Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[Xrd] Faust vs. Potemkin

5HS works well against pots hamerfall because of the multiple hits in quick succession.  2K doesn't seem to hit fast enough to stop hammerfall though.  Also slide head can be dodged by doing dust, just like the 100 ton weight can be dodged.

The matchup is pretty free for Faust, honestly. You are basically screwed if he starts his oki game, but Faust spacing has just about every advantage you'd want in the neutral. Drill cancel j.H is extremely useful and Pot really can't stop you from tossing out item after item.

Senkei had a nice pretty nice writeup on the older Faust board, and it basically all still applies here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/852-faust-v-po/

Maybe you all are doing very different stuff. I can't even get out of his jab in the beginning of the match. Can't keep him out with any pokes, backdash of the sort.

Alright its been a few months . This match isn't as free as it appears now with ppl adjusting to the new pot. This match either goes I go even or GET BOPPED EMBARASSINGLY. Anybody that plays this match regularly to chime in would be much appreciated

I'm honestly not sure what else can be said at this point, since the match-up is pretty obvious and has been explained multiple times. Feel free to describe the problems you're having, Faust most probably has a solution to them.

Alright its been a few months . This match isn't as free as it appears now with ppl adjusting to the new pot. This match either goes I go even or GET BOPPED EMBARASSINGLY. Anybody that plays this match regularly to chime in would be much appreciated

I play this MU very regularly and I don't think it is very difficult. HS button is very helpful as Pot can not really contest 2HS, 5HS beats hammerfall, jHS can shut down a lot of forward movement. I like to throw the bomb bag a little in front of Pot to halt any movement as well as not allowing it to get flicked. On defense just remember to mix things up. Blitz the safejump sometimes, backdash sometimes, etc... Keep him guessing when he is on offense until you find your way out. Make sure your meaties are on point so you don't get hit with backdash>pot buster, and rush him down if you get the chance.