Sign in to follow this  
TGS

GGXX#R Millia Guide

Placeholder for preliminary Millia guide I am writing right now. Will post when almost completed (around 90% or so). Currently about 85% finished.

So far I've done stuff about her normals, specials, and Overdrives. Right now I'm working on the combos format, which is gonna take a lot of work but once I get the ball rolling I can get a lot done, and I still have to do her "advanced tactics" stuff like Disc Traps, how to use Secret Garden effectively, etc. Then there's match-up specific stuff where I'm gonna need some input from other Millia users seeing as how I have no experience in some matchups and what she can do to counter other character's basic stuff. Then at the end is random info stuff like colors and etc.

By the way, I'm using stuff like your combo vids, bakablitz's FAQ, various match vids, browsing through old posts at gcc.com, etc. for helping me with the guide if that's cool with you.

My goal is to make this as comprehensive as possible when it comes to playing Millia in hopes of more people picking up Millia and using her effectively... Even if Slash is coming out soon, I'm still gonna be working on this guide (and maybe start a Slash one if I have access to a Slash machine nearby...) until I feel it is complete.

The stuff I'm worried about is frame data for Millia's moves, since there are still some holes in bakablitz's FAQ, and I can't find any other source online...

Using my vids as reference etc. is perfectly fine. :)

"as comprehensive as possible" sounds promising; i'm eager to see the outcome.

Slash won't be much different, a lot of the things will apply there I reckon, u just need to change some info but not that much.

Personally i'd like to see some general things too... like how to play Millia effectively, about her play style and whats good whats bad about her in general. it' would be really interesting.

yeah that forum is real good. especially the "# reload millia" thread. more than enough there to keep most ppl happy. well me anyway. (Better move fast, I think that thread is going to be deleted. Somebody save it to their computer so i can, eh, get it off them later please, im lazy!)

The guide seems like a good idea, only other millia guide I ever saw was written by a guy who had bad english. that was useless. good luck with it.

cool, I just started learning millia.

question to millia players: what is good blockstring to use? and does the low-hitting special (where millia rides her hair) have any use at all?

I think pxN is the best block string in THE UNIVERSE!!!11ONE1! And teh only uses for teh low-hitting thingy where do the ride teh hair thing is good for getting around the screen in style. :cool:

and does the low-hitting special (where millia rides her hair) have any use at all?

corner pressuring, dodging aireals, and its a decent combo link when they're landing about quarter screen from you...

..thats about all the uses i found for it

remember you have about a frame or 2 where she jumps a charector space backwards befor the actual attack.

cool, I just started learning millia.

question to millia players: what is good blockstring to use? and does the low-hitting special (where millia rides her hair) have any use at all?

Good blockstring with Millia... It really depends on what you are aiming for when you do blockstrings because there's different types of blockstrings for different situations. For example: Wanna bait out attacks for counter hit S Tandem Top? Do a short blockstring that pushes Millia at the maximum range for a S Tandem Top, and do a delayed S Tandem Top after the end of a blockstring, hoping the opponent flinched. Wanna work tick throw/counter hit games but opponent is pushing you away? Do a blockstring that puts opponent in a big enough blockstun and cancel it into a Ground Roll to end up close to the opponent then throw/attack. Get the idea? There will be some sort of blockstring section in the guide I'm working on; it'll take a while.

As for her Hair Car/Hair Ride/Iron Sabre, it's used for attacking low and starting combos. Also it has a really tricky mixup option built in if you FRC the move before it hits the opponent. For example, knock them down, plant a HS Tandem Top on top of them, then you can do a high/low mixup with the Iron Sabre move that's pretty hard to block on reaction. Once they eat the high or low, they'll eat the Tandem Top as well, which lets you combo them for more damage hopefully ending in the same HS Tandem Top setup to start the guessing game again.

Just wait till my Millia guide is done, or look at the old posts from gamecombos.com at the link someone posted a few posts earlier if it's still up.

Lemme throw in my 2 cents if thats ok =]....

..I think one of the key things to learn with Millia is reading the opponents defense. It's all about feeling your opponent. How they move around, their patterns, what they like doing, what they like doing on specific situations. The more you play Millia in actual matches, the faster you'll be able to adapt. Millia's not all training mode.

It's all about feeling out the situation. Always think ahead. Don't just throw out random mixups. Do mixups that call for the situation.

For example, you just did a knock down, and your opponent has a meter. Now lets start thinking... this guy will most likely DAA your attack on wake up. So obviously the worst mixup to do is an attack that hits low. Since he will most likely block low and then DAA. So a better mixup is an overhead. But theres still a chance for him to DAA since he might block high. So the best mixup to do in this situation is to throw them.

You can do it with..

FRC HS Tandem Top... then run up and throw...

What if the opponent has a decent wake up/overdrive move? Then you can FRC HS Tandem Top... dash back... THEN run up and throw.

No meter to FRC with? Then you can delay HS Tandem Top... then run up and throw.

So what if you just threw a Tandem Top and you're running to them and about to throw them but they jump out.. react to it, and super jump and air throw them.

And all that is just one mixup for one situation.

Her mixups are all about having backup mixups within backup mixups within backup mixups. This means if your mixup/setup gets blocked, you immediately adapt and have another mixup/block string ready to do within the next millisecond. Keep up the pressure. Don't let them breathe.

Some simple examples...

2k into 5k, into 6k... overhead gets blocked... cancel the 6k into roll then throw

or

FRC Tandem Top...into Tiger Knee Badmoon.. overhead gets blocked... opponent blocks the FRCed Tandem Top...run up to them throw..

or

HS Tandem Top on wakeup.. low hit with a 2k... gets blocked.. opponent blocks the Tandem Top.. run up to them... do 2 2ks.. then instant overhead into tiger knee badmoon.

Sometimes its even good to telegraph your mixups. . Be predictable when your opponent thinks you're going to be unpredictable. If your opponent gets hit by 2 overheads in a row, then they're gonna start blocking high the third time. So you go for a low hit. Wanna be an ass and see if this guy doesn't learn his lessson? Then do another overhead the third time. Does it get blocked? Then immediately go with the backup mixup that calls for that specific situation. You gotta have a plan A, a plan B, a plan C, etc.

Another thing is... block/bait bursts. Learn them. Know the setups for blocking/avoiding every burst situations. Millia shouldn't get hit by bursts 90% of the time... if not higher. There isn't a lot of safe situations or moves to burst against her. Millia is a character who you shouldn't carelessly bursts against. So make sure you make you drill that into your opponent's head and make them learn the hard way. I personally don't like it when there are times that I do get hit by a burst, since I know I could've avoided it. Johnny is probably IMO the best burst eater since he's usually out of range against bursts when he's comboing you, and he can punish your burst with ridiculous damage if he has meter for an FRC. There can be a disadvantage to this though. You might psyche yourself out in trying to block/ avoid bursts especially against better players, that you don't continue your combo or throw off your timing (sometimes I still do this). If you're doing a combo and yor tried to bait a burst by not continuing the combo, but the opponent didn't burst, make sure you keep up the pressure.. or go with a certain setup that calls for that situation..

For example..

2k into 5k into 6k.. opponent gets hit with the overhead... cancel 2k into FRC iron sabre then block or dash back to avoid burst... but opponent doesn't burst... run in then throw.. or another 2k into 5k into 6k or whatever mixup of your choice.

Don't get discouraged when your mixups are getting blocked. Either they're getting really lucky or they're smart. But they are not psychic. They might think they're smart by countering or avoiding your setups. But they have a disadvantage. They still can't read your mind. So its up to you to be smarter and adapt against their defense. You're the Millia player not them. So you should do the right setup for the right situation while adapting against the specific character and the specific player.

And the most important thing is dedication. Don't give up. I know a lot of players who tried to pickup Millia and have asked me for advice.. only to substitute her for a better, easier character. There's been countless times when I thought that Millia was a horrible character. Anyone who I've regularly played against know that I've said this a lot before. Her rushdown and pressure isn't as safe as Eddie, her priority isn't as high as Slayer, her pressure strings isn't as solid as Jam, doesn't deal as high damage as Robo-Ky, she can't spam the screen with projectiles, and she has the 2nd worst defense.

I've been playing Millia for so long, and I still don't think I've reached that level where I'll be completely confident and satisfied with her. If you've only started playing Millia for a couple weeks and you're already wrecking shit up with her, then most likely your opponents are not that good or at least needs to learn how to fight her. Millia has a very steep learning curve. Her combos are hard, her mixups are hard, and winning against good players with her is hard.

But I think Millia is one of the characters in the game who has the best chance of beating any player and any character (Eddie probably being the best and Millia 2nd). Because of her versatility and ability to adapt. Even against Slayer, her counter character.

All in all just play Millia smart. Millia is not an auto pilot character like Eddie. Playing auto pilot will get you killed fast especially against better players. You can't get good by just reading frame datas all day and practicing combos in training mode can only get you so far. It's all about in game experience. Don't just do the same combos over and over. Millia has tons of combos especially for specific characters. Change it up so your opponent doesn't feel the rhythm and timing of their wake up. Sometimes do long combos.. sometimes do fast ones that knock them down instantly. Play Millia swift and relentless (at least what I prefer). Get a good rhythm and feel for her. Never panic. Adapt fast.. offensively AND defensively. Always look for ways to improve yourself.

Hope that helps guys. sorry for the long post..

corner pressuring, dodging aireals, and its a decent combo link when they're landing about quarter screen from you...

oh yeah i forgot to mention.. not sure if it's still the same for the newer ones.. but in gg, and ggxx, her hair coaster thing also pulls them off the ground from ko mode.

nice post by def1nitely

the way i like to think about mixups though, is i already have a bunch preset in my mind so all i have to think is "overhead time" and i plug in one of my overhead options. so i'll think, disk, (high low throw), blocked, disk hits, (high low throw, or redisk options(high low throw)), if all is blocked end string by 236h or 214h. plus the 2 or three other weird mixups i like to use if i have 50% tension, these are near impossible to block if you don't know them. and i have a few i like to use when they are constant fd blockers.

then if i hit, know if they have burst, insert either burst block combo, 2p, 5p, 5p, or the regular one.

only sad thing about her amazing mixups game is if her throw doesn't reset, that'll destroy LOTS of the fear she has. plus she might lose the burst block options into knockdowns which would also suck a lot. we'll see though.

and just the 214p (hair move) that by itself, frc when it hits, k(in air), land, (2k), s, 2h is excellent, has option select shit with it to to block bursts. great move, that they will definitely tone down like they should.

a corner mixup i always like, though it takes 100% tension but fucks people up.

236h, 214p frc, k(air), land, dash, disk hits, 214p, frc, k, land, 2k, 2s, 236236s. doesn't happen often but it's still mean as hell.

ok, this is a bunch of stuff i pulled from millia reload thread on gamecombos.com. just copied and pasted and not organized at all but it's all solid info, i think.

and now after posting i realize maybe i should have made a new thread.... meh

i thought i said it was character specific? ah well i'll do a breakdown just for kicks fo all the wonderful iad combos.

All performed on sol, though they can be used on every character just read the exceptions. this is basically a comparison chart of all her possible air combos. complete enough for me for the time being, maybe i'll finish it sometime soon....

(178) standard combo, doesn't work in corner in reload

2s, 2h, sjc. s, p, s, h(3), land, s, 2h, sjc. s, p, p, hs(3), 214s, land, 6h

(176) standard combo with iad after relaunch so it works in reload in the corner or non-corner

2s, 2h, sjc, s, p, s, h(3), land, 2, 2h, sj. iad., p, h(2), 214s, land, 6h

(182-184) iad start, then standard combo, works in reload in corner or non-corner, one i use mostly because it's pretty easy

2s, 2h, iad, s, h(1-2), land, s, 2h, sjc., s, p, p, hs(2-3) 214s, land, 6h

(194-202-207) the main pure iad combo, non-corner or corner read the exceptions.

2s, 2h, iad, s, h(1-2), land, s, 2h, sj. iad., s*, h(1), land, s, 2h, sj. iad. s*, hs(2), land, s, 2h, iad, p, hs(1), 214s, land, 6hs.

Ok, the stars mean instead of a s you do a p, and the damage at the beginning reflects this fo filling in the second as a p then also the first as a p.

ok, this works on ALL characters except 3, jam, may and baiken(maybe faust too, but he's the only one i didn't test it on as i HATE iad'ing him off the first launch.). once i did do it starting with 2k, s, 2h, i connected it on baiken barely. the p version works on all characters the s doesn't work on, and works on most if not all the cast, and is usually easier to pull off in general. the only people the s one is easy to pull off is like ky, roboky and potemkin, maybe a couple others. i've gotten better with it, so on people like zappa, johhny, eddie and a few others it's not too bad, even millia and chipp is mediocre. does 261 on chipp straight out with no tension . and that third sj. iad, s can be really hard to hit with though sometimes you can just iad it depending on the character and how high you catch them.

to help timing, lighter characters usually need the hs(2) and a LOW relaunch to get them, not too bad when you get used to it.

and i think i put the exact right combo, it's off memory, the air hs(1 or 2) can generally be interchanged, so if you pull off the 1 you'll probably get a tiny bit more damage. and lastly, on rare occassion i have done hs(1), land, 2hs, on accident, it can combo on certain characters but again the timing is hard as hell and i don't care to venture into that. ooh, i think i found something on jam and most likely other light characters with this, too lazy to test at the moment though :(.

lastly on iad combos, the combo posted above is purely non-corner necessary, when you hit the corner some characters can be launched with iad. hs(2), land, s, 2h, for a bit more damage as well. mostly the chicks i think.

disk iad combo.... ok damage was 223 i think i remember, i'll do it on ky again tonight because it's much easier to pull. i thought it'd be more damage starting with a disk, but i guess not too much. and when i did it with tension did like 4 more damage or something dumb like that, maybe because i didn't relaunch after it though, something else to do.

236h, 2s, dash, 2h, iad, s, h(1), land, then standard iad combo or the tension combo if spacing is right. this part works on all characters too i believe. and 2s isn't necessary, i'll omit that so it can be used after say a 2369k just for damage purposes.

(220-222)50% tension combo, works on all chars that the 236236s connects all 3 hits on, with little variations at end

2s, 2h, iad, s, h(1), 214s, land, 6h, 236236s, dash, possible pin pick up, 2h, sj. iad, s, h(1), land, s, 2h, iad, p, h(2) (if you grabbed pin, h(1), 214s, land, 6h)

there's of course 100% tension and a better 50% tension if you have them in the corner from the start. of course pin to 6h, 236s, s, 2h in the corner for more damage. which is almost as good as the tension one, that's been mentioned many times before as well. and the eddie one i've seen a lot recently,corner after disk hits, hs, 236s, 2h, air combo, anyone know if that's only eddie or works on a few characters?

for disk traps we used to have a list, but i'll put some of my favorites.

so either off air combo knockdown dash 236h, or 2d knockdown 214k, 236h.

-dash, 236h, 2k, disk hits, dash, mixup or air combo

-236h frc 6k, disk hits, dash, mixup or air combo

-dash or not, 236h frc 2s, disk hits, dash, mixup or air combo

-dash. 236h, 2369k, dash, mixup or air combo, this one is a really good crossup though they can jump out

-dash, 236h frc, 2369k, land, throw, though they can throw you first

-236h, walk up and throw before disk hits, it's ok from time to time especially if you use 2k a lot and they get used to blocking low

-dash, 236h, 2k, 214k, either combo, or start your mixup, semi- crossup

-longer dash, 236h frc, 2k, 214k, disk hits, this one the 2k hits, then you cross them up but it doesn't combo so hopefully the crossup gets them which it usually will and there will be no damage preforation, hard to pull off without getting thrown because the 2k needs to come immediately after the frc

-also dash 236h, 2369p, good for getting people who try to throw you and works well in corner, though near impossible to follow up not in corner on since it has a lot of recovery

BEST, mostly for corner though if you do iad combos it can be done anywhere on screen

-land 236h, 214p, frc k, disk hits, the kick is an overhead, hard to pull and impossible to pull if you don't have stick, you frc with p, s, hs, then tap k within a couple frames, this blocks any wakeup in the game as well, besides slayer backdash bite which won't happen often, so this is your best bet again anyone with an uppercut and is the best overhead in the game

-then to mix this up, delay the 214p a split second and frc when you hit them so it's a low hit instead and combo, these 2 mixups together are nasty, almost a 50/50 you'll get them though this second one only combos in corner, and can be uppercut. if they block dash and mixup

for uppercut characters, it's a guessing game in your favor still but it does help them some. if you can bait it you get a free nasty combo. though if you try to bait they can just jump away. i use 3 baits well kind of 4

-dash, 236h, delay a split second, back dash, then run back in after disk hits.

-dash, 236h, 2k(whiff), block, you can actually throw them before the disk hits, but you can also be thrown. most people won't though because the 2k fakes them, and if they uppercut you can block, pretty good standard mixup as well

-then the 236h, 214p frc k, man this one is awesome.

-lastly, the 236h 2369h messes with some wakeup's and od's though not sure about all of them, sol's i know still hits you but i think it dodges chipp's and sometimes you can cross them up before they can even wakeup.

as for defense. your best jab is 5p, and learn the 2369k, p, s, hs, combo to follow it up, hard to get at first but damn it's handy as her 5p is surprisingly one of the best anti-airs in the game. air d is decent for long range air to air and partial zoning. her slash comes out quick though again chipp and jam it's only decent. and get used to backdashing at good times, this with good fd'ing can get you out of anything, so get good at backdashing and fd'ing but watch out for tick throws especially against jam when fd'ing. fd and backdash are amazing, get used to it. laying out a 236h when they're far away can help. her air kick is nasty for air to air, comes out amazingly quick, and even her air punch is good, i've used them with good success againt both of those characters. 6p is only decent as it has way too much recovery though from time to time it's ok. and learn to airthrow chipp, you can break a lot of his strings that way. and her 214k can be very good on defense, give you a free throw if they whiff a move while you go under it, just be careful with it. most important thing about chipp, be patient, his string will either end, or put him somewhere he is vulnerable, though hard to pick apart at first there are many holes, though i'm not great at picking them apart, damn you burningvigor.

oh and i did see a useful 236p frc combo abusing the bug where your jump k would hit ducking block stun characters, so for that one instance it's useful though still hard as hell to pull. oh and a weird ass crossup using it on wakeup, yet again character specific and hard as hell to pull. personally i just rc it.

50% tension one

air combo, land, dash, 236h, 2k, disk hits as you dash again, k, hs, 236h, 214pks, then frc the 214p, k while still in the air(overhead), disk hits

if the 214p caught them for some reason you p, p, sjc. k, air combo to relaunch which does about 210. or if the first k hit them just combo.

if the overhead hits them which it probably will, dash, 6h, 236s, s, 2h, sj. iad., p, h(2), s, 2h, sjc. iad, p, h(2), 214s, 6h. this does 304.

the easier version, just run in after the overhead/disk hits, s, 2h, air combo with relaunch does about 245.

if they block it all you still get another rushdown after the disk hits which if you had 50% tension you could do it again if you really wanted.

if they are fding go for a tick throw or a different 236h frc mixup.

the 75% option is better, only difference is you start it with 214p frc, air k, land, disk hits, then if they block run in and k, h, 236h, blah blah blah. then there's no way out really because you snuff their wakeups.

-disk hits, dash, fd stop tick throw

-disk hits, dash, 2k, tick throw

-disk hits, dash, k, 6k, rc, dash and combo or mixup again

-disk hits, dash, 2k, 2s, 2369p, rc, combo or mixup again

-disk hits, dash, k, 2s, 2h, 2d, be aware of what you hit with and combo accordingly, maybe throw out secret garden even if blocked as in 1336 or something else if you think they'll run, or just roll if if the 2d hits, throw out a disk and okizeme

-disk hits, dash, 2k, 2s, 2369k, throw

-disk hits, dash, 2k, delay a very split second, 2k, s, 2h, 2d

-disk hits, dash k, h, 236h frc, either 2d or 6h, or run after them if they run away, or block if you think they'll attack

-disk hits, dash, k, 236h frc, throw

-disk hits, dash, k, s, 2s, 236h frc, iad air k(crossup overhead, disk hits, land run up and mixup or combo

-disk hits, dash, 2k, s, 2s(or 2h), iad. k, 214s, air dash, k, s, land, 2k(or h), 236h frc, 2k or 6k, disk hits, dash in mixup or combo

--disk hits, dash, 2k, 2s, 214k, throw, try this one, it KILLS noobs, actually most people for some reason, but they'll get used to it and it becomes useless, i almost forgot to mention it because of that.

well those are just some example and i'll explain them a bit better. you really just have about 4 options with millia.

1. standard mixup consisting mainly of low hits

2. tick throw options

3. standard mixup into a frc 236h, try to do a higher level attack before the 236h so they're in block stun longer, though just 2k goes into it ok. but they can escape these, so don't be predictable

4. the kick mixups, as in 2k, k, 6k, or 2k, k, 2k, dash back in or any variation

5. jump cancelling strings. first off the 2369k and p which are solid. then the iad over there head, k, 214s, air dash, k, s, (or pkpk) land, then choose another mixup, this one can be gotten out of as well but adds quite a bit to guard gauge

6.delayed mixups, these work well in tandem with tick throws, people will try to throw you back, attack you or jump away and eat your attack

and you can mix these options together and vary your attack strings a lot more then what i put before.

a lot of times if my string is blocked i just throw out a disk at the end for zoning.

throw it all together and you get something like.

knockdown, 236h frc, 6k, dash, disk hits, 2k, s, 2h, iad, (crossever)k, 214s, iad, k(might not be needed), s, land, 2369p, 214pks(frc and throws pin) air dash, p, k, p, k, land, 2k, 236h frc, 2d, dash, disk hits, dash, tick throw. has 2 escapable points, just adjust when they start learning the gaps, as in frc, dash 5p and catch them when they jump away.

there's also an amazing list of corner frc disk mixups as in

236h, 2k, dash, disk hits, k, h, 236h frc, k, 6k, disk hits. they're somewhere in the millia reload forum and they're great when in the corner, most of mine were out of corner stuff. though i put my favorite one about 5 posts back which at first is very hard to pull off.

well that's a huge plate, good luck

edit: stuff i forgot to mention, when you tick throw option select. as in 4h then an amazing quick s if you're trying to throw on the defensive and it'll FD if the throw misses. and on the offensive as in dash 2k, tick throw press 6 h+s, if you miss the throw s comes out instead of 6h which beats many attack and nails jumpers so you can follow up with sjc. k.

dusts, best one is probably d ^ d, d, 236k, 2h, air combo

one i do for simplicity, d ^ s, h, 236k, 2h, air combo.

for getting in on long range. first off, PAY ATTENTION TO FOOTSIES. i mean only concentrate on hitting the other person while staying safe, combos should be on the back of your mind. you're pretty much playing for gaining advantage to the situation, not getting the best combo you have. so if you can hit with that distance s, into h, throw out a disk and get your 60 damage, perfect. good ways to get in include,

far s(almost max distance),

2d(knockdowns are amazing for millia),

dash 214k(goes under lots of stuff, character dependent)

air, 214s(probably the best move in the game for getting in on someone, use it well, don't waste it, and get it the fuck back)

air dash 214s(cancels the airdash into pin, fast timing but you continue momentum from the air dash)

air 236k(works well when axle whiffs pokes, at least for me, only to be used occasionally, especially against range people like you're playing)

rarely 214h

236h can be decent as it'll hit some moves that extend their characters hit boxes

air D(really good move, though not as much against faust, just takes practice to learn when this works well so try it a lot)

air k(beats the shit out of most air moves if you ever go head to head in the air)

dash, fd or jump fd against axle to get closer.

and 5p/6p if they jump a lot.

be patient, find good ways in, wait till the whiff a laggy move, then fake move in to fd stop. then fuck around a little more and be more random. NEVER just run in unless you have them scared shitless, or you're sol. and normal iad'ing in is a very very bad idea.

technically 4 overheads, some okizeme

236h, 2k, dust, the disk being out helps mess with people, that and nobody expects to see millia's dust

236h, frc, 2369p, dash, s, 2h, combos but is TIGHT timing not in the corner, nice overhead though

236h, d, works ok

then the 214p(whiff) frc, k(in the air still), is her best overhead

now for kicks, a couple little tips for burst blocking, a few simple things that'll help you block at least half the bursts till your opponent gets smart. first off, LOTS of times you'll get bursted on the 2h when you're comboing. a trick to catch them is for an example in the combo 2k, s, 2h(burst). instead do 2k, s(2), 2h, if you hit 2h right after the second s hits it'll combo. if they burst, instead nothing will come out since you can't cancel your whiffed move and you'll recover in time to block, dash, s, 2h, air combo. kind of like option selection, kind of.

second burst blocking situation. after the disk hits, you dash and hit s, lots of times you'll get burst right here. instead run up with 2p or 5p and just be ready to either sjc. k or block the burst.

another trick is if say you hit them and expect the burst, so on your second hit you 214k. if they burst you block and combo, if not you go for the tick throw.

semi-useful is if they burst your sjc. s, you can change it to k, p, k, p and block a burst anywhere in there on reaction.

lastly if you know they'll burst you can 236h frc, block, dash and air combo.

the timing is tough for dashing in and s, 2h before they hit the ground. you can also just run in fd stop and throw.

most important part of all this is to just pay attention to when they have their burst and change your combos accordingly. actually just paying attention to when they burst at first helps a ton.

Thanks for posting a bunch of Millia info (Def1n1tely and homer); it helps me greatly on getting the guide as complete as possible (and hopefully finished, haha).

One more question to millia vets: is there a proper method to super jump cancel after 2HS? I just hit the 2HS, let go of 2, then go 1,9, but this way seems to have a little lag on the cancel.

While down hs is in it's animation I go to one and then when the animation has ended I press 9+S. Are you having trouble connecting the S? That's a common problem. You need to press the button a little quicker if so. That's how I do it anyway.

Wow... mega thread in progress. After all that's been said, I don't know what else I can add.

@TheAutomaticMan: Here's a little theoretical(?) background on Yomi and mind games. Milla pretty much lives by this. http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_Yomi.htm

@Homer: I see you're not liking the techable throws in Slash. Yeah we'll be missing that kind of fear.

I've been playing millia basically since I first heard of guilty gear about a year ago, but I'm still pretty awful with her.

Most of the problem I have is that I can't seem to get the use of double air-dash action down, and I can't relaunch.

First off, it may just be because I use a really heavy stick, but doing lots of really tricky crossovers and that kind of thing with her air-dashes is difficult for me. Any pointers?

Also, other than the emerald rain (236236S) I can't seem to properly use the throw to get a person off the ground. From the videos I've seen it looks like a trick of a few 2Ps and 5Ps, but I can't seem to get it.

Also, any tips on getting her FRCs down? Off her air move (is it called "bad moon"? I can't remember)(j236K) she has an FRC I'd love to be able to do. Also, I've found myself in a couple of real bad places with the tandom top(236HS) not canceling.

Finally, I'd love to get some help on this relaunch. No matter how I try I can't seem to land and get the close 5S I need to start again. Typically I try something like 6P->2HS, jS, jP, jP, jHS but that leaves me to far away. Anythoughts?

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this