Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Calling all video editors!

Okay, so I think we're to the point in the Collaborative Axl Vid where we need to find an editor. Does anyone have expertise in video editing software? Or are we willing to wait until summer, when I may be able to do the editing? I bring this up because I'm also thinking of doing a few follow-ups to Shoto's "Low Standards" series. Specifically, I want to create one for Zoning (It's not what you think!)/defense/AA game, and one for advanced mixup games (Possibly called Low Key and Low Class? Low Standards is a hard pun to follow :sweatdrop:) EDIT: I might post this in the Guilty Pleasures forum as well, changing a few things to look more like a request.

I can video edit pretty well, though I'm limited to Adobe Premiere 6.0 for effects. Splicing is no problem so long as the source material provided is at least somewhat flexible (no .wmv please). But if you mean flashy transitions and crazy rotating 3D cube combo montages then I'm not so sure I'm the right guy for that!

Sure, not a problem. I can also do some vid capturing if needed, though my capture card lags ~8-10 frames and I'm pretty nub at Axl so I'm not too keen on the odds of me pulling off sick Axl combos. :( One request I have (and I think most combo vid editors would agree) is that the person recording the combo should leave about 2 seconds of idle time both before and after the combo, to allow for transitions. Also, combos should be done with music turned off but sound effects on, otherwise you'll end up with either some silent combos, or awful track mixing.

One request I have (and I think most combo vid editors would agree) is that the person recording the combo should leave about 2 seconds of idle time both before and after the combo, to allow for transitions. Also, combos should be done with music turned off but sound effects on, otherwise you'll end up with either some silent combos, or awful track mixing.

Don't worry, I've got all the capture stuff, just no editing stuff. Also, I honestly don't think we'll need any sound on the combos at all, since most combovids are done with silent combos, and there aren't any sound-cue related things I want to add to tutorials (I honestly can only think of like, one or two characters that need sound cues at all.) so that's not a priority, either (Especially with Axl. Sometimes the sound of Rensen connecting makes me cringe a little inside). I'll definitely leave time before and after combos though (Though I personally am of the school of thought that a transition that cuts off the very last frames of the last hit is better than any amount of time filled with the characters just standing there).

Thanks much! Hit me up on AIM and we can discuss particulars.