Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jyosua

[April 18th, 2015] Arc Divide: Renewal (GG Xrd, BBCP, UNIEL, P4U2, and more) @ UGC in North Hollywood, CA

So both Hellfromabove and I have taken over running the event since NOS_TALGIC is now living in NorCal. Hellfromabove is a suave guy you've seen running brackets and playing GG at the events in the past and I've been the streamer. As usual, we will make sure this event stays deconflicted with Rebel Up and local major tournaments as much as possible.

People who wanted a higher entry fee last time didn't show up. So, we're changing the entry fees to $3 for Evo games and UNIEL.

Finally, we could use some people commentating! This especially helps if you are able to click a few buttons to update the match scores when I have to go play a match and overall helps things run smoother. If you don't see anybody commentating, please feel free to jump on!

Venue Fee
$7

Main Games
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $3
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (PS3) - $1
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3) - $1
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) - $3
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3) - $3
Mystery Game (?) - Not being run this time.
VSav (UD CPS2 or PS3) - TBA
Skullgirls Encore (PS3) - TBA

Side Tournaments

TBA

Tournament Schedule
2PM - Casuals
4PM - BBCP/P4AU
6PM - GG+R
7PM - UNIEL
9PM - Xrd

Streams
ASW Games: twitch.tv/Jyosua
All Other Games: twitch.tv/UGClive

Stream Schedule (Jyosua)
4PM - P4AU (Possible break for Top 4 BB, if things run smoothly)
6PM - GG+R
7PM - UNIEL
9PM - Xrd

Stream Schedule (UGC)
N/A

Payouts
70/20/10 - Only for tournaments with an entry fee greater than $1.

Brackets
UGC Challonge

Setups
There are a decent number of monitors available, but bringing PS3s with the games (UNIEL, Xrd, BBCP, P4AU, etc.) is needed. Still bring monitors, though, if you are able!

Venue
8551 Vesper Ave
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Neighborhood: Panorama City
Ph: (818) 825-0054
URL: ugcgamer.com

No problem.

I just updated the thread to reflect that, based on community feedback, we will be changing the free games to $1.

It's up to UGC, but expect $10. I think previous events were technically supposed to be $10 anyhow... not that it happened.

No disrespect to anyone but this is the most unorganized place Ive been to.I called the owner(forget what his name is) and he said it was Friday > I go there today and nothing. Everyone was playing smash and street fighter. It happened again the last time. I was thinking this is the new FFA . nope its not. Owner is a super cool guy, so hopefully it will be the go to place for GG and BB for me. Till then I got to find a spot to get some Xrd on.

For future reference you're better off contacting the people that organize the events, rather than the owner/people that work there as their info might possibly be out of date or wrong. The person you spoke to was probably thinking of the anime casuals that Nostalgic used to run every other Fri., though I don't know if that's still being run anymore however there is an event tomorrow for sure.

No disrespect to anyone but this is the most unorganized place Ive been to.I called the owner(forget what his name is) and he said it was Friday > I go there today and nothing. Everyone was playing smash and street fighter. It happened again the last time. I was thinking this is the new FFA . nope its not. Owner is a super cool guy, so hopefully it will be the go to place for GG and BB for me. Till then I got to find a spot to get some Xrd on.

Arc Divide is always on saturdays.

We used to host bi-weekly anime games meetups (bb, skullgirls, ect...) on fridays (seperate from arc divide) but since nostalgic is ditching us for norcal (traitor :p ) we don't have anyone organizing that meetup.

Anyways, there is a possibility i may need a ride to and from arcdivide. If anyone is able to pick me up, I'm at CSUN so its only 10 minutes away.

For future reference you're better off contacting the people that organize the events, rather than the owner/people that work there as their info might possibly be out of date or wrong. The person you spoke to was probably thinking of the anime casuals that Nostalgic used to run every other Fri., though I don't know if that's still being run anymore however there is an event tomorrow for sure.

We used to host bi-weekly anime games meetups (bb, skullgirls, ect...) on fridays (seperate from arc divide) but since nostalgic is ditching us for norcal (traitor :p ) we don't have anyone organizing that meetup.

Anyways, there is a possibility i may need a ride to and from arcdivide. If anyone is able to pick me up, I'm at CSUN so its only 10 minutes away.

It's better to contact the organizers of the events rather than the people that are running the establishment. The Anime games tournament is run once a month on a Saturday (closer to the end of the month). As it states in the first thread, Jyosua and I have taken up the responsibility of running/ organizing the events. Apart from the normal once a month saturday tournament there are talks of a weekly event that will take place sometime on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Along with that, Jyosua and I are talking about some grander things as well. These things take time and planning so we wouldn't want to prematurely announce anything. Just keep checking back to see when we announce the next events.

For those interested, the next monthly date will be posted late tonight or tomorrow by Jyosua. Also, the venue fee is $5, there was an exception to the previous event since it was more centered around the US release for Xrd and that was the reason the venue was open all night and food and drinks were provided. Unless otherwise stated by the main post, the venue and entry fee per game are as is.

Important note, this is kind of late notice, but it was brought to my attention by the owner last night that he would like to make Xrd a ranbat series. It will start with today's event and will complete when their signature Tournament of Champions event comes around. So the top 8 of today's tournament will receive points. More details will be posted hopefully tomorrow when we iron out the details.

Also, come introduce yourselves to me today at the event if I don't already know you. I would like to get to know each and every one of you  :) .

What time does all the anime goodness start anyway

Tournament was supposed to start with BBCP at 4pm, but it seems some people are running late. Signups have started and BBCP will start no later than 5pm.

Thanks to everyone in attendance for yesterday's tournament. Things started an hour late since people coming for the tournament were arriving closer to the start time. However, things seemed to run pretty smoothly and were able to get done rather quickly. Unfortunately there was the hold up near the end, but this is something we've discussed to prevent in the future. I hope to see more people at the next event.

In other news, as some of you know my laptop was stolen from UGC near the end of the night  yesterday during the grand finals of Xrd. The owners at UGC were able to check the cameras that were in that room and get a clear view of the thief. They then proceeded to Facebook where the picture was posted for everyone to see who the person was. Thanks to some loyal community members, the thief was identified and asked to give the laptop back. They were able to attain it today and banned the person who stole it.

im sorry that the under night friday scene is not well organize with the arc divide schedule due to small crowds on fri's. I will update the under night friday dl page again and the next unf should be on feb 6 . 

You should ask someone who plays smash at csun that wants to go to ugc to give you a ride.

So this is actually going to be the location where the SoCal vs NorCal UNIEL clash is taking place! There will be a 7on7 as well as a singles tournament ($5 entry, not $1) Any UNIEL players, please make it out to this! 

We're still working out the schedule exactly, but I'll update the thread to reflect the changes once that's completely worked out.

If possible I think most of us driving from Norcal would like the 7on7 to happen BEFORE the UNIEL tournament, if possible

think most of the norcal guys care more about the 7on7 than the tournament itself, and probably dont want to have to wait for the tournament to be over to do it.

Would really like to go to this. I'll be down there already on the 27th (from bako) and if I can find some way of staying overnight, I'll definitely go the next day.