Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Combo Discussion

Somewhat. 5S -> 2H (ground launch) j.K j.D ADC j.K j.D ADC j.D works on most of the cast, but not all of them.

'(whatever launch) [j.K] j.S j.H adc j.D adc j.D [or the string MissedFRC posted] pin 6H' is fairly universal as well. The really big issue is that while you can usually press the same buttons in the same combination and order, the timing of said cancels (gatling and air-dash) is what determines its success in hitting them and knocking them down.

Take corner: set H disc, 2K, disc hits, r.5Sc(2)

on Sol: jb.K-D adc j.K-D adc j.D

and Dizzy: jb.K-D adc j.K-D adc j.D

When you figure out Sol's timing and switch to Dizzy, you'll find that you have to delay the very first adc as long as possible and you can't delay the gatling cancels at all, something that Sol somewhat allows.

Keep in mind that against some characters and certain parts of air-combos in regards to them actually have a bit of leeway. Meaning that delaying in different parts may still get you the same end result. So you'll just have to keep experimenting and see which timing will be easiest for you to pull out.

If you want an idea or something you can analyse visually just watch Woshige's vids, since he religiously sticks to single-launch combos save some epic ad-libs.

Does Millia have a sort of "lowest common denominator" combo this time around? By that, I mean something that doesn't rely on particular cast members or particular positioning to maximize hits/damage. At my level of play, I find remembering all of the specialized combos for cast/situations is a little too complex for me, and most of the longer and more insane combos are a bit hard to input anyway. In #R, 2H -> j.S-H wasn't exactly going to go on anyone's combo video or anything, but it was a good quick easy-to-do universal knockdown. So, in AC, does Millia have any air combo that

A) starts with 2H

B) works on literally the entire cast

C) works in any position all the way from one corner to the other

D) ends in a plummet/knockdown?

How weak it is is sort of a side-issue--remember, I was using 2H -> j.S-H in #R, and I'd probably still be using that if j.H wasn't changed to no longer be the copter and no longer plummet/knockdown, so it's not like it needs to do 50% health or more damage to impress me. And it's not like I'm giving up on ever learning real combos--I'm just thinking that if I can get something extremely basic like that down first, then I can slowly expand and add to it from there. (By contrast, most of the combos I see on Dustloop start out maxed out like that and sort of have to be reverse-engineered for my level--I remember seeing one in the Potemkin thread, for example, where you can 5D > [9] j.H jc.H jc.APB, and my friend and I worked on it for a while before coming to the conclusion that 5D > [9] j.H jc.APB without the second j.H works too and is actually easier to do, and that the second j.H was probably just thrown in for more damage if you're cool enough to pull it off. I can mostly figure out which parts of a full combo are basic and which are icing, but it'd be nice to hear it from you guys if possible.)

I'm pretty sure 2H-j.k-j.d-ADC-j.k-j.d-ADC-j.d works on everyone. you just have to alter the timing for a few characters. I'll test it and get back to you or someone else can confirm this. Edit: After testing the combo it doesn't work on a few chars. A combo that is universal is this one: 2H-j.k-j.S-j.H-ADC-j.D-ADC-j.D For Johnny, Robo-ky, and Zappa, you have to delay your jump cancel after the 2H. And by the way, you jump cancel straight up(8), not towards the opponent so you wouldn't be getting any H discs. :keke:

Sign in to follow this