besides those characters, let everyone else yellow guard since they're STILL going to have to come to you.

Basically in most matchups one of two things will happen, they yellow guard themselves into the corner where Erika can really mess you up, or they back up for a second before trying to get back in again. The only time you'd have to worry is against other keep away characters with full screen attacks that don't need to come to you, but those were problem matchups for Erika anyways for the exact same reasons.

Actually, no not really. With how they implemented yellow guard, using it constantly will only push you into the corner where yellow guarding doesn't help you at all because you can't go backwards anymore. No she isn't full of full screen moves, but it doesn't matter. 90% of the roster has no choice but to try and get in on her, it's only against Agito and MAYBE Kinako that Erika would have to try and move forward. No one can really play range like that in this game besides those characters, let everyone else yellow guard since they're STILL going to have to come to you.

Basically in most matchups one of two things will happen, they yellow guard themselves into the corner where Erika can really mess you up, or they back up for a second before trying to get back in again. The only time you'd have to worry is against other keep away characters with full screen attacks that don't need to come to you, but those were problem matchups for Erika anyways for the exact same reasons.

I see what you mean. But in the corner yellow gaurd push blocks, not that anyone would want to be in the corner.

I see what you mean. But in the corner yellow gaurd push blocks, not that anyone would want to be in the corner.

It does, but the distance it pushes is so small it's negligible. It would take quite a few successful yellow guards to put Erika at any kind of distance.

>.>.......I like being cornered......

i Am seeing new bbbr matches on nico video. gonna link them later

I didn't see any new videos... :<

Least not matches, but I did see these "combos"

I played the original BBB a while back, and wasn't impressed. Judging from the newer videos, the sequel doesn't seem to be as broken as its predecessor.

That's extremely accurate. In fact, the biggest complaint I've heard about Revolve is that it's NOT broken and people find it less entertaining than 1st Impression because of it. Some character's movesets were toned down and the overall cast was made more unique in my opinion.

I find revolve a lot more entertaining to watch than the original BBB....

Hopefully it'll gain more reputation, so there will be more match videos on the internet to watch.

anyone interested in testing the online play with me? come to hamachi room

name:steins;

pw:gate

the room is currently for soku but mayb will turn it into a room for both games

I find revolve a lot more entertaining to watch than the original BBB....

Hopefully it'll gain more reputation, so there will be more match videos on the internet to watch.

That won't happen with us sitting on our asses. I admit i have been lazy with trying to start up a scene, i'll try to see now that i have the time. (Track practice lockout)

Also rens cans and bottles seem to be useless since they are easily punishable outside of knockdown. I've been trying to work up a nice pressure game in the corner and so far i am failing at it unless i have a knockdown. If anyone has any corner pressure that works let me know.

Hmm, this game's weird button priority seems to make some option selects possible. Some examples:

The classic crouch tech (Input: 2AB > 2AB)

During opponent's blockstring / on wakeup

Result on hit/block: 2A > 2B

Result on opponent throw attempt: Tech

Loses to frametraps/meaty hits.

Backdash option select (Input: 2AB > 2AB > 2BC, Ren's version catches midscreen backdash attempts as well)

On opponent's wakeup

Result on hit/block: 2A > 2B > 2C (Ren: make safe with 623C on block)

Result on backdash: 2A > 2B (Ren: follow up with 214B)

Loses to reversals.

That won't happen with us sitting on our asses. I admit i have been lazy with trying to start up a scene, i'll try to see now that i have the time. (Track practice lockout)

It's kind of hard to start a scene for a PC game if you don't have a laptop, so even though I tell people to play the game no one really does because we can't play it when we meet up.

It's kind of hard to start a scene for a PC game if you don't have a laptop, so even though I tell people to play the game no one really does because we can't play it when we meet up.

I luckily downloaded this game on my laptop though. I can start one, the question is when.