Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

[Xrd] Bedman combo thread

What's the best punish Bedman can do in the corner with 50 tension? After labbing a few minutes I found this does the best damage:

c.s 5h(2) 1h sj.pps / sj.pks / sj.ks (depending on the opponent) j.236h helios dust 886j.h(6) c.s f.s 2h j.s j.236s = 218dmg on Ramlethal (with j.pks)

you can also combo with : dust 214h c.s 5h(2) 1h j.s j.236s though it does a little less damage.

21 hours ago, Verimeloni said:

What's the best punish Bedman can do in the corner with 50 tension? After labbing a few minutes I found this does the best damage:

c.s 5h(2) 1h sj.pps / sj.pks / sj.ks (depending on the opponent) j.236h helios dust 886j.h(6) c.s f.s 2h j.s j.236s = 218dmg on Ramlethal (with j.pks)

you can also combo with : dust 214h c.s 5h(2) 1h j.s j.236s though it does a little less damage.

You can get two j.Hs, but the timing is tight. It'd look like

Helious, 5D, 6, 886 j.H, 886 j.H, fS, 2H, tk Task B.

Also the j.H off of 5D no longer works in Revelator due to the long windup of the dash animation after 5D. We'll have to find new routes that can circumvent guts.

24 minutes ago, GcYoshi13 said:

Also the j.H off of 5D no longer works in Revelator due to the long windup of the dash animation after 5D. We'll have to find new routes that can circumvent guts.

Have you found an alternative for the old corner dust route? (5D>5S>5H(2)>Task A'>5S>5H(2)>etc)

I tried it a couple of times when I had access to the demo on the weekend and it did some weird cross up stuff on the Task A' instead of putting me in front, although that admittedly could have just been me being bad at executing it (It was against a Sol so I don't think it's a weird character weight/hurtbox kind of thing)

5 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

Have you found an alternative for the old corner dust route? (5D>5S>5H(2)>Task A'>5S>5H(2)>etc)

I tried it a couple of times when I had access to the demo on the weekend and it did some weird cross up stuff on the Task A' instead of putting me in front, although that admittedly could have just been me being bad at executing it (It was against a Sol so I don't think it's a weird character weight/hurtbox kind of thing)

There are some basic alternatives, but since dust combos consider hitstun proration considerably more now, 5D combos after Helios that worked in Sign, now fail in Revelator (such as doing 6P, cS, Task A' after Helios->5D). 

5D starter, I just do 6P, cS, Task A' now to get the cross-up Task A'.

Still need to figure out what everyone else is doing or come up with some stuff.

Does the new 5D forward chase give he anything midscreen?  I got pretty good at doing Dust>dash task C combos, itd be disappointing if we didn't get any new tricks from dust

3 hours ago, NecroTheReaper said:

Does the new 5D forward chase give he anything midscreen?  I got pretty good at doing Dust>dash task C combos, itd be disappointing if we didn't get any new tricks from dust

I don't have anything great just a couple normals into 236S knockdown.  Really low damage.  If you meet the hellfire+50% tension+last round requirements you can get dust to IK midscreen without needing RC.  

4 hours ago, NecroTheReaper said:

You can do like 5D~6>5H(1)>5H(1)>5H(1)>5H(2)>1H>Air stuff

(not entirely sure on the number of 5H here honestly, its either 2 or 3 before you let the second hit go)

On 4/7/2016 at 10:09 PM, MLSTRM said:

You can do like 5D~6>5H(1)>5H(1)>5H(1)>5H(2)>1H>Air stuff

(not entirely sure on the number of 5H here honestly, its either 2 or 3 before you let the second hit go)

This doesn't work because 1H doesn't launch off of midscreen dust.

35 minutes ago, GcYoshi13 said:

This doesn't work because 1H doesn't launch off of midscreen dust.

Oh, my bad. I can't really remember what I did if it wasn't that. (Only played the demo a little and don't have access to it any more)

It might have been 5H>Task C?

23 hours ago, Verimeloni said:

From the corner dust would it be possible to do stuff like 5d6 1h 1h 2h jp j.236s 2p c.s 236h?

I think that probably doesn't work.  You can do 2 or 3 normals into 236K then combo to c.S 5H(2) into whatever and it's basically the same combo I was doing in the previous version anyway.

I thought you couldn't get combo from midscreen Dust to 236H but it's character specific.

Dust 6 c.S f.S c.S 236H works on Sol but not Ky.  probably fails on more characters than it works on.

After 4:15

I have  hard time to combo jK.jP after jD "jP doesn't connect all time with me  though"

i do 9jD.flot 3jK.jP didi miss something with this input ??

7 hours ago, Lynxfort said:

I have  hard time to combo jK.jP after jD "jP doesn't connect all time with me  though"

i do 9jD.flot 3jK.jP didi miss something with this input ??

- must be crouch hit

- must time 214H very late then j.D quickly. must time correct for their wakeup speed

8 hours ago, Tiamat said:

- must be crouch hit

- must time 214H very late then j.D quickly. must time correct for their wakeup speed

Yeah ..i'm awere itshould be on crouch..but the wakupe matter looks annoying..-_-
if you do this combo what is your inputs?

58 minutes ago, Lynxfort said:

Yeah ..i'm awere itshould be on crouch..but the wakupe matter looks annoying..-_-
if you do this combo what is your inputs?

Was doing it in training mode now and you also don't want to be too close to the corner when the 236H ender hits for the oki or the DV will be too close to them in the corner.  It's pretty picky.

Inputs are  walk 214H 9D 82 j.KP c.S 236H

Didn't know 6h 236p rrc 886 j.ks c.s f.s 886 (task a) j.ks f.s 5h 2h 236h comboes, doesn't do as much damage as 5h(2) 1h route but it's amusing at least 

1 hour ago, Verimeloni said:

Didn't know 6h 236p rrc 886 j.ks c.s f.s 886 (task a) j.ks f.s 5h 2h 236h comboes, doesn't do as much damage as 5h(2) 1h route but it's amusing at least 

I assume you mean the 6H 236P RRC walk 5H(2) route? If so how much less damage is it, I imagine it has better corner carry and that might be worth the trade in most cases. Also the 5H(2) 1H route seems to be a little funky on some characters, maybe this works better for those cases (Specifically thinking pot would work on this since 1H doesn't launch very high for the other route)?

Might actually be better against Potemkin, on sol the damage difference was maybe -7-8. Connecting 5h(1) in the end is pretty random, you have to be really close to them so the pushback doesn't ruin your combo.

The airdash combo does 170dmg on pot and gives great carry.

You can also do 6h 236p rrc 1h tk 236s (task a) task c for 150dmg, so this one's more amusing than practical. Ending with j.ps j.ps 236s gives you full carry tho

I personally like 6H>236P RRC>886j.KS>5H>5D>2366H for the style.  I always feel accomplished when I land this.  The 5H>2H>j.KH route seems too inconsistent for me and the other one I just heard about (probably can do 883j.P>236H for a task C K/d)

I haven't tried these other combos but the 5H(2) 1H sj.KH route works on the entire cast I'm pretty sure.  Not hard either.

edit: the combo is kinda neat but not worth doing imo.  Airdash j.KS 2nd hit miss on some crouching characters and seems the ball return doesn't hit unless they are standing as well. 

10 hours ago, Tiamat said:

I haven't tried these other combos but the 5H(2) 1H sj.KH route works on the entire cast I'm pretty sure.  Not hard either.

edit: the combo is kinda neat but not worth doing imo.  Airdash j.KS 2nd hit miss on some crouching characters and seems the ball return doesn't hit unless they are standing as well. 

assume it still hits pot crouching?