Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Combo Discussion

Added in all updates to the first post and reworked the layout a tiny bit. blitz's combos were not edited to fit the style of the rest of the B&Bs because he wrote like an entire novel on Millia throws, lol :( (Will update when I have time, and might only keep the best throw combos per character in that post, after testing)

... I'm not even done yet =\ fixing that today! And then i'll revisit characters, add damage figures, cut some obsolete ones, etc.

The throw combos that Blitz post are every useful. Well i don´t know if this combos have been post On Ky Midscreen 5S©,2H,jc. I j.S-H I ADC j.D II j.S-H, land, j.K-S-H I ADC j.D I ADC J.H, S pin, land 6H you need to delay a bit the first j.S for do the combo correctly. 5s©,2H ,j.P-K-D ADC j.S-H ADC j.D, land,5s©(2hits) j.K-D II ADC j.K-D ADC j.H, S pin, land, 6H in the first part of the combo, no delay before ADC Very easy.

I know it's not a combo but there are some interesting things I'd like to point out as you launch or ADC. If the opponent is parallel or slightly above Millia you can followup with jD but if the opponent is either too low or high up jH will hit more though landing jH is the most probable in many situations. If theyre slightly low jK jD may work too.

edit: sorry, i was high as a mother fucker LOL disregard that last bit (actually, still roasting) edit 2: cloud: good setups for secret garden.

TGS and Blitz, Stop beasting! I have been busy the past week. So my new combo list should be up by the end of the weekend.

These combo lists are pretty boss. But the delay and timing is a mystery to me, and I usually 1)Miss a hit for being too high/low or 2)actually land all the hits, but it is techable at the end so no knockdown. How do you manage height with delay? Example: Throw, dash->5S->2H->j.D-> (delay) adc->j.K->j.D->adc->j.D How soon do you hit the first j.D? As soon as possible? How do you time your delay for the first ADC? How soon into the ADC do you throw out the j.K? How do you time your delay on the last j.D so it scores knockdown?

These combo lists are pretty boss. But the delay and timing is a mystery to me, and I usually 1)Miss a hit for being too high/low or 2)actually land all the hits, but it is techable at the end so no knockdown.

How do you manage height with delay? Example:

Throw, dash->5S->2H->j.D-> (delay) adc->j.K->j.D->adc->j.D

How soon do you hit the first j.D? As soon as possible?

How do you time your delay for the first ADC?

How soon into the ADC do you throw out the j.K?

How do you time your delay on the last j.D so it scores knockdown?

I had problem with this combo at first mostly missing the jD after after the jK and now i get it pretty consenstly

so here a re a few tips that helped me

1)if you're oppenet is in the corener jump backwards after the 2H and than do the jD if you're oppenet is not in the corner jump forward

2)i hit the jK after the ADC the second i see the oppenet goes below millia level meaning its a pretty slight delay that in the corner if im not in the corener im not delaying at all

try those and maybe it will work for you too

I had problem with this combo at first mostly missing the jD after after the jK and now i get it pretty consenstly

so here a re a few tips that helped me

1)if you're oppenet is in the corener jump backwards after the 2H and than do the jD if you're oppenet is not in the corner jump forward

2)i hit the jK after the ADC the second i see the oppenet goes below millia level meaning its a pretty slight delay that in the corner if im not in the corener im not delaying at all

try those and maybe it will work for you too

Could you try to answer my other 3 questions? I can time other parts of the combo differently, and then advice on one part won't matter. I'm looking for someone to explain their whole process for one character so that I can learn from that and apply it to others.

Also: How are you timing the different parts of the combos for different characters? According to the list, that combo works on May too, but I'm having a hell of a time even getting close.

Seerd. The difficult thing is theres no hard ansdfast rule as to when to get a hit, it all depends how u will want to continue the combo and which character etc. ADCs should be instantaeous after a hit, otherwise u will miss the ADC completely, or possibly miss the next combo hit because u ADC'd too late. How soon into the ADC do you throw out the j.K? Again, theres no hard and fast rule here... remember u will be flying lower if u delay longer on that j.k... For a knockdown on j.D, its gotta be low enough. if U can get the j.D hit at a height maximum just above millia's head just a tiny little bit, or anything below that, should be ok.

How do you manage height with delay? Example:

Throw, dash->5S->2H->j.D-> (delay) adc->j.K->j.D->adc->j.D

How soon do you hit the first j.D? As soon as possible?

How do you time your delay for the first ADC?

How soon into the ADC do you throw out the j.K?

How do you time your delay on the last j.D so it scores knockdown?

If you look at most of the combos in the first post (all except for blitz's throw combos), they should have the pauses indicated. Basically, if there are no |s then that means you're free to go ahead and do the move as soon as possible.

Also, a basic rule of thumb is that if you're ADCing into j.K-D, you'll want to do the j.K immediately after a longer delay (usually ||| in corner, || at midscreen) from your previous j.D. This is done so that the second j.D can still hit, and the opponent drops lower. The last j.D is then usually done ASAP, which will give knockdown.

Just so you're sure, I'll go through this basic midscreen throw combo:

Throw, r.5S-2H, jf.D || ADC, j.K-D | ADC | falling j.D.

-Throw, immediate running 5Sf-2H

-Immediately jump forward and hit j.D

-Pause for a slight moment, then airdash with immediate j.K-D

-Airdash again (with only a very slight pause if necessary) into j.D, which should knockdown on most average weight characters. (eg. Slayer, Sol, Axl, etc)

meh, just experiment, that's what I did.. I'd go through the combo and delay it one way till i was certain it didn't work that way then delay it another way and so on.. till i either found the timing that worked, or decided that variation wouldn't work. pauses CAN occur in the following places: -between the throw and the dash -between the dash and the hit -between the 2H and the jump cancel -between the jump cancel and the hit -between that hit and the airdash -between the airdash and the next hit etc.

Thanks for the tips everyone. :yaaay: Time to go waste my life on Millia. :vbang: Edit: Doing the j.D as soon as you can after the jump is a big help keeping height down, at least for me.

JOHNNY

throw, dash K -> j.K-P-K-D -> ad.K-D -> ad.D

(I'll get back to johnny later, as I think he really nees tension to combo off of throw, so this one listed is probably your best "go to" throw combo for johnny when you don't have pin)

Another Johnny throw combo:

I find this one a little easier than the combo blitz posted and it does slightly (4) more damage.

throw, dash k -> j.k-p-s-hs -> ad.D -> ad.D

leads to knockdown from anywhere, even in the corner.

throw, dash k -> j.k-p-s-hs -> ad.D -> ad.HS xx S pin -> land, 6HS

slight modification works in the corner if you have pin.

Johnny is a real pain in the neck.

Johnny

Aerial launch, 6P/5Sc(2)-2H, ju.S-H | ADC j.D | ADC falling j.D, land, j.S-H | ADC j.D xx S Pin, land 6H.

I cannot get this to work, is there something missing or am I missing something here?

Some easier Johnny combos:

In the corner with pin:

HS Tandem/Pretty Maze -> 5S-2H -> jf.S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.HS xx S pin -> land, 6HS

2S-2HS -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.HS xx S pin -> land, 6HS

S Tandem -> 5P -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.HS xx S pin -> land, 6HS

In the corner without pin:

HS Tandem -> 5Sc(2) -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.D (delay the HS)

Pretty Maze -> 5Sc(1) -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.D (delay the HS)

2S-2HS -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.D (delay the HS)

S Tandem -> 5P -> jf.K-S-HS -> ad.D -> ad.D (delay the HS)

I cant seem to connect j.D after ground launch (2H) Is there some kind of trick to do it? Theres no problem connecting j.D when comboing off a throw though..

I cant seem to connect j.D after ground launch (2H)

Is there some kind of trick to do it?

Theres no problem connecting j.D when comboing off a throw though..

It really depends on the opponent's hitbox, and how high they are when you launch them with 2H. If they were already in the air somewhat when you did 2H, you should have no problem comboing j.D right off the bat, but if they wre grounded like you said, the timing is harder, plus you have to take into account hitbox and character weight issues.

P.S. I'll finish the non-Pin Tensionless corner and midscreen combo list sometime tonight. But it seems like comboing the characters with odd hitboxes like Johnny might require the use of a Pin to even do decent damage...

Edit: Added some more combos to the list.

Oh, and blitz is now your Millia mod along with Teyah FYI.

Blitz: wait, I'm a mod now? o.O

TGS: Yes you are. =)

something funny. corner 5S, 5H(1 hit), 214P,FRC,AERIAL FB DISC, LAND, 6H, 214P, FRC, 6H(knockdown),Secret Garden. 200 damage aprox. a waste of tension, but maybe a way to kill someone or put him near to dead. can be folowed up with an ADC combo, but is a little hard. corner 5S, 5H(2hits), 236S, 5P, J.K-D.(II)ADC, J.K-D, ADC, H xx S PIN, LAND, 6H. Maybe a generic way to get a knockdown after a S tandem top

^ yeah, it's fun isn't it? I like the one on Ky =D fullscreen: S©-2H -> 236(9)D, land, dash 2H -> 236(9)D, land, dash 2H -> 236(9)D, land... =D

Middleweight throw combo if it's not already posted (if it is, I apologize): Throw, running 5s, 2hs, j.d, ADC j.k, j.d, ADC, j.d, pin (in/close to corner), land, j.k, j.s, j.hs, ADC, j.hs, ADC, j.hs, FB air disc, 6hs

Sign in to follow this