Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

[Xrd] Bedman combo thread

You aren't very specific on the problem. Why can't you link them? Does the 6P OTG them? Does the cl5S after that whiff?

I got the combo to work, though it's pretty specific as to where the seal is placed. If the seal is placed too close to the corner, then it doesn't work.

I mentioned before that 5H(2) has trouble hitting I-no, Elphelt, and May if they are crouching.  I thought I'd post some alternatives to the 5H(2)1H string for combos on them.  Basically you should just be doing 5H(1) 1H instead.

Back then I thought well I guess I'm stuck with the following:

j.D RC 83 j.S c.S 5H (1) 236S  

You can do better than that though and I somehow didn't think of it till now.  2 alternatives:

j.D RC 83 j.S c.S 1H 236H

j.D RC 83 j.S 5H (1) 1H 236H

1st combo has a problem in that c.S only goes to 1H on crouching hit, so if they are standing and you try this 1H will whiff which is awful.  2nd combo is best.  

edit: ***Correction, May not millia

I was actually using something like this but I noticed that sometimes opponent would be too far away(because of no vaccuum effect of the second hit of 5H) and 236H won't hit properly.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, really obvious, or just nobody does it because its really specific. But in set ups that allow you to combo into 2D > Task C Deja Vu (Task A returns and hits) (Task C Deja Vu hits) such as the set ups Shadow Ninja 64 put on the first page, if the set up and beginning of the following combo together put someone into hellfire you can just walk up activate IK and do theater of pain, seems like it could be at least a semi-practical way to get into IK, an example using the simple set up he provided:

Any Task C corner ender:

Overhead option into IK: j.Task A YRC 83 j.S 2P 5S 5HS(1) 2D >Task C Deja Vu walk IK activate > IK

Low option into IK: j.Task A YRC 83 land 2K 5HS(2) 2D > Task C Deja Vu walk  IK activate > IK Low

edit: for clarity

Not sure if this is common knowledge, really obvious, or just nobody does it because its really specific. But in set ups that allow you to combo into 2D > Task C Deja Vu (Task A returns and hits) (Task C Deja Vu hits) such as the set ups Shadow Ninja 64 put on the first page, if the set up and beginning of the following combo together put someone into hellfire you can just walk up activate IK and do theater of pain, seems like it could be at least a semi-practical way to get into IK, an example using the simple set up he provided:

Any Task C corner ender:

j.Task A YRC 83 j.C 5A 5C 5D 2D >Task C Deja Vu walk IK activate > IK  Overhead

j. Task A YRC 83 land 2B 5HS 2D > Task C Deja Vu walk  IK activate > IK Low

what do you mean "IK Overhead" and "IK Low"?

I probably should have clarified, the Overhead and Low after the notation is just to display the two versions of the mix up, the top one is the overhead option, and the bottom one is the low option, I edited the post. Thanks.

You aren't very specific on the problem. Why can't you link them? Does the 6P OTG them? Does the cl5S after that whiff?

I got the combo to work, though it's pretty specific as to where the seal is placed. If the seal is placed too close to the corner, then it doesn't work.

sorry..my mistake  ..the problem was  from my input which was " knocking the opp down with Task  C is Dejavu (YRC) 9D jS.6P.5S.Task C"..  that i didn't do float 3 direction  after 9D.. :sweat:

Here's a clever combo that I saw Shu use in a match...

Basically for instances where you throw out a projectile from relatively close (like say, some string into 2D into projectile) and you YRC it and it hits a standing opponent. The combo is:

236P, YRC, 886(K, S), 2K, (projectile hits on return), 6H, 236S

At first I was like, why does he use 2K and not something more damaging that also links into 6H...well, it's because 2K is a crouching normal and when Bedman crouches, it makes the projectile return closer to the ground. If he was standing during that combo, the projectile would whiff even on a standing character.

You can see it here, 7:03

http://youtu.be/_NJRjnTceqY

I've been experimenting with Dust combos.  The corner Dust > 6H 236K one is strong on normal hit but on counterhit the 236K misses so I tried to find combos that work regardless of normal/CH/RISK level.  I've got a few new ones but I thought I'd share this one:

Corner Dust > f.S 9 j.K 6 j.H c.S 5H(1) 236S

The neat thing about this combo is that it gives over 25% tension.  Damage isn't the best but it's pretty powerful if their RISK gauge is up.  Combo should work on all the characters based on my samples.  

Anyone got good corner combos against lightweights? Something better (in terms of damage and tension build) than the typical 5S, 5H, Task C.

Against middle and heavyweights, I use j(K, S, 66, S), land cl5S, task C. Doesn't quite work on lightweights such as Millia though.

Late reply to that throw combo, combo I worked up that works on elph and is highly consistent if you can do float 9 consistently.

Grab>f.S>j.K>j.S>9j.K>j.S>j.236HS

Very strange ender with air task C knockdown. I think you have enough time to do meaty task A' but not sure

I dunno how exactly useful this is or if it can be optimized for any better effect, but just tested some weird stuff through RRC>dust combos

xx>5HS>236P>RRC>walk forward>5D>9>j.DD>float 9>j.236HS

So it seems like 236H 3rd hit never OTG now?  Didn't know about this beforehand. Pretty big change I think.

edit: correction to "almost" never OTG

stuff like corner grab f.S 5H 236H knocks down on elphelt and leo and it didn't before

edit2:

5H 2nd hit has bigger hitbox now or something?  It seems the same on Sol but when I tried on Ky I was pretty surprised that stuff like

236K > 2K H(2) and jump ins like 86 j.KS c.S H(2) work on Ky now

On Sol you can do j.KS c.S f.S 5H(1) 2H 236H for 160 damage

edit3: 

5H(2) now has no problem on crouching i-no, may, elphelt.  2K 5H(2) used to not work.  Now it does.