Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No Q&A/FAQ/101 Thread

What the hell does I-no use for AA. Like a Ky jumping in on me with j.D I'm assuming all day, what do i do.

Probably not ky j.D

6P is your go to for pretty much everything, the invincibility is buffed in Xrd so it is very consistent, do it late and chain into close S for an easy short jump combo confirm.

5P is good when you don't have much time, not great for deep jumps but it is for IADs.

5K is good for low angle distant anti air, but not if they are deep.

You could 6HS... but I'm not sure I recommend it, whiffing it is death.

VCL is an option for high jumps and it leads to a pretty easy confirm from most heights.

j.P is a pretty quick air to air.

Hey guys, I'm finally making some breakthrough with this combo:

2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j. S > FFVCL 

However, I found that it doesn't work in a few matchups without a superjump cancel for the IAD like follows:

2K > 6P > 5H > SJ-IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL

I'm having trouble because when I try to do  the superjump motion combined with IAD j.K I end up getting K-Dive instead of j.K- is there a consistent way to input SJ-IAD j.K fast enough to get the link but NOT to get the dive?

Thanks!

-FinalAngel 

On a stick, I can consistently do 37 for 2P super jump, I'm good at 19 but I miss it a lot, 29 is easier for me.

Hey. New user here. How are you supposed to do I-no challenge no. 28? I can't connect the 6P into her overdrive at all. Is there any easy way?

EDIT: Got it. Turns out, I wasn't doing the full 180 degree motion.

ive been trying the IAD K thing and ive noticed that theres a huge gap if you flick the stick 2 8 then 66. Its been working semi constantly for me.

i do 2K, 6P, HS, 2 8, (the 2 8 is just flicked with the stick, ive noticed even if you do it right as the guitar hits you stil get the SJ afterwards, you dont have to time the 2 8) then 66K. This is the tricky part , because the 66 needs to be timed well  somehow then it comes out. I have trouble with hitting the 9. So if anyone else can try this method and see if it works with other peeps too.

I know this isn't really strictly an I-No only question buuuuuutttt...I was reading the new article on throws. Can someone explain to me the throw option select? Also someone else was talking about HOS. What's HOS?

This game's button priority goes: D > P > K > S > H

If you throw, you're either inputting 4H or 6H.  If they're in a state where it's possible to be thrown (within your throw range and not doing something that's throw-invul), they get thrown.  If they are not in a state where they can be thrown, your character responds with whatever normal it thinks you wanted to do.  For I-No, 6H is nice since it will catch people trying to jump away, and sometimes it can catch backdashes.  If you tried to back throw (4H), your 5H will come out.  This could possibly catch a backdash, but you'll get owned if they jumped.

Now, because of the input priority, if you press P and H at the same time, the game will cause you to use your P move.  So 6P+H will attempt throw, and if throw isn't possible you get 6P.  That's the option select.  Sometimes some characters will want to OS with their 6P when they attempt to throw, like say if they have a good ground-to-ground 6P and they're not sure if they're in throw range.  Sometimes they'll want to OS with 5K because their 5K is fast, or is a standing low.  Sometimes you OS with 4H (Robo Ky's 5H is fast and starts combos), and sometimes you OS with 6H (I-No trying to catch jump out attempts).

This also means that if you don't have a burst, j.6H+D will attempt air-throw, else j.D occurs.  You can FDC the j.D on the next frame, which is pretty cool.

Uh... HOS used to mean Holy Order Sol.  Not sure if there's some new meaning for it that relates to Option Selects?

Y'all got any crossup stuff for i-no?  Any kind of new oki in general for this game?  I was trying to do like 663 j.p (whiff) to get the weird arc from canceling a 663 quickly, then do j.k on the way back down, and it works, but like there's not much you can do after that since it kind of lands you far away and maybe hits too early to land and combo.  I was messing around a lot with this in arcades, but couldn't really come up with anything.  I got the game, but the my PS3 YLOD'd and I'm waiting on a new one now, so since I've been thinking about this on and off, and I can't play the game, I thought I'd just ask you guys.

So to clarify my questions:

Any crossups for I-no that people are using?
Any new oki for Xrd I-no?
How are folks using 663?

Thanks

So how do you deal with the Ranlethal matchup? It seems once she puts you in the corner it's pretty much game over.

Don't let her get HS sword out as that's what will really mess with you. jS/HS pressure can give her a hard time as well. Score a knockdown to win, especially if she has no meter so she can't dead angle out. Try and bait out the burst if she still has it up. DO NOT LET HER GET HS SWORD OUT.

Hey guys when's a good time to use note oki? After ever knockdown?

If you do it after every knockdown it gets predictable. You'll want to do it depending on spacing.

Now I need a spot of help: How can I land the 5P reliably on her #32 challenge? This combo is such ass...

EDIT: NVM. Now I just need to figure out the LD > jHS timing :|

Yeah I got it doing the 1st way. I just had to grind out the combo. The trickiest part of the challenge was the jD. Even though you can do jD instantly, you can dash, delay jD and its a lot easier.

for me, the easiest way is to just hit j.d on the first airborn frame.  it's good to practice this timing too because of all i-no's instant j.s and instant j.h combo links.

another thing to try is to start off with a 5s©, jump cancel, and try to get j.d out on the first airborn frame after the jump cancel.  her best dust combos use instant air j.d after jump cancels, and if you can do j.d fdc, you can do some really nasty mixups where you jump cancel, j.d fdc immediately off the ground and 2k on landing

hey guys what is I-nos most optimal combos? also how do I-nos get 4-5 overheads in one blockstring i really want to learn how to do that. I really just want to know some tips to get better with her overall. Tired of being the worst player at the arcade and I really dont want to switch characters because I like her and shes good.

On the basic level, you can get 4 overheads with

hoverdash~dash ksk delay D.

For 5 overheads,

hoverdash~dash kskp delay D. (You need to do the dash close to the opponent and you need to hit your K pretty fast).

Mix these up by going low with 2k or by going for land ~ YRC VCL if your opponent is throw happy.

With j.DFDC, you can do stuff like hoverdash ks jump cancel j.DFDC s and other funky stuff.

These should all be covered by the I-no guide.

Optimal combos are listed in the combo thread or wiki. However, they are all pretty character dependant and you need a ton of practice to be able to land them consistently. The timing in corner 2k6p5H iad j.ks FFVCL, VCL, c.S P-dive loop is pretty strict for example.

It means do 214k -> 214s. D stands for derivative, the follow up to chemical love. Just means to input the follow up.

So im copying this combo https://youtu.be/nWOcrNaHpeQ?t=4m49sand I cant seem to get the untechable knockdown he gets at the end that leads to note oki. Millia techs in mid air when im done. Is this a change with the update or the Millia player didnt tech? 

Also what are common set ups and enders for note oki? 

If you look at the last j.H>236p>airdash>j.H>236p part of the combo, all the p dives are delayed to allow the opponent to fall just a bit lower to the ground so that the last p dive knocks them down.