Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kintaro

Worth Mentioning: You can Option Select between Throw / Invuln Dust

This is a bit of a fringe case and isn't new, but you can input 4+H+D and it will choose to (option select)

1. invuln dust

2. "kara" dust into throw (coincidentally you should get the invuln property from D as well)

Played around with it and applied it against I-no's mixups on Mission 50. Option selecting in this mission allows you to never have to guess and will either throw or invuln dust except for one mixup which you can block confirm easily as you can clearly see no throw or dust starts up. (Of course it will be different on real people.)

Here's a video doing S Rank on it using Option Select:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVh8iq8ARU

-----------

And for people wondering: invuln dust kara'd will transfer invuln to the move done after. Kind of like Slayer's BDC invuln. Have not tested it thoroughly in Xrd though.

Do you always need to input 4, or is that only because you are already blocking in this scenario?  Basically does this apply to forward throws as well?    I'm a GG noob, so I may be missing something obvious here.

While we're at it, which normal should I be option selecting throws with as Faust?  S?

Yeah in previous games it worked like BDC, though it only gave 1 invul frame if I'm not mistaken (definitely not as useful as BDC, lol). You could do something like 41236D~K and it would make the 1st frame of the special move invulnerable, lol. 

Does this work with a sliding input (think FDC j.2k) or only with a simultaneous input?  If it only works with simultaneous input, that means this only works when you don't have a burst?

Well, my previous example (41236D~K) is a sliding input one. In previous games you would see a visual cue that the Dust had been kara-cancelled into the Rerere Thrust.