Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drill

Vs Chipp

YRC teleports are tearing my ass apart. No matter what DV icons I try and set, he just teleports above me. How should I counter?

I'm having a really hard time getting a hit confirm in this matchup outside of the occasional 236P hitting him. What is a good way to approach chip and what tools should I utilize more in this match up

it's pretty difficult since Chipp can really just wait for Bed to do something and teleport in. Chipp's 2H is gorrila af, it's so good on trade you can't really risk sticking something into it. I don't feel like Bedman should risk playing neutral against Chipp, go right in with low airdash KPP and task A YRCs to lock him down and establish Task B deja vus to apply pressure.

I fought a Chipp today, and he beat me by mostly stuffing everything I did at neutral with Alpha Blade. I tried blocking both it, and its followup, but he's too far away and too fast to ever pin him down. Is there anything we can do to punish alpha blade?

I fought a Chipp today, and he beat me by mostly stuffing everything I did at neutral with Alpha Blade. I tried blocking both it, and its followup, but he's too far away and too fast to ever pin him down. Is there anything we can do to punish alpha blade?

yeah, instant block the followup and then punish with far S, 5H(1), 236S. At some distances your 5H will whiff but it usually works...

Edit: Looks like just 5H(1), 236S works at greater distances...so you can just use that instead for near guaranteed punish, though you'll sacrifice a little bit of damage.

Also to punish his invisible grab, don't jump...just hit 5S, timing is pretty lenient. You can do 5S(hits him out of the air), 5H(1), 236H to punish it.

Figured I'd post something about this MU since I find it very hard for Bedman. I went into training to dissect this MU further. Here's some notes:

- Be careful of throwing Task A. Chipp has a lot of ways to punish this.

- Getting a Task B or Task C seal is crucial. Task C however has too much recovery to be used in neutral without getting punished. Task B (especially tiger knee task B) is very good at potentially hitting him if he runs into you. Because at how fast Task B DV is, it's a good way to protect yourself to get a Task A out or just maintain control on a certain part of the screen.

- Chipp's air normals are very hard to stuff. 6P can beat Chipp's 5H if done early, but you have to get it off of a read. jD will either clash with Bedman's 6P or just beat it out. For this reason, it's best to generally avoid using Bedman's anti-air. DO NOT try to anti-air Chipp on reaction to his air teleports. If you get the direction wrong, you get 5A (won't beat out anything, but you can recover and block on time at least). You get the direction right and you still might lose to jD or jH (if you didn't react quickly enough).

- Blitzshield is your best bet in reaction to Chipp's teleports. If you blitz Chipp while he's in the air, you can either go for a simple punish with c.S, Task C, or you can try your luck by ambiguously dancing underneath him before he lands to get a strong ground combo. 

- Fortunately, Bedman has a very easy and strong combo vs Chipp: cS, 5H (2), 1H, super jump, jK, air dash downforward, jS, Task C, cS, jump cancel, jK, air dash forward, jK, jS, Task C (deals around 240).

- Universal things to look out for: Rekkas are all minus, so if you instant block, you have the frame advantage. His command throw is beaten by mashing or jumping. He can't cross you up in the corner using teleports.

If anyone has anything more, let me know.

I think this is one of the hardest matchups.

- I agree about Task A. You need to be extremely careful about when you use it. He can punish it during neutral and also when used in blockstring.

-TK Task B is decent

- jumping backward to j.P or j.S seems ok vs teleports during ranged neutral iirc. Been a while.

- 2P interrupt. I think his 2D jumps lows so 2K loses.

- if you are reacting to leaf grab with a jump you can punish with j.H to air 236S. Don't try to j.S or he will be able to anti air you even though leaf grab whiffed.

I'll have to try that combo out. You also get a larger than normal corner grab combo in this matchup for 170.

How to deal with Alpha Blade or jD? Occasionally a lucky TaskB/airTaskB lands me a trade.

If I ever get a Task C that can force a block, thats where most of the meter is spent to summon a DV C and resummon a new C seal safely. When the DV C touches Chipp, I try to get behind him with airdash FDC to mixup crossup and low and push him back to C seal.

Other than that, I get tagged just for trying to get in with iad. If Alpha blade ever passes underneath me I can react with airback dash, but the problem is bedman is backwards and there is an Alpha Blade followup.

Far hit 5H>TaskB drops. I just do 5H>2D.

I dont like using tension to dead angle. I rather gamble Helios to hit if he does teleport. But it looks stupid to die with red tension.

How to deal with Alpha Blade or jD?

Just block & punish it. Air Version is -19, follow up is -13f. 6p or airthrow against j.d.

I dont like using tension to dead angle. I rather gamble Helios to hit if he does teleport. But it looks stupid to die with red tension.

Don't be greedy man. Just dead angle. Much more safe than helios.

Just don't dead angle if he's in the air, though that's just a general thing against any character.  DAA doesn't have a good anti air hitbox, and it also won't guarantee a knockdown if it hits airborne opponent.  edit: oh and on the other hand, overdrive is opposite it's safer if they are in the air, cause if they are in the air they can't grab you out of it (unless they can land in your grab range before the attack hits).  edit2: Oh yeah Chipp has an air DP.  He could probably just do that every time you overdrive if he's not stuck in recovery.  

Oh yeah Chipp has an air DP.  He could probably just do that every time you overdrive if he's not stuck in recovery.  

Chipp's DP has too little invuln frames to stuff Sinusoidal Helios. His air Beta Blade is only invuln frames 1-4. 

I have only ever played one other match-up as frustrating as this, and I still hate the feeling. Compounding all of the things here, i'm still having a difficult time.

Essentially if i'm reading this correctly, there are 4 rules to fighting Chipp:

1- Know how to block his crapp
2- Be liberal in meter usage to get Chipp off of you

3- Don't throw out Tasks/DJVs predictably or too close or they'll get punished for free

4- If you get the hit, do everything in your power to turn it into a one player game.

As a general overview, does this sound on track? I mean, this should apply to any matchup (aside from 2 and 3 on occasion), but this match in particular should go like this, right?

Correct. In neutral you can only use your normals and airthrows. Also you should never use 1/2/3hs at all even in blockstrings, because he can teleport behind you and there isen't really anything you can do to get a good position. Your specialcancels/jumpcancels will get punished. Once you get a knockdown, release hell. If you can manage to trap him in the corner he dies within 2 combos.

Some notes:

- Optimal combo off of 5S/2K into 5H(2) is: 5S/2K, 5H(2), 1H, super jump forward, jK, air dash down forward, jS, Task C, cS, jump forward, jK, air dash forward, jK, jS, Task C.

- Be very careful of Chipp's jD. You can't 6P it. Blitz is likely your best option. On Blitz, either go for a simple confirm, or if you get greedy, wait for him to land and cross him up for a high damage combo.

- If Chipp somehow ever does his flying kick special, it's a free air throw. Even on block. This is the most reliable way to punish it. Chipp can still recover from the move and jump out or fall down with jD.

- Chipp's ground pressure is annoying, but not dangerous. Watch his Rekkas. You want him to go for his second Rekka, since that's -7. That's your cue to attack. Likewise, his overhead is pretty slow, so you have plenty of time to react to that to either stuff it out, or just block and punish. Watch his meter and burst for RRC if he attempts something risky.

- Alpha Blade is very punishable if you IB the follow up. cS punish is viable.

- Chipp teleports high up for his teleports. If your reads are on point, you can air throw him. Don't try to 6P it.