Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[Xrd] Faust vs. Zato-One

Would like to add using doors to get out of pressure and cancelling to safe strings really helps a lot. One thing I would suggest is really saving bar to dead angel the small eddie. If you can't afford the bar, most of the time this is usually the case, try to figure out a way for your items to neautilize the small eddie and press forward. 

There seems to be a small local Zato infestation over here, and I'm a bit lost about what to do in this match-up. You can't really zone him, since drills beat your pokes and can even zone you in response, as you don't want to press buttons lest Eddie comes out of the puddle. You can't jump, either, since Eddie will bite you out of the sky and Zato comes flying with j.D or whatever. All you can do is block, and no one wants to be in a situation where they have to block Zato. He does feel weak when I manage to get my offense going, but that doesn't happen too often.

I agree. Even at the highest level when I watch Nage or whoever.vs Ogawa its either you get lucky with item to even match his neutral or you lose to the above SOWL posted. Truly his worst matchup. Its all good though. Best advice I can give is to grind it out for now and when the patch drops his options will be limited and we'll be good. We'll see where the REAL zato players at by then.

I have a few 'tricks' you can use against Zato that might make the match up a little bit easier.

• If Zato remote summons the shadow but he isn't close enough to cover it with drills or 2S, he will most likely do an immediate nobiru. If you think he's going to do nobiru, just block and punish it with P and jump cancel it to cut recovery so Zato can't punish you for poking the shadow.
  • Mix up item tosses regularly with rerere to discourage Zato from mashing 2S after blocking f.S.
  • When Zato uses drills, his hitbox becomes very very tall. You can take advantage of this to bait far drills by running, then jumping right before far drill spacing and hitting Zato with the tip of JH, for a very very long jump in.